Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Aurora Defeat a Orii Warship???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metroid how come all the hate!!! Ok orion. Why dont we just say aurora class warships then

Originally posted by metroid
    It's called the Orion, the Aurora self destructed. Perhaps you should try to grasp that as it's only been mentioned a billion times.

Like i said in my last post, we simply don't know what kind of effect the Orion could possibly have.
    If you consider that 1 O'Neill Class ship did no damage but scratch their shields (though their weapons presumably did no damage to the Asgard either) then we might be looking at the fact that the Orion is infact one of the only solutions to the Ori ship problem.

Another solution is hijacking one of their ships and use it to fire on the other ones. I think it's actually a good possible solution the writers will use.

Comment

as a last resort with an ori fleet they could just detonate that tainted zpm...of course that really has nothing to do with the question could an Aurora class ship defeat an Ori warship?
      Last edited by section33; 06 April 2006, 08:52 AM.
      McKay - "We need the Zed P M to power the gate!"
      O'Neill - "What?"
      Jackson - "Zee P M... He's um... He's Canadian"
      O'Neill - "I'm sorry"

Comment

And we know nothing about how well that would work, either.

Comment

Originally posted by j619pinoy
          Not a chance. If it did..the story would be way too inconsistent. Even the Orion would get wasted...

Even though we've never seen an Atlantean ship in action..think about this....

Atlantean knowledge....vs....Ori ascended knowledge....

Besides...the Orii ship looks like it uses some special power source..maybe similar to a ZPM. It's the white glowing fuzz in the center of the ship..totally cool. I'm sure the ship has it's draw backs since it was probably a rushed job....just like the satellite that destroyed Prometheus.
          I've got to agree. The orion is a pre-ascension ship. The Ori ships are built using ascended knowledge.

Comment

I think a good idea would be to have the Daedalus bring over several Puddle Jumpers fully equipped with drones and have them in it's bay. Then have the Daedalus jump to a location not to far from the Orii ships. Launch the Puddle Jumpers and have them go in with their cloaks up. All at the same time have them launch their drones and then have them raise their cloaks and make a hasty retreat. If they are afraid of doing this with an Orii ship have them test it with that satellite in the Ethon episode.

At least then we'll know if Ancient tech and Orii tech are similar or not. Remember Anubis built his ship using Ancient assended knowledge, but the drones ripped it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
              I've got to agree. The orion is a pre-ascension ship. The Ori ships are built using ascended knowledge.
              Yes but you're assuming
              A) that the Ori could be bothered further pursuing their scientific knowledge. I don't think they were all that hot on science and wouldn't spend much at it.

B) that this more advanced technology could be built and assembled by an agrarian society with no scientific or technical training using locally available materials

C) that the ship built using said materials and techniques is superior to technology built by and using the materials of the most advanced race known to have existed.

***SPOILER SPACE: Here be spoilers for Ethon and the Siege pt 1.***

I hold out exhibit A) The Rand Protectorate weapons platform. Built using designs given to the by the Ori by a society that is WAY more advanced than the one building the Ori ships

Notice the dull reddish/orange color. It takes the beam multiple shots to destroy the Prometheus, not a particularly big ship by any standard, even though it seemed to penetrate the shields without difficulty.

Now exhibit B) The ancient defense satellite in the Atlantis system.

Note here how the beam is a bright green color, probably containing more energy. Granted the hives don't have shields but the ship is many MANY times the size of the Prometheus and yet was destroyed in a single shot.

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                It's called the Orion, the Aurora self destructed. Perhaps you should try to grasp that as it's only been mentioned a billion times.

Like i said in my last post, we simply don't know what kind of effect the Orion could possibly have.
                If you consider that 1 O'Neill Class ship did no damage but scratch their shields (though their weapons presumably did no damage to the Asgard either) then we might be looking at the fact that the Orion is infact one of the only solutions to the Ori ship problem.

Another solution is hijacking one of their ships and use it to fire on the other ones. I think it's actually a good possible solution the writers will use.
                Hate to blow your bubble but the Asgard ship was a SCIENCE Vessel! NOT an O'Neil Class ship.

Comment

Originally posted by jla0
                  Hate to blow your bubble but the Asgard ship was a SCIENCE Vessel! NOT an O'Neil Class ship.
                  Hate to blow your bubble, but it's an O'Neill. There's a dozen threads on this already with screencap comparisons. It only LOOKS small because the special effects guys flubbed the scaling to make the Ori ships look more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    Yes but you're assuming
                    A) that the Ori could be bothered further pursuing their scientific knowledge. I don't think they were all that hot on science and wouldn't spend much at it.

B) that this more advanced technology could be built and assembled by an agrarian society with no scientific or technical training using locally available materials

C) that the ship built using said materials and techniques is superior to technology built by and using the materials of the most advanced race known to have existed.

