Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if the spoilers for Progeny are to be believed then the HZ nanties WERE created by the ancients.

Spoiler:

The Asurans, as Niam reveals to Dr. Weir, are not biologically Lantian. They are artificial lifeforms that evolved from a Lantian experiment to create powerful and aggressive nanites to attack the Wraith on a cellular level ("Hot Zone"). But the microscopic creatures came together to form increasingly larger and more complex organisms, eventually imitating their creators to become human in appearance. When the Lantians realized their experiment had gotten out of hand, they attacked this new race with their fleet of warships and nearly wiped them out.

Weir is stunned, and suspects that the Ancient experiment may have been the genesis of the Replicators that SG-1 battled in our own galaxy. Those mechanical beings were created by an android that was invented by a mysterious scientist (SG-1: "Menace") -- possibly one of the Lantians who resettled in the Milky Way galaxy after the war was lost. These Replicators later evolved into human forms, made up of billions of nanites (SG-1: "Unnatural Selection"). Weir also feels compassion for them, despite what they truly are.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
      A) City Ships in the MW:
      The Lantians left the MW galaxy to the PG galaxy in order to seed new life, but when we watched SGA: 1x01 & 1x02, we see that the City ship is on Earth.

When you think about this, If they were in the MW with the city ship b4 they went to the PG, then it stands to reason that the City ship was built in the MW. If this is the case, would there be city ships in the MW?
      When the Alterans left the MW it stands to reason they took all of their ships to transport the last of their kind.
      Also, it's very possible that there were simply no other city ships in the MW.
      We know they were building their most powerfull city ship in the MW but never finished it because of the plague. It's very possible they didn't build any other city ships untill they got to PG.

B) Technology in the MW:
      The Alterians and the Lantians, both Ancient societies, but the Lantians left the MW to seed new life in the PG. In the PG their technology surprasses anything we have seen in the MW, except for the drones.

Why is it that the PG has a large wealth of technology, while the MW has tech that isn't so scientific based. When I mean scientific based, I mean theres no super laser platforms, or battleships/cruisers, etc. We haven't even seen 1 Puddle Jumper that was built.

The only reason we saw the PJ in 8x13 (SG1), was because Jonas must have built another one in the MW when he left Atlantis, when he told old Dr.Weir that he was going to build another one. I don't know the exact episode number, but it was (Before I sleep - 1x15 (i think)).
      First off, the Lantians ARE Alterans, they didn't call themselves Lantians untill they got to the PG galaxy.
      Secondly, the technology is alot older in our galaxy than it is in the PG galaxy and while we've had races such as the Goa'uld to steal and destroy technology that surpassed them for several thousand years, the PG galaxy had no-one to do such a thing seeing as the Wraith sucked the life out of almost everyone just about every generation.

Also, you shouldn't forget that it's Janus (second time i've had to correct someone on this, this week) that build the TJ (timejumper) and to be quite honest, they simply didn't design the PJ's untill Atlantis was created.

C) Spirituality and Culture between them:

It seems to me that the Lantians were the scientific bunch while the alterians were the spiritual bunch. Seems like that since the Lantians built all these cool scientific gadgets in the PG, the seemly cool tech built in the MW was built by the Lantians that escaped.
      Wrong, i don't know where you got this idea but it's stated very clearly in the show that it was infact the Alterans being the scientific group and the Ori was the split off religious group.

I don't need to talk about the rest you've put under this as in my feeling i have already questioned your ideas and given my arguments for it
      error: signature not found

Comment

Ok, but in which episode (reference) did they say that the Ancients were leaving the MW to go to the PG after the plague broke out, or where did they say that they took all their tech to the PG.

My understanding was that some of the ancients went to the PG to seed new life and explore.

BUT if they wanted to take everything, in the beginning of SGA 1x01, they show an Ancient that stayed behind in Antarctica. I'm not sure why would someone do this though, but my only reason of thinking that they split off as two more different socieities is because of this exploration. Just like Dr. Weir leaving to the PG to explore.

In the SGA episode, "Before I sleep" the Ancient lady said that they were going back to the MW to rejoin their kind. Since they say this, it stands to reason again that the Ancients didn't fully leave to the PG, but they stayed in the MW.

Again though, it still doesn't explain to me what happened to the "City ship" ships in the MW? Is the Atlantis ship the first ship created, and the other ships that we saw, "Teyla's home planet & The Tower episode", are these ships shown to be ships built after Atlantis shown up.

Thoughts?
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Ok, but in which episode (reference) did they say that the Ancients were leaving the MW to go to the PG after the plague broke out, or where did they say that they took all their tech to the PG.

My understanding was that some of the ancients went to the PG to seed new life and explore.

BUT if they wanted to take everything, in the beginning of SGA 1x01, they show an Ancient that stayed behind in Antarctica. I'm not sure why would someone do this though, but my only reason of thinking that they split off as two more different socieities is because of this exploration. Just like Dr. Weir leaving to the PG to explore.
          Ok first up, Ayianna the Ancient we saw in Antartica which you mention had the plague. So they couldnt take her because apparently they never found a cure for it so only the non-infected Ancients left for Pegasus in their Cityships which established the gate system in Pegasus galaxy. So any remaining Ancients who were not infected could travel there. When the Wraith defeated them well the lanteans couldnt travel back in the cityships so they used Atlantis stargate to travel back.

Also in that timeline up, not sure if the Alliance was formed before Pegasus or after considering we have been given information of when the Asgard first went into space. Humanoid Asgard may not have had the technology to have left their galaxy so not sure how the Alliance could have been formed if one of there members were too primitive to make it to the conferences assumption though at this point.

Also remember that an alternate version of Weir went into the past and informed the Lantians that the Second Evolution of Humans would come to the city so they wouldnt want to destroy the city if they had this knowledge beforehand.

Also transcript of the episode where Weir met the Lanteans:
          MELIA: We're returning to Earth.

MELIA: She's free to come with us back to Earth and live among our kind ...

It only suggests that Alternate Reality Weir live with the returning Lanteans, no mention of any MW Ancients who we can assume died from the plague. Assumption though.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
          X