This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff
    I agree that there should be something where Asgard and Jaffa ships fight the Ori ships while Other Jaffa and SGC personel fight a massive ground battle. That definatly couldn't have happened in S9 since all we had were Priors. But now with the Ori footsoldiars, we should get some pretty sweet battles.
    That's exactly what I'm betting on for this coming season. A nice mix of ground and space combat.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I mean not a small scale battle of 30-40 troops, but in sheer terms of hundreds and thousands of jaffa with their allies like 30-40 SG troops vs hundreds of thousands of crusaders using CGI. Like Lord of the ring battles...

Comment

which cost more? The CGI effects for a large ground battle compared to a large one like dakara?

And TPTB should really show us much more massive ground battle. I mean, since when do you see a TV show that involve so many ground troops! Not to mention that stargate started out as a mainly ground based Sci-fi. After so many years of space battle, stargate should return to its roots...and give us a really large ground battle.

This can make stargate stand out even more in the TV sci-fi shows...

Comment

i like both so bring on a ground & space how about a underwater fight episode?
          LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
          "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

i think ground would be enough for SG1 but on atlantis...theres an option! the Asurians land on lantia and send out battleships, water bourne to atlantis!
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
              Though if the Orii were smart, they wouldn't even have to bother with ground battles. Just create a gas weapon that will evaporate after a few moments but will kill everyone on the planet. Though didn't we already do that?

It'd be a bit difficult for the crusade to gain support if they wipe out all their potential followers. The Ori's massive armies would be a HUGE show of power that'd be likely to turn more than a few people towards Origin.

Comment

It would be great to see a ground battle. Maybe we can locate Arthur and his Knights and they will be a massive force to ally with us against the Ori troops.

Comment

I loved the ground battles in Heroes Pt II and Stronghold. They definately need another one of those except fighting against the ori. Maybe the Ori will have smaller ships deployed from their toilet class ships equivelant to a goauld alkesh and they can bomb the crap outta the battlefield. CGI enhanced battles with the ori and several earth ground platoons. That would be flippin sweet.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I have found at least one pic that shows a aerial view of a massive ground battle is possible.

The number of jaffa should at least numbered in thousands, and I do remember that is also another shot of a massive jaffa army.

Comment

Massive ground battle...it's expensive but it could be cool.

Comment

The ground battle I want to see would require a Stargate movie...possibly even a TRILOGY...not just a big ass ground battle...but a ground/air/space battle across a couple galaxies at the same time.

In other words....this type of battle..

Comment

Originally posted by j619pinoy
                          The ground battle I want to see would require a Stargate movie...possibly even a TRILOGY...not just a big ass ground battle...but a ground/air/space battle across a couple galaxies at the same time.
                          For that to happen, they would need to do it in like a 2 hour series finale.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

wonder how much TPTB would have to save...they saved quite alot in season 8 for us to have dakara..

Comment

Yeh it would be cool, and I'm guesing that in the next few seasons (hopefully) it will happen.
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

it think a battle on that scale would be incredible, if they want SG1 to restart, then they have to accept that our ships cant face the ori and win, it will go back to the good old boots on the ground.
                                With more off world bases, growing toward public revelations and ever more enourmous resources being pumped in to planetary defence and research i can see that havign large scale ground battle is the next step, in SGC terms " we cant hold the sky but we can definitly hold the ground"

with ori warriors being almost like viking style jaffa, jaffa who we have fought for along time before and have developed much experiecne and tactics agianst them that we can re-use i think Ground battle should become just a frequent as the ship battles were, just because logical regression dictate that if our ships are no use then we must try and hodl the land.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X