This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
    OK, in Season 1, defeating the Goauld was a near impossibility... Now, not so much.

In Season 9, defeating the Ori was a near impossibility... But in Season 13...

Mattathias
    That's because the Go'uld were mortal, had internal politics that SG1 and the Asgard could exploit, and could be killed in a rebellion. Tiamat was tortured because he was too repressive even as a Go'uld. A lot of the Go'uld that we faced off against were dealt with using earth technology.

With the Ori, there's no way to touch them in their home galaxy without the hand of god. We cannot exploit their political structure because they don't have one. The Ori have a permanent grip on their followers because unlike the Go'uld, the Ori never have a moment of weakness. They are ascended energy beings that can never be defeated and don't have any internal political dissension within the Ori ascended ranks. Trying to argue that the Ori are what the Go'uld were in season 1 is a false analogy. We could defeat the Go'uld with luck and their weapons of war were physical constructs. Ori forces have two weapons of war that have require no physical infrastructure. The creation of priors and the Ori ascended themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii
      That's because the Go'uld were mortal, had internal politics that SG1 and the Asgard could exploit, and could be killed in a rebellion. Tiamat was tortured because he was too repressive even as a Go'uld. A lot of the Go'uld that we faced off against were dealt with using earth technology.

With the Ori, there's no way to touch them in their home galaxy without the hand of god. We cannot exploit their political structure because they don't have one. The Ori have a permanent grip on their followers because unlike the Go'uld, the Ori never have a moment of weakness. They are ascended energy beings that can never be defeated and don't have any internal political dissension within the Ori ascended ranks. Trying to argue that the Ori are what the Go'uld were in season 1 is a false analogy. We could defeat the Go'uld with luck and their weapons of war were physical constructs. Ori forces have two weapons of war that have require no physical infrastructure. The creation of priors and the Ori ascended themselves.
      That's the way it looks now... But it isn't a near impossibility if there is a rebellion within their own galaxy... There is hope.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
        That's the way it looks now... But it isn't a near impossibility if there is a rebellion within their own galaxy... There is hope.

Mattathias
        On SG-1, there's always hope. Things just may look pretty bleak for awhile.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Another reason why I hate the Orii. They're Just. Too. Bad. They're unlovable little vampires! Obviously, the only hope for this plot line is to somehow transform them into ice sculptures and toss them out of a garbage disposal into space. I need to watch Merlin again...
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I know how to end it!

They got our galaxy mixed up with another one (invaded wrong one) they then appologise and go home.

Would make one hell of a plot twist, however it wouldn't be very dramatic would it.

Long live Origin
            I Have Information...

Comment

Big spoiler for Sg-1 last EVER episode (jk btw):

Dr. Oma Desala (PhD) gets bored of Anubis.. her and her estranged husband, Reverend Ori, reconcile their marriage, and the rift between Alterans and Ori is mended. Sg-1 is made redundant and its episode 2010 just without the Aschen, happily ever after...

Other than the Ancients in this galaxy taking an active part in the fight, it doesnt matter if we find Merlin's weapon or not.. we wont win. U really think the Ancients would allow us to find/use a weapon they tried to prevent Merlin creating.. Allow us to control a weapon that destroys ALL types of ascended beings.. Nahhh. We cant be a threat to the greatest race in the history of the galaxy...I think their rules of not interfering with lower planes of existence go out the window when we start interfering with their plane of existence

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              the only hope for this plot line is to somehow transform them into ice sculptures and toss them out of a garbage disposal into space...
              I say we arm the Deadalus with a big ol' fire extinguisher and fly on over to Celestis.. Worth a shot lol

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                On SG-1, there's always hope. Things just may look pretty bleak for awhile.
                Sure there's hope on SG-1, also a little too much hope in the fandom when it comes to redundant Furling discussions.....

Oh wait! Maybe the Furlings will turn out to be allies of the Ori and they'll invade to- in ships that look like bathtubs! Won't be much hope there.

*slinks off to the furling thread*

Comment

Children, please stop bickering.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                    Is it wrong of me to not want us to win this one?
                    I'd appreciate the hell out of us losing on a creative level.

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders
                      ofcourse it is hopeless, even with our best ship we did not make a dent on their ship, now that a major concern for me. if we went back in time a million times, they will always whoop our ass.
                      There is no way in hell tptb are going to write an arc where we are ultimatly defeated by the Ori, so it is by no means hopeless...

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                        I'd appreciate the hell out of us losing on a creative level.
                        That would be a hell of a shock after all these seasons of coming out pretty much on top. I wouldn't count on seeing that, though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Depends on what you count as a victory. True, we could end up defeating the Orii, but still have a huge price to pay. The thing about coming on top in past seasons is that there was very little price to pay when doing so. I agree that the chances of the Orii actually winning are er, non-existant?... But given the true price to pay it would be appreciated creativily by me.
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

When we do destroy the ori. they will just have a new enemy to deal with
                            sigpic

Comment

The universe is teaming with enemies....

Mattathias

Comment

I love the Ori, and I want Sg-1 to lose, the Ancients destroyed, and the Milky Way conquered. They should win, they are after all ascended beings, truth be told, Sg-1 should not even have made it this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X