Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have ships, why have we not gone back to Heliopolus?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the planet fell into the great Plothole at the center of the galaxy.

So we don't dare take Oddyssey or Daedalus there.

Comment

I also thought of this. What do you hope to find there? In season 2 the writers set this place up as being a huge database and a massive amount of knowledge collect by the four great races of the galaxy, and surrounding galaxies, or as Jack put it:

"Meaning of life type stuff"

If they go back there and they do find something, what the hell are the writers supposed to do, just make up a meaning of life? While this would be a super cool thing to do episode wise, it presents alot of problems from an actual show development perspective.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

maybe because they forgot?
        In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

They now know the asgard, one of the races that made the place, all they have to do is ask.
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

All the advanced Tech from 4 races, and a little storm crumbles it.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
              All the advanced Tech from 4 races, and a little storm crumbles it.
              It has been standing there for what, a million years? I think it did pretty well.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                I also thought of this. What do you hope to find there? In season 2 the writers set this place up as being a huge database and a massive amount of knowledge collect by the four great races of the galaxy, and surrounding galaxies, or as Jack put it:

"Meaning of life type stuff"

If they go back there and they do find something, what the hell are the writers supposed to do, just make up a meaning of life? While this would be a super cool thing to do episode wise, it presents alot of problems from an actual show development perspective.

I think that's why they have bibles to follow so that they don't write themselves into those type of plot holes. However I think they threw their bible in a bond fire and watched it go up into flames, forgetting all the other story arcs that were written during the Show Time Era. I don't know I just wish the show was more concistant with their story lines, there are so many unfinished threads that need to be wrapped up. Without doing that it lessens the qualitly of the show, in my own eyes at least, I doubt many others...

Comment

they must visit Euronda, again
                  Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                  Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                  Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
                    they must visit Euronda, again
                    I think that gate was buried in their underground complex when the "breeders" were able to get through their shields and bomb the place. It's not likely they knew about the gate, since the Eurondan cloners apparently found the gate after the complex was built and they were sealed inside.

That was one of my favorite episodes, and I'd love to see a sequel, but the way they ended The Other Side, I can't see a revisit working.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                    X