build a ship that can transport amor vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord O'neill
    if we bulid a ship that can carry amor vehicles like the M6 Bradley,LAV-25,HMMWV and the bet of the best the M1A2 Abrams tank. i want to see a Ori troop go against a abram tank.
    Sadly... Im sure that the Prior will just psionic-fling that 70 ton tank hundreds of feet into the air. Besides, aren't those Zealot-Warrior cohorts supposed to be accompanied by a Prior?
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

1 year...

Put some longer range anti-prior device to tanks.

It is better to use lighter armored vehicle that has anti-aircraft anti-infantry role...tanks are suited for only tanks..most armies that we are facing in SG were only consist of infantry.

Comment

Sure, build more high tech fancy ships. Then we can take the Stargate out of Stargate.

I see more need for that ring thing that started the whole franchise.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky View Post
          I imagine the armor on an abrams could handle a few staff blasts just by its thickness. We've seen what ori and jaffa staff weapons do to an unarmored human when hit, and the damage, though often fatal, is minimal to the damage an abrams can handle.

And there is no need to build a transport, an abrams tank is just small enought to fit through a stargate. 12ft wide by 8ft high, a gate is 22ft diameter on the outside. It'd be a tight fit, but doable. Imagine the site of an armored infantry division pouring through a gate and blasting an ori army to oblivion.
          Tactically that would be insane. All you would need to do is put a fecking great gun pointing at anything through the gate and blow it up. There would be no possible way of warning those already coming through the gate either.

See the end of Wing Commander for the perfect demonstration of this!

Comment

Merkava IV is the best tank

but I think AH-64 would be much better than tanks and APC's. They can fire missiles against air units, missiles against enemy groung bases and kill enemy ground units with machine gun
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

The M1 tank is the best, however it would be irrelevant to put those up against Ori staff weapons for all we know they can punch right through the armor. Perhaps with some sort of shielding. Theres really no need to make that though its completely illogical.

Comment

Leopard II is generally considered the best tank, especially the latest model.

Comment

i know it would be wicked to see a column of shielded abrams up against some soldiers (very, very cool hah), whats the point?

it won't fit through the gate (yes, 22 feet diamater, but its like trying to put a square through a circle, some fits, just not the corners)

and if you transport them from a ship, why not just shoot targets from the ship in orbit? i think a missle from the deaddy would do a bit more damage than a tank shell?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Leopard II is generally considered the best tank, especially the latest model.
                    yeah, i agree. they aren't as fast as the abrams, but are way better on fuel. they have the exact same main gun (correct me if im wrong), they also have similiar armour.

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett View Post
                      yeah, i agree. they aren't as fast as the abrams, but are way better on fuel. they have the exact same main gun (correct me if im wrong), they also have similiar armour.
                      I've read that the Israeli Merkava IV is the best.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X