This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jinntann
    yeah, i mean they ori would gett beatin so hard its not funny, that is if there are any drones left, and then there would be ships to
    Ori tech is 10,000 years newer. There's no guarantee that the Ancient tech would be that effective.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

worth a shot even if does not work
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
        Ori tech is 10,000 years newer. There's no guarantee that the Ancient tech would be that effective.
        Not necessarily. The Ori obviously forced the remaining unascended people into submission and back into a feudal pre-industrial civilization. Whatever tech is built is going to have to be built by people with that knowledge and skill level, yes the Ori can teach them the necessary processes and tool useage, but that takes time. They might have compromised on a tech level just above anything they expected to encounter in our galaxy because they know the ancients are not going to directly help us so they don't expect us to have a huge amount of ancient tech.

Comment

Of course worth a shot, but I would like to see drones going splat, against the Ori shields, leaving no damage.

Comment

I'd prefer some damage... I don't want things to be hopeless...

Basically, I want to see classic SG1, with a new direction.

Mattathias

Comment

IMO the ships are powered by the "Arcturus Project" (see atlantis season 2 =P)
              Hallowed are the Ori !!!
              Follow the path of the Enlightment !
              Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

In Trinity it was pretty much stated that the Arcturus Project could not possibly provide stable power because the laws of physics break down and become unpredictable.

Comment

as it has been said the ancients arent perfect, and they seem they had been rushed into using the weapon, they might not have enough time to find a way around it. earth's scientists said there was no way it would have been a viable source of energy but there were ancient scientists still in there, probably working on the device. dont you think the ancients would have realized what we did long before we did? i think those scientist found a way around the problem and brought the machine online again, the wraith came and they had no choice but to use it.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Why is it that we are assuming that the ORI are powered by Zero Point Modules or equivelent technology? Also what information are we basing the assumption that it would destroy half the universe on?

ZPM that was rigged to destroy earth was through the use of an addative that was designed to detonate with an imposibly high yield not the ZPM it's self.

McKay's lovely experement with the outpost nearly destorying that solar system was similar technology but was designed to be powered by an exponetial growth of energy as it was brought into the space we ocupy while the ZPM draws power from a pocket of subspace not in the space we ocupy. Thus the destruction of a ZPM would be more likely to resemble an implosion resulting in a blackhole rather than an ungodly explosion.

Though the interesting glowing energy does make one wounder what exactly is powering the ships. We must remember that the ships were built by primative civilizations so we would have to guess that the ships only real advantage comes from the Priors ability to controll the physics of matter around them. So is it powered by "magic" or by a ZPM like power source on a grand scale or perhaps another energy form posibly a small sun like body of energy contained to power the ships.

All speculation. There may be facts that I am unaware of or missed in my viewing of the related episodes.

- Scott

Comment

there is also the fact that after the shields if we ever breach them the energy source seems quite vulnerable, though it may have a shield of its own the one we seen in trinity seemed very percise and quite fragile. so it may not be an energy source, perhaps a way around the rules so the ori can come into our galaxy without the ancients stepping in?

Comment

ok this is getting perfectic tbh why make thread's sayin will they get a ZPM to power the Ancient Defence Drone's

1. No (Atlantis will never giv up there's now as the wraith are always on the way) unless they find one in the MW

2. They can power the Defence Drone's by a Mark 2 Naquda Generator as in Season 1 Atlantis Epersode SiegPart2

3. the Ori might be 10.000 newer because of there was willing to play GoD but what makes you think that some Ascended Ancient's aint up there planning to Destroy there Ori or bring WarShip's Down.

4. I think that the Ori only got there Technolagy because of the Ancient's in Season9 Ep 1&2 Daniel was reading a Story about the Ancient's and said that they Returned Home what makes you think that the Ancient's Ascended after they returned there... and left there technolagy there so the Ori Can Ascend also.. and thats why i recon the Ancient's Fleed back to the MW and hid us from the Ori and didnt the Ancient's have all the Knolage of the Universe? and when you Ascend with help or not you get all the Power's/Knolage of the Ancient's

Comment

maybe not give the zpm, ancient intergalactic hyperdrives that the wraith modified for their ships maybe faster than ours and the deddy drops to atlantis has wier authorize the use of the zpm to catch up and destroy the wraith ships and by then they are close enough to earth, earth uses it to save their ass and international commitee sends the zpm back next trip the deddy has back to atlantis

Comment

Working...
                          X