Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Ori can't interfer with the Milky Way Galaxy because the Ascended Ancients stop them from forcing ppl to worship them as gods by using their rules of none interferance in Non Ascended humans.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

If you read the ARTICLE about - Wright: Adria is the Ori cheating - heres the LINK http://gateworld.net/news/2006/04/wr...icheatin.shtml they talk about why the Oricant some to are Galaxy .

What they talk about is how if the Ori come to the MW then the Ancients will be able to do something about them , but if the Ori dont do anything them selfs the Ancients cant act on what they are doing .

What they are saying is that Valas daughter is really an Ori , a human that is stuff with all the KNOWLEDGE that the Ori know or at least as much as they can put in a humans brain .

This lets the Ori attack the MW GALAXY with out having to ever leave there galaxy .

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        what if we find out that the Ori are the others, and everything they will tell us about the Ancients is true.

The "Others" are people Oma helped accend in recent time. The Ancients are the beings who accended back when their civilization was stricken with the plague.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

what if we find out that the Ori are the others, and everything they will tell us about the Ancients is true.

maybe, but i assume if they knew daniel then, they would have figured out about the MW then, not in season 9. (3 episodes off i know, but still hah)

and, i personally think that the others are just humans that ascended over the ages.

Comment

I still don't think that they blocked the entire Milky Way galaxy from the Ori, just the humans of the Milky Way. And the others, they may not even be human, they are probably another set of ascended beings. I really don't like, that this show is trying to make it seem as though, humans are the only ones capable of ascending.

Comment

I still don't think that they blocked the entire Milky Way galaxy from the Ori, just the humans of the Milky Way. And the others, they may not even be human, they are probably another set of ascended beings. I really don't like, that this show is trying to make it seem as though, humans are the only ones capable of ascending.
              You may not like it (I don't know that I'm a big fan of it either) but something tells me that's what was always the intention. The show is centered very much around humans. It seems majority of all civilizations are human. The oldest known civilization is human. Humans have the longest history on the show. I think it's the old scifi cliche that humans are extra special. I would like to think there are other ascended beings as well, but as a general rule, we humans like to make ourselves unique and with great potential.

I don't believe they blocked the knowledge of the galaxy either. At our current stage of development we can identify several nearby galaxies. The Ori would have known about the existence of any galaxies nearby or even moderately distant before they ascended. They probably just didn't know which one the Alterans went to and what they were doing while they were there.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's not the existance of our galaxy that was blocked, i'm sure the Ori were more than capable of seeing it. But rather the presence of humans in our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                  It's not the existance of our galaxy that was blocked, i'm sure the Ori were more than capable of seeing it. But rather the presence of humans in our galaxy.
                  That sounds pretty plausible to me.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X