This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82
    Nah. Just adds to the realisim of the show. I mean if nobody ever dies then it justs seems fake. I actually like what I've read about this ep.

How many US Navy ships have been taking over and the leader killed? Sure people die, but the situation they are in is juat another lame "bad guys take over" plot that the SG writers love to overuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
      How many US Navy ships have been taking over and the leader killed? Sure people die, but the situation they are in is juat another lame "bad guys take over" plot that the SG writers love to overuse.
      Apples and Oranges. How may U.S Navy ships are dealing with hostile Aliens? I mean come on this is Scifi, it's suposed to be entertaining, and it is IMO. This show is still great IMO and if you don't that's fine. We are just two people with different opinions.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well I guess then you shouldn't bring up how real the show is. I'm sure all the aliens in outer space speak English too. I would love to see Thor speach Spanish or Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
          Well I guess then you shouldn't bring up how real the show is. I'm sure all the aliens in outer space speak English too. I would love to see Thor speach Spanish or Chinese.
          This discussion is pointless. The whole point was if it is realiatic and how can we say what is realistic on something that has never hapened. I mean come on we are against a very powerful and deadly enemy. We are outnembered and outgunned and it is realisitc to say that there would be alot of casualties especially when our weapons don't even touch the Ori. but since we are talking about the Lucian Aliance, our Military forces are being killed by other hostile military forces all the time. So yes it is realistic.

Comment

In the meantime, Vashin has captured Teal’c and is torturing him for information about the rest of the team and why he was spying on them.
            <yawn> Can't they torture someone else? Just once? I agree that killing ship commanders and blowing up ships is also getting to be tiring on this show. Can't the writers think of something new to do? Same old, same old...

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Well, to defend the writers.. the alliance DO have a grudge against Teal'c

On the other hand, I'm also kinda getting weary of him always being the one tortured. Can't they write something substantial (and not Jaffa related) for our favorite alien on SG-1?

Comment

sounds better than previous spoilers
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I feel pretty positive about this episode. It'll be nice to see the Lucian Alliance again. I've really liked what we've seen of them in the past.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I as always disagree! This has been a great season and I can't wait for this episode. Shame Shame for saying that SG-1 should end. The show is still great and still going strong IMO.
                    This has indeed been a great season of SG-1 IMO.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      This has indeed been a great season of SG-1 IMO.
                      As do I. This will be a great ep and as to the torture thing, every member has been tortured not just teal'c. I know that Teal'c being tortured is logical as the Alliance has a big grudge against Teal'c. They blame him for the slaughter against the Ori.

Comment

Well, to defend the writers.. the alliance DO have a grudge against Teal'c
                        As did the Goa'uld. So, when you think about it, the very fact that the Alliance has a grudge against Teal'c is also such a boring cliche these days and not that original an idea for SG1. So...ahem... ...couldn't they find someone else for people to have a grudge against....

Same old, same old...

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

They could have picked Sam. That's something I'd have liked to see, an evil power out to get her.

Daniel already has the Ori to contend with.

People would go -ballistic- if it's Mitchell. They already think the writers spend way too much time with him.

Same with Vala along the Mitchell issue.

But then, what would Teal'c have? He really only's got the Jaffa storylines.. but Sam doesn't have anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                            They could have picked Sam. That's something I'd have liked to see, an evil power out to get her.

Daniel already has the Ori to contend with.

People would go -ballistic- if it's Mitchell. They already think the writers spend way too much time with him.

Same with Vala along the Mitchell issue.

But then, what would Teal'c have? He really only's got the Jaffa storylines.. but Sam doesn't have anything either.
                            I wouldn't have minded it if Sam was their target. That could have been interesting to see.

But still, I like the way things are going.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I wouldn't have minded it if Sam was their target. That could have been interesting to see.

But still, I like the way things are going.
                              Ditto. IMHO they are going in the right direction.

Comment

Ditto. IMHO they are going in the right direction.
                                Besides, it just sets up more great Teal'c moments IMO.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X