Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm i dont think theyll get to the MW...... i reckon sheppard will save the day

Comment

Whatever, say they do find their way to earth, they'll still get owned. They've only got what, like a thousand darts to a hive. True, we don't know if the hiveships picked up their cruisers along the way. If so then that is six cruisers to deal with plus 2000 darts and 2 hives. Still not many. That is when you concider how many fighter aircraft the worlds military posseses as well as all the SAM sites there are around the world. If anything tries to enter orbit, it'll probably get shot down. Also, it's not like the hiveships can produce darts on demand right? Once all of the darts are taken out, there will be nothing to intercept the nuclear missiles we shoot at them. Bam, they get served.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Not that TPTB would ever do this, but it might be interesting to see the Ori and the Wratih fight it out. I don't think the wraith will make it to the mw, and that's besides the fact that it would really sick if they did.

Comment

I Have A Wierd Feeling That Orion Will Be Destroyed In Season3 Ep 1 Dunno Why But I Just Do

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
            ya, good points, but i always find it very cool when they connect the shows, like in the episode "It's good to be king" they find a time machine and in atlantis the same week they explain where it came from.
            I like that myself. TPTB should be bridging the shows when possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
              Have you seen the season 2 finale? They are on the way!

I highly doubt they will actually make it, but those hive ships do have the ability to get here.

On their way with their crappy Wraith hyperdrives maybe. All they have is the information on the Orion hyperdrive that they got from the Atlantis computers. There is no way the Wraith could have instantly turned their hyperdrives into super-Ancient hyperdrives. The are a potential threat that needs to be dealt with quickly. The MW is in no danger from the Wraith at the moment.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                On their way with their crappy Wraith hyperdrives maybe. All they have is the information on the Orion hyperdrive that they got from the Atlantis computers. There is no way the Wraith could have instantly turned their hyperdrives into super-Ancient hyperdrives. The are a potential threat that needs to be dealt with quickly. The MW is in no danger from the Wraith at the moment.
                Tech-wise, the Wraith have to be equal to the Asgard. & since the Daedulus has an asgaurd drive, it'll probly take the wraith a few weeks to arrive.

IMO, the Atlantis project has to be pretty much equal to the Wraith. Sure ancient tech might be more advanced, but even the Asgard seem to be having dificulty with it. Either that or all the ancient repositories, of which the Asgard got two from O'Neil, only have tech up to the Asgard's current level. But humans are learning new stuff from the Ancients every day, & it usually is just enough to hold back the Wraith for now. And, back in the day, the Ancients beat the Wraith to a draw. The current humans & Asgard should not be able to do any better.

The Wraith have to stay the domant threat for years, cause TPTB dont seem to really be able to make good villians for the SG-verse. I mean, it took what, 8 years for them to come up with the Wraith. 9 to create the Ori. & even then, they are just slightly different re-hashes of the original Goa'uld. Hell, of the 4 big bads in the SG-Verse, Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori & Wraith, only the replicators are original. & this Lucien Allince is about as imprive as the original mindless bug replicators were.

Comment

Originally posted by CobraGate
                  Tech-wise, the Wraith have to be equal to the Asgard. & since the Daedulus has an asgaurd drive, it'll probly take the wraith a few weeks to arrive.

IMO, the Atlantis project has to be pretty much equal to the Wraith. Sure ancient tech might be more advanced, but even the Asgard seem to be having dificulty with it. Either that or all the ancient repositories, of which the Asgard got two from O'Neil, only have tech up to the Asgard's current level. But humans are learning new stuff from the Ancients every day, & it usually is just enough to hold back the Wraith for now. And, back in the day, the Ancients beat the Wraith to a draw. The current humans & Asgard should not be able to do any better.

The Wraith have to stay the domant threat for years, cause TPTB dont seem to really be able to make good villians for the SG-verse. I mean, it took what, 8 years for them to come up with the Wraith. 9 to create the Ori. & even then, they are just slightly different re-hashes of the original Goa'uld. Hell, of the 4 big bads in the SG-Verse, Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori & Wraith, only the replicators are original. & this Lucien Allince is about as imprive as the original mindless bug replicators were.
                  What makes you think they are equal to the Asgard tech-wise? They are less advanced than the Goa'uld! Goa'uld have shields, better transporter tech, faster hyperdrives, harder to shoot-down fighters, ability to repair their own ships, and etc.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                    You do realise this is a TV show, freaks me out when I see people trying to rationalise things so much as if it were real... If they writers say the Wraith hyperdrive will get them to earth then it will, end of

Comment

Originally posted by CobraGate

How are the Wraith in any way like the Goa'uld? They are different in almost every way from what I can tell...

Comment

It doesn't matter because they will get owned. They have know chance in hell. Two Hive ships. Pop out of hyperspace and beam two nukes on bored, done. Or, Just show up with some Gua'uld Motherships.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

If I recall correcty no earth vessel has ever actually gotten a missle even a mile near a hive ship. Therefore we still don't know if the wraith have shields. Not to mention the fact that the wraith were fighting the Ancients whose drones pass through shields with ease. So maybe the wraith thought: "Why bother with shields when we can put more power to weapons or damage control especially when our dart pilots are good enough to take out any projectile weapon miles away?". THose are my thoughts on the matter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                            If I recall correcty no earth vessel has ever actually gotten a missle even a mile near a hive ship. Therefore we still don't know if the wraith have shields. Not to mention the fact that the wraith were fighting the Ancients whose drones pass through shields with ease. So maybe the wraith thought: "Why bother with shields when we can put more power to weapons or damage control especially when our dart pilots are good enough to take out any projectile weapon miles away?". THose are my thoughts on the matter anyway.
                            All we have to do is take out all the darts with SAM's until they have no more. Then we launch a couple nukes.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                            X