Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watch we'll get real worked up and when the ori come something will automatically activate revealing the ancients final act before they left, in the form of a giant honkin space gun.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I don't think the the Ancients ever thought that the Ori would come to this galaxy... I mean, they went tens of thousands of years without hearing anything about them, so its hard to justify building defences to protect against an enemy that doesn't know your there, and up untill recently, didn't even think that you existed.

There proably are many more Ancient defenses scattered throughout the MW, but using actually finding a time and place to use them against the Ori would be hard.

Comment

Anyway, Dakara was probably the ancients safeguard in case the ori ever came back....shoot the weapon throuh the gate and kill everone on an ori planet...and maybe even some ori ships if the weapon could penetrate the ori shielding....which i dont doubt cos the replicators didn't stand a chance.
        O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
        Baal: Impudence
        O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori
          The ancients kicked the Ori out of our galaxy, and probably did that via considerable firepower, so there might be entire caches of treasures just waiting to be discovered.

Anyway, the ancient repository of knowledge is probably their way of preserving their stuff...DIY....so there is no need to rely on their ships remaining intact.

Anyone whoever can handle the ancient repository can make their own stuff using ancient technology, so theres no need for any intact technology...

Thats what people call planning ahead
          Spoilers (highlight)

Well it was my belief that the Ori wiped out the Ancients in the MW (plague and all) and the reminants of the original ancients seeded the current evolution of humanity (ie lantians all the way to us) using the weapon on Dha'kara and then accended. For instance i havent seen a lantian in any episode exhibit the abilities shown by AYIANA and RDA. the Ancients were not all powerful and did not kick the Ori out of the galaxy as the Ori had wiped everything out because they refused to convert to Origin. That is why it took all the way to Merlin to actaully develop a weapon capable of defending against the Ori or defeating them once and for all and we know he was a lantian. I don't think lantians were actally anywhere near as advanced as the original ancients or alterans.

o and it is very wishful thinking to think the Ancients had every angle covered, if that was true then they wouldnt have been wiped out twice by races everyone interprets as being less advanced

Comment

Working...
          X