This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala as a Deli Waitress?

And what's in the Name? I see the "Remember" bit, but where's the "Death" or "Rememberance of Death"?

Comment

maybe it's a bad deli and somene left the turkey sit out too long and it's got salmonella?????
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yeah, it's happening to a series regular, not guest star of the week
        Like Fireman Teal'c?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
          Spoiler fans, follow the link. The storyline is midway:

http://hughestalent.blogspot.com/200...wns-in-la.html

Sounds really interesting. Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            yeah, it's happening to a series regular, not guest star of the week
            Martin - Alien who lost his memories and thinks he's a human being and has made a life for himself here on Earth. The people he crashed on Earth with don't want to return so they keep an eye on him.

Vala - Rendered amnesiac by a Goa'uld who wants to access her memories as Setesh or whatever her Goa'uld symbitoe was called and is now on the run from aliens who want to capture her (probably either to sell to Athena or to gain the knowledge themselves).

This would be like comparing "Lost City" to "Camelot" because they both have huge battles in space.

Comment

You know, they don't say that Athena is a go'auld do they? Maybe she's Ori instead, or even NID....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

if she is NID then it's another point in the 'rerun of wormhole extreme' cause martin's memory was messed with by the shadowy dr tanner....who was really one of his own in disguise

then again, vala used to be a goauld so having her memory wiped, however accidentally, by another goauld IS yet another similarity
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ellenrose
                  Thanks for the spoiler MS - sounds like a great story for Claudia to show her stuff as Vala. Should be very entertaining. Looking forward to Vala in S10.
                  What she said.

Comment

I've just finished listening to "Ex Deus Machina" DVD audio commentary and if you remember that blond woman who was with Ba'al in this episode, Joe said that we'll see her again in "Memento Mori" episode. I wonder whether
                    Spoiler:
                    she is the one who captures Vala?

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      I'm not reading through all of that, could someone just copy the section w/ spoilers and paste it in spoiler tags?
                      Try pressing Ctrl + F.

Changes your webbrowsing forever!

Comment

A few more details on "Memento Mori" from GateWorld ...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...nmemento.shtml
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

GateWorld gives a better description... as usual...

Spoiler:
                          A confused Vala wanders the streets of a city alone and, hungry, enters a deli. When she tries to skip out on the bill, the owner, Sol, stops her. She confesses that she has no way to pay her bill ... and, in fact, she doesn't even remember who she is. She has no memory of her life before she walked into his fine establishment.

Striken with amnesia, Vala agrees to take a job as a waitress to pay back her debt while she tries to piece together her memory. She refuses to go to a hospital, and the very suggestion of it causes her intense anxiety.

Back at the S.G.C., Colonel Mitchell and Teal'c interrogate a man named Weaver -- one of those responsible for Vala's disappearance -- in the isolation room, while Daniel and Carter watch. Weaver isn't very forthcoming with information, and is clearly concerned about what will happen to him if he helps them.

When Vala takes down a pair of would-be robbers, the police take her in for questioning about the incident. But the cop (and deli patron), Ryan, has a hard time comprehending the disoriented and mysterious Vala.

As she begins to remember more and more of what happened to her, Vala discovers that she had been taken prisoner by Athena, an evil being (probably a Goa'uld) who used a memory device to probe for information hidden deep within Vala's memory.

Guest characters include Athena, Sol, Weaver, Kakalios (another person in Athena's service), Ryan, two robbers, and a waitress.

Overall, I find this episode to be intriguing. Vala as a waitress... I recall someone else being a waitress not too long ago...

This episode seems to have elements mixed in from episodes such as Chimera (mind probing for information), Point Of No Return (loss of memory in 'alien' territory - high risk), and Threads (forefront character doing waiting as a job).

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                            Spoiler fans, follow the link. The storyline is midway:

http://hughestalent.blogspot.com/200...wns-in-la.html
                            Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                              The new Goa'uld will be good, but the main storyline doesn't seem to be very intresting.They have made earlier same or similar in Beneath the surface, Summit, Chimera or New Order.
                              Yeah.

They should just do another "head out to a planet that seems okay, then something happens that surprises us, then SG-1 gets in trouble, then they have a gunfight with some Jaffa and win and everything's either okay, or something is set up for later on" episode.

Those are always original.

Comment

I hope this new Gua'uld is powerfull and different from the others.
                                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                                X