Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients don't really want to fight the Ori. But, I must say this, if the Adria is the Ori's way of cheating, how powerful will she be, able to control the Prior's staves, telekinesis, telepathy, healing ability, pyrokinesis perhaps, advanced knowledge, she may well be able to create an anti-ascended being weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by darman
      I don't know how it played out in SG universe but Mordred was the illegitimate son of Arthur and Morgan LeFay(?), who was evil by the way.
      Thanks for the info . Probably wouldn't follow our mythology of it completely - just a battle Arthur would have fought sometime in the distant past, I would say.
      Originally posted by Darren
      Yep, it's excerpted from our full Brad interview, which will be along down the road. Not quite as quickly as Rob's showed up -- we have some actor interviews we want to get published first!
      Thanks so much for the information

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        The Ancients don't really want to fight the Ori. But, I must say this, if the Adria is the Ori's way of cheating, how powerful will she be, able to control the Prior's staves, telekinesis, telepathy, healing ability, pyrokinesis perhaps, advanced knowledge, she may well be able to create an anti-ascended being weapon.
        she may well be able to create that anti-ascended being weapon, but she would do so only to bring about the destruction of the Ancients, I would say. But Merlin was a scientist of the Ancients, it seems - so perhaps he is the only one capable of creating this weapon; perhaps everyone will be on a rush to find his 'holy grail'? The first force to find it, might use it against their ascended foes - be it Ancient or Ori?

I think the rules are pretty mcuh established. The Ori cannot directly interfere with events occuring in the Milky Way Galaxy without incurring the wrath of the Ancients, but they can create Priors (their 'hok'tar' missionaries) and Adria, for lack of a better term their 'chosen one', to lead their crusader forces.

But I thought the Priors were the very highest evolutionary development of humankind, before you're getting to the point of ascension? It would be very interesting to know how much more powerful Adria is... because supposedly:

Spoiler:
        RCC: The Doci is kind of the leader of the Priors who does his work from the Ori galaxy. He's kind of the head there. Adria is the, basically one step higher than him, but equal in terms of her role in our galaxy. She's the one who the Ori have sent to lead the armies in their crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
          But I thought the Priors were the very highest evolutionary development of humankind, before you're getting to the point of ascension? It would be very interesting to know how much more powerful Adria is... because supposedly:

Spoiler:
          RCC: The Doci is kind of the leader of the Priors who does his work from the Ori galaxy. He's kind of the head there. Adria is the, basically one step higher than him, but equal in terms of her role in our galaxy. She's the one who the Ori have sent to lead the armies in their crusade.
          I don't recall them ever saying the Priors were the very highest one could go without being able to ascend. I just thought they were far along the evolutionary path. So Adria could be a great deal more powerful for all we know. I could be wrong though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Priors are pretty evolved, Adria probably surpasses Khalek in terms of evolutionary development. She actually should be able to ascend, without
            help from any ascended being.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I don't recall them ever saying the Priors were the very highest one could go without being able to ascend. I just thought they were far along the evolutionary path. So Adria could be a great deal more powerful for all we know. I could be wrong though.
              It's most likely my error, mate. Haven't watched any of the S9 episodes, bar Camelot and Ethon, since just after each one aired

I think a refresher marathon is in order for me, within the next couple of days
              Originally posted by JanusAncient
              The Priors are pretty evolved, Adria probably surpasses Khalek in terms of evolutionary development. She actually should be able to ascend, without
              help from any ascended being.
              Yep she might well be, since she's going to be pretty close to an Ori in knowledge and understanding, and will be one of the most powerful hok'tar-types we have seen so far in the show. But her conditioning, it seems obvious, would be highly attuned to the interests of the Ori in our galaxy. For the forseeable future at least, she's probably going to be ruled by blind faith and devotion to the Ori and their crusade.

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
                Yep she might well be, since she's going to be pretty close to an Ori in knowledge and understanding, and will be one of the most powerful hok'tar-types we have seen so far in the show. But her conditioning, it seems obvious, would be highly attuned to the interests of the Ori in our galaxy. For the forseeable future at least, she's probably going to be ruled by blind faith and devotion to the Ori and their crusade.

Capt
                I couldn't agree more. However, she still loves her mother. So I wonder how much influence Vala will be able to have over her eventually?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I couldn't agree more. However, she still loves her mother. So I wonder how much influence Vala will be able to have over her eventually?
                  Not much, I'm afraid...

Comment

Yep, probably not much of an influence IMO... but it would be interesting to see the child then the woman dealing with these conflicting issues nonetheless, and would be ESPECIALLY interesting to see how Vala is changed/affected by the birth, and subsequent actions of, her strange 'immaculately' conceived offspring.

Capt

Comment

alterrans (oma followers) should do the same

Comment

Working...
                      X