This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bragi
    telling the writers what they should, or shouldn't be doing with their show is like telling Michelangelo he has to put pants on David. The show is for our enjoyment, but it's their creation, not yours.
    Great analogy, and quite funny Even though I didn't like the first Wormhole, I won't boycott the episode. As others have said, it may turn out better than we are expecting, and there is nothing else I would rather watch---even Wormhole Extreme beats the heck out of Ice-Skating with the Stars (IMO).
    "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipShape
      Great analogy, and quite funny Even though I didn't like the first Wormhole, I won't boycott the episode. As others have said, it may turn out better than we are expecting, and there is nothing else I would rather watch---even Wormhole Extreme beats the heck out of Ice-Skating with the Stars (IMO).
      Indeed! I think this ep will turn out to be a good one. And you can quote me on that.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Wait? Are you saying no Furlings in this episode? That just bumped the episode about 10 points ahead in my opinion.
        Well, there has been speculation that there were def. going to be furlings, but now people have decided there can't be.

I don't know. Frankly, I think TPTB really wish they has never created a race called the Furlings, and they try and ignore it - often.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          I don't know. Frankly, I think TPTB really wish they has never created a race called the Furlings, and they try and ignore it - often.
          One of the few things that tptb and I agree about 100%
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            One of the few things that tptb and I agree about 100%
            I agree with it too. Although, I always wonder whether or not those creatures in Crystal Skull were the furlings. But that is a topic for another thread.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I agree with it too. Although, I always wonder whether or not those creatures in Crystal Skull were the furlings. But that is a topic for another thread.
              When I hear "furlings", all I can picture are ewoks....cute, but I just can't picture them as an advanced race

Comment

ewoks were advanced... they were cute and tasted good.

What more should an advanced race be?

Comment

ewoks were advanced... they were cute and tasted good.

What more should an advanced race be?
                  Less filling??

Comment

yes, some can leave you with that bloated feeling.

Comment

who's to say furlings won't appear/be mentioned?

Comment

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I think introducing the furlings could be iodd, unless they give them another name like they did the ancients.

We could call them the hairy beasts from 2000 fathoms.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping that it was all a joke. Thor just made the name up, because he's an evil little bugger.

Comment

Thor is a little prankster so I wouldn't be suprised if he did make up that name. I have to say, I would be offended if my race was called the furlings. I wouldn't want it adveristed.

Comment

Okay, how's this for an episode. Maybe the 201st. Thor tells SG1 that the Furlings can save the galaxy from the Ori. But, he can't go find them, and they have to. He tells them what planet to look for them. They go through the gate, don't find them, but find some clue that they're on another planet. So, they go, and the cycle repeats. Add a few hostiles every so often to keep it interesting. At the end, they come back to the SGC, with Thor there, and give him their heartfelt apologies. Thor solemnly says he knows they did their best. Next, you see him back with the other Asgards, and one of them asks, "Just how long do you think they're going to buy this Furlings gag?" Fade out on Thor looking wicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X