Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nox - Older and more powerful than the Ancients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I would love to find out more about the Nox. And, actually see them use some of their supposed power to aid us against the Ori. Our side needs all the help it can get right now.
    Supposed power?

I wanna see the Nox cloak the Milky Way they do their cities... like, one Nox dude cloaking us all in the battle field. It'd be the most hilarious way to end the O'ri thing... just hide us... until we're strong enought to one day beat the crap out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
      Supposed power?

I wanna see the Nox cloak the Milky Way they do their cities... like, one Nox dude cloaking us all in the battle field. It'd be the most hilarious way to end the O'ri thing... just hide us... until we're strong enought to one day beat the crap out of them.
      Yeah, but it would only work if the Ori didn't have a way to still detect us, that is. Being Ascended beings, they may have that capability.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Yeah, but it would only work if the Ori didn't have a way to still detect us, that is. Being Ascended beings, they may have that capability.

*nods*

Yup, but what I'm saying with this whole thread is that Ascension isn't necessarily the ultimate path for souls to take. The Nox could be just as, or more, powerful than Ascended beings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
          Sorry, forgot that the Furling Skeleton was a subsitute.

The Poster Below me, is me, check the Username. How is it highly improbable? it's neither probable, nor improbable: they were slightly Humanoid, like the Unas. Who's to say that the Alterans didn't create them? Also, if they didn't create them, how are they're Gates in Ida? And how did the Ancient Repository know of them?

The Alterans probably made the repositories before they left for Pegasus & the Asgard most likley weren't around at the time or they would have been aware of the Ori & the Plague. But, with all the retconning going on, who's to say they didn't? This is confusing...

Edit- Wait, when was Heliopolis built? Before of After They Left for Pegasus? That could explain alot...
          The Dakara weapon killed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeding it. It's pretty safe to assume the Unas came about after this.

Heliospolis was made before the Ancients left because it was a meeting place for the great alliance. There wouldn't be an alliance after the Ancients lefts the Milk Way. Because of this, we can also determine that the Nox survived the Dakara weapon somehow.

Also, how many times do I and the writers have to say this: The Ori did not create the friggin' plague that killed off the Ancients!

Besides, the Ancients left the Ori galaxy before the Ori started ascending and becoming Ori. So mortal Ancients would have no way of knowing what the Hell an Ori is.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            The Dakara weapon killed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeding it. It's pretty safe to assume the Unas came about after this.

Heliospolis was made before the Ancients left because it was a meeting place for the great alliance. There wouldn't be an alliance after the Ancients lefts the Milk Way. Because of this, we can also determine that the Nox survived the Dakara weapon somehow.

Also, how many times do I and the writers have to say this: The Ori did not create the friggin' plague that killed off the Ancients!

Besides, the Ancients left the Ori galaxy before the Ori started ascending and becoming Ori. So mortal Ancients would have no way of knowing what the Hell an Ori is.
            Ummm find me proof of everything you just said because watching the show i take it as being the exact opposite, the ori destroyed the alterans for not converting and the weapon on Dha'kara reseeded the milky way after this occured. the Nox at this time were genetically different so it didnt effect them as it did the alterans.l ALso u have to understand we have a time frame because we know how old the Asgard are. They were approx. 100 further on than our current development (excluding aquired tech) 30000 years ago. It would have taken literally thousands of years for the lantians to develop Pegasus which from my point of view it means the bulk of the alliance existed when the lantians returned from 8000 BC to 1000 AD ish.

o and who eva said that the asgard in the stasis chamber was millions of years old i think i cleared up it was 30000 years old which is actually incredibly staggering evolution to see them in ther present form but i believe that is obviously a result of genetic engineering and ther deteriating genetic condition

o i am only interpreting what i have seen to best tie everything together

Comment

I'll say it again. The skeleton in Paradise Lost was NOT a Furling. In the planning stages of the episode there were supposed to be a furling skeleton, but they changed it!

Comment

Also, remember the device at Dakara seeded life. It could (and certainly probably was) have only seeded human life.
                Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

No way are the Nox older than the ancients. Probably not even more advanced, at least not overall. They MIGHT be more advanced than the Asgard, but I doubt it.

Spiritually/mentally/psychically the Nox might be more advanced but not scientifically. The Asgard seem to have advanced a lot scientifically at the expense of spiritual development. The Nox are sort of the opposite, though they're still obviously quite advanced (unless their flying city is actually Ancient built, in which case they might not be as that's the ONLY evidence we've really seen of their technology, well that and them helping the Tollan build a stargate).

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    No way are the Nox older than the ancients. Probably not even more advanced, at least not overall.

You're just assuming that. See, at this point we have been given no indication to say that the Nox are less advanced, or not as old even, as the Ancients.

It stands perfectly to reason that the Nox may even have a massive mobile empire and that their Milky Way presence is only a small colony.

Comment

While it's conceivably possible, I would say the possibilities are extremely remote. I think we'd be more likely to find out that the Nox are an offshoot of the Ancients (along with the Asgard and possibly Furlings) than that they're some ancient multiple galaxy spanning empire.

Comment

any race with flying city ships are pure ownage.

if anyone can beat ori's toilet seats down it's the nox.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                          I actually think the Alterans did create the Asgard. What are the chances a Humanoid race would evolve seperate from other humanoid races without the Alteran interferance of Panspermia?

I think the Alterans visited Ida, hence why there are Stargates there & the adress is in the Ancient Repository of Knowledge, they visited there, seeded humanoid life & planeted Gates.
                          Can't use stargates as justification. What do you do when you meet a new friend? Oftentimes you exchange emails or cell phone numbers. Well, the stargate is a efficient means of travel. Given that they are in an alliance, the Ancients probably shared the gate schematics with the Asgard.

As for the gate on Othalla... the Asgard could have received that as a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                            While it's conceivably possible, I would say the possibilities are extremely remote. I think we'd be more likely to find out that the Nox are an offshoot of the Ancients (along with the Asgard and possibly Furlings) than that they're some ancient multiple galaxy spanning empire.

I'd say that saying everyone was an offshoot of the Ancients is probably one of the worst things that the writers could do to the show. We've already got enough Ancient crap with Atlantis and the two great Ancient offshoots.... funnily enough they're both evil but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                              Can't use stargates as justification. What do you do when you meet a new friend? Oftentimes you exchange emails or cell phone numbers. Well, the stargate is a efficient means of travel. Given that they are in an alliance, the Ancients probably shared the gate schematics with the Asgard.

As for the gate on Othalla... the Asgard could have received that as a gift.
                              That's very true

Also remember that the Tollan's second homeworld had no Stargate of it's own. We're told that the Nox helped them to build it.

Therefore we could guess that the great races were given Stargate tech. Or that the Nox were advanced enough to know how the thing works.

Having a gate says nothing about the Ancients. I'd be downright depressed if the Ancients in their current form (they've been progressively lowered in power, knowledge, skill, and common sense for years...they are no longer demigods) created all of the life we know in the Universe.
                              Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

The nox appear to get their cloaking ability, and healing ability from themselves rather than technology. They get their power from technology (non-offensive technology, so probably not pew-pew lazers, more like shields and crap) and "mastery of the mind" as Lia put it.

I bet you a Nox (assuming this was a violent Nox, which there aren't but lets just pretend for a second) could beat the crap out of a Prior in an uber psychic pale-skinned person showdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X