This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks
    Is there any truth in the movie, 'King Arthur' ?
    Erm, a tiny tiny bit maybe... his name?
    If theres truth to that film, im a 48 year old woman from mars.
    Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
    MSN: [email protected]
    feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
      Read my post again mate, I said the name itself, not the legend.
      I think you should read his reply again! He just gave you factual proof that the name is in fact of common origin therfore not specifcally Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
        Is there any truth in the movie, 'King Arthur' ?
        Actually, the movie is based off one of the people who they think could have been the origin of the legend of king arthur, some roman dude who fought for england after they left, on the movie, they make it bigger scale thow, so, the movie is based off something that happened, but not king arthur, just one of the many theories they have for where the legend came from,

(and to my knowledge the events that occured that the movie is based off of happened after the original king arthur legend, but im not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor69
          Actually, the movie is based off one of the people who they think could have been the origin of the legend of king arthur, some roman dude who fought for england after they left, on the movie, they make it bigger scale thow, so, the movie is based off something that happened, but not king arthur, just one of the many theories they have for where the legend came from,

(and to my knowledge the events that occured that the movie is based off of happened after the original king arthur legend, but im not sure)

I stand corrected about there being no truth in the film
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

ok i am not amazing at the legend i just have the general knowlage that we all have but didn't Arthur appear when the saxson began invading and showed his devine right to rule by pulling out a "magic" sword in the stone with help from his friend and teacher merlin. He lead the british forces to victory driving out the saxsons as king.

a Widely regarded fact is that he was the son of the king Uther Pendragon and when he died the people didn't trust arthur with the protection of the country due to the saxsons invading but he proved his right to rule by pulling th sword from the stone.

that is all i know about the legend which most people would agree with, there are other things in the legend about the grail and his death but this is a topic of some debate so without more information i won't dare to go near it!
            Last edited by kesterr; 31 March 2006, 10:07 PM.
            GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
            Spoiler:
            WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
            Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
            X