***SPOILER SPACE: Here be spoilers for Ethon and the Siege pt 1.***

I hold out exhibit A) The Rand Protectorate weapons platform. Built using designs given to the by the Ori by a society that is WAY more advanced than the one building the Ori ships

Notice the dull reddish/orange color. It takes the beam multiple shots to destroy the Prometheus, not a particularly big ship by any standard, even though it seemed to penetrate the shields without difficulty.

Now exhibit B) The ancient defense satellite in the Atlantis system.

Note here how the beam is a bright green color, probably containing more energy. Granted the hives don't have shields but the ship is many MANY times the size of the Prometheus and yet was destroyed in a single shot.
                    I don't think ascended beings need to be 'all that hot on science' - unless I'm missing something I thought ascension immediately brought ultimate knowledge to the playing field. (I certainly recall some off the cuff comments from Ascended Daniel saying he understood everything).

I agree the Ori ship construction might be limited by supplies available on the planets where the ships are built - but have to believe the shields and weapons are probably first rate.

Comment

well i dont recon a Aurora class warship could destroy the ori ship's as they are not powerful and it's weapon is a defensive weapon i recon... the ancient's must have more weapon's then drone's maybe the more powerful warship's can wipe out a whole fleet of ori ship's as the ori got there tech from the ancient's... Ori belived in Religion Ancient's (Alterian's cant remeber how to spell name) belived in Science.. there is no way they could advance from nothing... the ancient's had to make a great ship to leave there world from the ori..

Comment

Let's try this again, with words...

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                        well i dont recall that an Aurora class warship could destroy the ori ship's as they are not powerful and its weapon is a defensive weapon if I recall... the ancient's must have more weapons than drones. Maybe the more powerful warships can wipe out a whole fleet of ori ship's as the ori got their tech from the ancients... Ori belived in Religion; Ancients (Alterians cant remeber how to spell name) believed in Science.. there is no way they could advance from nothing... the ancients had to make a great ship to leave there world from the ori..
                        Dude, take some grammar classes. YOur mistakes are things that you shouldn't be making after 6th grade.

Also, there's nothing that we've seen so far that shows the true power of an Aurora-class warship. We knows it has, at the very least, drones. We don't know what other wonders it has.

The Aurora was damaged after engaging Wraith in combat. There's no saying that they lost because they were weak. It could be that they were fighting multiple Wraith warships at once. We don't know.

The Ancients were pretty advanced when they left the Orii galaxy. it's possible that the Orii ships represent the technical marvel that was available to the ancients at the time they left. It's also possible that the Orii are using the very same "great ships" that the Ancients used ever so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                          Let's try this again, with words...

Dude, take some grammar classes. YOur mistakes are things that you shouldn't be making after 6th grade.

Also, there's nothing that we've seen so far that shows the true power of an Aurora-class warship. We knows it has, at the very least, drones. We don't know what other wonders it has.

The Aurora was damaged after engaging Wraith in combat. There's no saying that they lost because they were weak. It could be that they were fighting multiple Wraith warships at once. We don't know.

The Ancients were pretty advanced when they left the Orii galaxy. it's possible that the Orii ships represent the technical marvel that was available to the ancients at the time they left. It's also possible that the Orii are using the very same "great ships" that the Ancients used ever so long ago.
                          I believe that before you go around slashing people and telling them to correct their grammar, you should check your own spelling.

And now resume the topic ...

Comment

How embarrassing!

Thanks for catching it. There goes my "number of posts without a misspelling" record.

Comment

well the thing is the scariest people are the people who belieave in religion. Alot of evil things have been done in the name of religion right. The ori belieave in religion, but it doesnt mean they wont create weopens of mass destruction to destroy unbelieavers. They would consider that an act of faith.

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                              well i dont recon a Aurora class warship could destroy the ori ship's as they are not powerful and it's weapon is a defensive weapon i recon... the ancient's must have more weapon's then drone's maybe the more powerful warship's can wipe out a whole fleet of ori ship's as the ori got there tech from the ancient's... Ori belived in Religion Ancient's (Alterian's cant remeber how to spell name) belived in Science.. there is no way they could advance from nothing... the ancient's had to make a great ship to leave there world from the ori..

Comment

the orian will win against a ori ship the ori have one weapon the huge laser and smaller turrets for defence the orian has drones satellite weapon and turrets so that ship has two powerfull weapons and people need to stop saying about ori used acendent knowladge for building there ship most of there knowladge will not even work in this realm ancension doesn't make you all powerfull and knowing and the ori are religgion faction the ancients were a science faction merlin build a weapon that could defeat acendent beings the orian would win.

Comment

Working...
                                X