No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn ... gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but that's the thing- the screaming few always wind up painting the majority into a bad light. I know it was "just a few" but it sure didn't feel that way at the time and it doesn't change the fact that I was sickened by what I saw and horrified by some of the attitudes I was subjected to.

Same goes for the shippers, quite frankly. Some of them are just as scary and psychotic and they tend to cast ALL shippers into a bad light. Or the Vala fans. Yikes...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Ah, but that's the thing- the screaming few always wind up painting the majority into a bad light. I know it was "just a few" but it sure didn't feel that way at the time and it doesn't change the fact that I was sickened by what I saw and horrified by some of the attitudes I was subjected to.

Same goes for the shippers, quite frankly. Some of them are just as scary and psychotic and they tend to cast ALL shippers into a bad light. Or the Vala fans. Yikes...
      Haven't noticed any scary Vala or Mitchell fans. In ye olden days it used to just 'gen' (or wahtever they were called) and slash fans. Now, the people who get the worst reputations are ship fans, fans of just ONE character/actor. It's pure and simple obsession on a few fans' parts, and mainly the few vocal, strident fans who leave a lasting memory and sour taste in other fen' mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        Haven't noticed any scary Vala or Mitchell fans.
        You're lucky, then. I've gotten multiple negs for daring to say I dislike Vala- although I think all of them were from the same person under different names. Frankly, that's another level of scary obsession: creating multiple accounts to promote your "cause" and make your opinion look somehow more valid. I've also been flamed a few times and had my lineage and my personal habits called into question for not worshipping at the Altar o Claudia.

I'm glad (or I hope, anyway) that Jonas fans never sank to that level. I'm inclined to say he isn't the type of character to inspire that type of fervor, but then, I'd say that of ANY character. What the hell is the point?

I love Jonas, I love Corin, I'm really sorry (and bitter) that Stargate wrote him/them off, but what's the point of inflaming others over it?

Comment

Shad, I know you don't mean to be hurtful by that, but it does sting. I knew you back then, and I don't think that I ever did anything that would have appalled you (or I hope so). Indeed we seemed to get along together.

Just as you wouldn't want all anti's to be tarred with the same brush, please don't lump all Daniel fans together. Or indeed everyone who campaigned to get Daniel back in any shape or form.

Also, I'd really rather this wasn't brought up here. It used to be that everything thread about Jonas ended up being about Daniel, and it really isn't fair to the character.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry Gips. I've gone back and edited in a few things, hope that makes it more palatable. But I still feel VERY STRONGLY about that and even as a minority they still helped to completely sour me towards fandom, towards the show, and particularly towards Daniel. He was my favorite character through season five, but I started to hate him because of certain anonymous campaigners who turned their love of a character into a weapon with which to beat everyone into submission. Over a FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

I may love Jonas, but not enough to flame all who dare oppose him. I can see why people might not have liked the character and frankly, in some ways I can agree because- in my opinion- TPTB didn't do justice to the character OR the actor and didn't allow him to fully fledge into his own. I think they only ever used him as a placeholder and personally, I credit any strength of character on Corin's acting talents.

Comment

Thanks. It is important to remember that it wasn't an entire group. I try to remember that myself. At the time, I got a lot of grief and hurt for being a Daniel fan, and only for that reason. I had people post to me that they were being nasty to me because I was a Daniel fan and therefore deserved it. But I don't want to despise all shipper just because of a few. The shippers who are now on GateWorld have such a different attitude - many of them would be astonished to find that they are meant to be anti-Daniel just because they like Sam and Jack. Indeed there are many of them thunking away in the Daniel thread. I also wouldn't want their actions to put me off Sam in any way.

Anyway, we're well off topic now! Better give myself a slap on the wrist
              sigpic

Comment

OK back on topic.

Jonas was a member of SG1. Fullstop. Period. Fact. There's no disputing this. SG1, the team, is a pivotal part of the show. It just doesn't seem right for Jonas to not be acknowledged.
                sigpic

Comment

Jonas who? Sorry, must have missed that ep.

TPTB are very good at ignoring things they find inconvenient and apparently Jonas was very VERY inconvenient.

Spoiler:
                  Now they've even destroyed the Prometheus, so that's one less piece of evidence related to the Season That Shall Not be Named.

Granted, that's a bit paranoid conspiracy theorist, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Comment

I'd like to see Jonas come back even for just one episode just to tie up lose ends.

Comment

Jonas who? Sorry, must have missed that ep.

TPTB are very good at ignoring things they find inconvenient and apparently Jonas was very VERY inconvenient.

Spoiler:
                      Now they've even destroyed the Prometheus, so that's one less piece of evidence related to the Season That Shall Not be Named.

Granted, that's a bit paranoid conspiracy theorist, but it doesn't make it any less true.
                      I'm abit bitter about this as well, but if that's how TPTB treat them well maybe he's better off out of it.....Their loss.

But I'd be over the moon if he was in one episode.
                      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                      The Strongest Will Survive!
                      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I wonder if Corin might not want to do another SG episode because of the pay rate for recurring guest stars is to low or maybe he just doesn't get along with some of the SG staff/actors. He’s also in a lot of Sci-fi pictures so maybe he just doesn't have the time but anyways it would be nice to see him back and see what his characters been up to.

Comment

Corin said in a magazine interview that he'd be open to a raturn.

Comment

Most of us were so horrified and repelled by what certain Daniel supporters did to get their precious character back AT ANY COST that I think most of us (or I and some of my closer Jonas supporters, anyway) didn't dare to do much for fear of winding up (or just giving the appearance of being) like them. *shudders*
                            WOW I had no clue, I did not discover Stargate until it was already into Season 8 so I came in after the fact. I wonder if it is legal for me to like Daniel and Jonas both? I love Daniel but I do miss Jonas too.
                            Filetta

Comment

Originally posted by Filetta
                              I wonder if it is legal for me to like Daniel and Jonas both? I love Daniel but I do miss Jonas too.
                              Nope, that's strictly forbidden and punishable by a public flogging.

Comment

There are a lot of things to consider when talking about the return of the character.

1. Arc - does this characters return continue the current seasons/shows arc.
                                2. Continuation of 1. Is it a stand alone episode. If so, what purpose does this character serve?
                                3. Will it detract from current Arc?
                                4. Is their role large enough to warrent their return?

If we assume that the role is important and meaty enough to warrent their return, then there are these things to consider.

1. Can current budget support this?
                                2. Is the actor/actress avaliable?
                                3. Is the actor/actress willing to return for the role?
                                4. Can the role be sustained by a current on contract actor/actress?
                                5. Does the actor/actress expect more then the studio is willing to give.

There are a lot of considerations, and we don't know what has prompted the statement that Jonas wouldn't be returning to SG-1.

Although, one can read into the fact that MG specifically state SG-1 and not broadly Stargate. Does this mean there may be Jonas on Atlantis?
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X