Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they bring back O'Neill for a guest spot or 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should they bring him back?

GOD, YES!!!!!!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well this was posted to the sg1_spoilme Yahoo group a couple days back. Note that I'm at work and can't get to the link to verify it.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourst...s?msg=6853.327

reports

According to N. John Smith, Richard Dean Anderson is returning to Stargate in
      Season 10. He has just been talking to him. He says RDA misses working on the
      show and he will be coming back for some episode(s). He would not say how
      many episodes RDA might be in but said it looked very very positive. Someone
      asked "what about Mitchell" and Smith did confirm that they are very happy with
      Ben Browder/Mitchell. The indication is simply that RDA would be returning for
      some guest shots. Gary Jones had previously indicated on Friday night that he
      had seen the script for the 200th Episode and that RDA was *not* in it -- but
      it was hard to tell whether or not he was joking around with the audience. ;-)

Click on link for full text!

Comment

He's head of homeworld security. He could easily make a tour of the SGC or take command of one of the X-304's for a big Ori Battle. I don't think he should go off world again. Or if they did it would have to be for a diplomatic mission or need him for the Ancient Gene.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
          He's head of homeworld security. He could easily make a tour of the SGC or take command of one of the X-304's for a big Ori Battle. I don't think he should go off world again. Or if they did it would have to be for a diplomatic mission or need him for the Ancient Gene.
          A rondom walk through the SGC wouldnt do it for me, it needs the story behind it, a really good reason for him to be involved. I dont see him in command of a 304 but that could just be me.

Comment

They should bring him back, no question!! But only if RDA wants to come back. Ideally for the 200th ep...I've said this before in other threads, but I don't believe that Jack would be able to stay away from what's going on at the moment. We saw how it affected him having to watch his friends go out and have all the fun and be in danger without him when he was in command of the SGC, now he's not even there any more. It must be very difficult for him. I would imagine he'd love to come back to the SGC for a bit to help his team out!

I don't think the show has lost humour with him gone, but it's not the same - it doesn't have the same wit when Jack's not there.

Comment

I would definetly like to RDA make a few appearances in Season 10. But as others have said it MOST be relevant to the overall storyline and make a meaningful contribution to the fight against the Ori / Diplomatic Mission that promotes his new position and gives him something meaty to do!!!

Not just appear for 5 mins and be gone.

Ideally would like to see him in at least 3/4 episodes if poss.

The show still has its comic moments but still miss RDA's delivery
              I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

I think that the show's comic element hasn't really suffered, but as people have said, It's just us mssing his prompt and hilarious delivery of a line.

It's not suprising that he wants to come back, and I think he should... although I would prefer that he actually got a good role, something that involves him doing more than standing around in a suit!

Comment

I think it would be cool if O'Neill, Carter, Daniel, and T were all questioned about a certain mission they went on b/c it's believed there may be technology relevant to fighting the Ori, then they all go back to the planet from the mission to try and retrieve the tech... At least it would provide some reason for us to see O'Neill actually doing something. Maybe they'd bring him along in case they'd need someone with an ATA gene... lol idk, just a thought.
                  Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Maybe Jack could turn up in a secret Earth ship in the beginning of season 10, leading the last assault against the Ori after the first wave was massacred.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

If RDA wants to come back, then no offense to Ben Browder the job is his. RDA has a chemistry with the cast Ben just can't match. (He did have years to create it).

For the shows sake, he would have to commit to a couple of seasons. He could not come back for a few episodes and decide he misses his daughter.

Perfect way to handle the transition would be for the Ori capture Mitchell and turn him into a prior or a brainwashed uber Ori who is the head bad guy for as long as needed. This way he is always available to be "brought back into the fold" through some Carter made miracle.
                      WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

That's like asking "is pie and punch good?"

Of course the answer is a deafening "yes."

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss
                          Yes he should come back, but it has to be done right and the he has to want to do it.
                          Just having him in a rondom episode for no reason would spoil it.
                          I agree. It would need to be carefully written.

Comment

Absolutely, I would love to see Jack O'Neill in as many episodes as Richard Dean Anderson cares to appear in.

Another thing I would love to see is more reference to Jack even when he's not there - Sam's half of a phone call, a query about how he is or discussion of what he is doing, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c talking about plans for a get together at his cabin, etc.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Absolutely, I would love to see Jack O'Neill in as many episodes as Richard Dean Anderson cares to appear in.

Another thing I would love to see is more reference to Jack even when he's not there - Sam's half of a phone call, a query about how he is or discussion of what he is doing, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c talking about plans for a get together at his cabin, etc.
                              yeah, that's not a bad idea, Jack was a huge part of the show for the first 7 or 8 seasons, even if he's not in the show, he didn't drop off the face of the earth - presumably all the others are still friends with him.
                              Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii
                                If RDA wants to come back, then no offense to Ben Browder the job is his. RDA has a chemistry with the cast Ben just can't match. (He did have years to create it).

For the shows sake, he would have to commit to a couple of seasons. He could not come back for a few episodes and decide he misses his daughter.

Perfect way to handle the transition would be for the Ori capture Mitchell and turn him into a prior or a brainwashed uber Ori who is the head bad guy for as long as needed. This way he is always available to be "brought back into the fold" through some Carter made miracle.
                                That's an intriguing scenario.

Mitchell could be an interesting villain and it has the advantage of making the situation with the Ori and the Priors more personal for the team. He could team up with Vala Junior.

Having him brainwashed would also make it more difficult for SG-1 to fight against him as he would not be fully responsible for his actions.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X