This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoples_General

China refused to kowtow to foriegn powers over a century ago, what makes you think they would follow the Ori? China for one has many Atheists, as well as Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, Confucians, and etc. You have people who still do the Ancestral worship. They also have no StarGate for which a prior will walk through and even if they had I think that SARS or some Avian Flu would take him down.

PLEASE, don't talk about a culture, country, and people that you obviously do not understand. Oh and the Cold War is over, so give it a rest. This is the 21st Century.
    China has officially outlawed religion, and people who practice it publically are still carted off to jail. They wouldn't follow the Ori simply because they aren't that dumb, and to go back on the anti-religion thing would put the Communist party out of power.

Yes, this is the 21st century-And China is still ruled by a corrupt, evil Communist regime. That, while willing to help us defend the world, are not willing to change their ways at the same time, despite the gross tyranny we're faced with.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
      China has officially outlawed religion, and people who practice it publically are still carted off to jail. They wouldn't follow the Ori simply because they aren't that dumb, and to go back on the anti-religion thing would put the Communist party out of power.

Yes, this is the 21st century-And China is still ruled by a corrupt, evil Communist regime. That, while willing to help us defend the world, are not willing to change their ways at the same time, despite the gross tyranny we're faced with.
      Take a step into the real world, what are you, the propaganda sponge?

Comment

The network?

Comment

huH??!

Originally posted by Bragi
          The network?

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            The network?
            What do you mean?

Comment

China refused to kowtow to foriegn powers over a century ago, what makes you think they would follow the Ori? China for one has many Atheists, as well as Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, Confucians, and etc. You have people who still do the Ancestral worship. They also have no StarGate for which a prior will walk through and even if they had I think that SARS or some Avian Flu would take him down.

PLEASE, don't talk about a culture, country, and people that you obviously do not understand. Oh and the Cold War is over, so give it a rest. This is the 21st Century.
              This is a fictional Scifi series, and since Earth already is a major power in the universe without it's population even knowing about it, i wouldn't call the Chinese being a foe as a totally unbelievable thing.

Besides, i am not talking about full war against the US, i was reffering to them trying to get Ancient and other alien technology and increase their power on Earth. Is it really hard to believe that China doesn't like to be outgunned and outpowered by the US in every possible way?

Even the Russians, allies of the SGC, try to get more influence by any way possible.
              Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                What do you mean?
                You know...... Sci-Fi Channel.

Comment

I don't think its the Furlings and Adria is already working for the Ori I think that the Furlings will merely introduce us to the return of the race that took the combined forces of them, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Alterans(I remember hearing that Alterans was what the ancients named themselves back in 'Avalon', I only wish the rest of the forum humans would start calling them that) to defeat.

Comment

ori make evil zombie crusader monkeys that shoot ppl with great bolts of their ugly sticks.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I've got it! The feline overlords! An Ancient experiment that went horribly wrong! Wait... that's been done already.

Comment

Originally posted by Snord
                        I don't think its the Furlings and Adria is already working for the Ori I think that the Furlings will merely introduce us to the return of the race that took the combined forces of them, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Alterans(I remember hearing that Alterans was what the ancients named themselves back in 'Avalon', I only wish the rest of the forum humans would start calling them that) to defeat.
                        In a way, the ancients and the Alterans are two seperare cultures, seperated by thousands, if not millions of years. The Alterans were the culture that left the galaxy occupied by the Ori a long time ago, and traveled to the milky way, and were the progenetors of the Ancients. Yeah, I know, its like calling Americans from the 18th century different from Americans in the 21st, but we are different. I feel that when people refer to the Alterans they are referring to the time in ancient society that is closer to their departure from the Ori galaxy, and when they are refered to as the ancients it is a reference to the end of the Ancient "empire", between the time when they fled to atlantis and came back to earth.

Also, when refering to cultural concepts, people seem more inclined to refer to them as the Alterans, while when refering to science and tech, they are more often called ancients. Theoretically, this is probably because we have a much easier time understanding cultural connections between our two societies, and therefore give them a cultural name, alterans. When we are talkinng about tech that is literally millions of years beyond our understanding, it seems almost impossible to comprehend, therefore the most reverent name "ancients".

Yeah, i know its all rhetoric, but at least its my theory as to why the two names still exist interchangebly.

Also, the ancients have blocked the knowledge of our existence from the ori, therefore it is extremely unlikely that the ori sent anything into our midst long ago that will awaken and terrorize us. SOrry Chutzpah.

The furlings as an enemy, again, very unlikely, as they were part of the ancient alliance, and it seems unlikely the ancients and asgard, and nox, would ally with an evil enemy.

It is most likely going to be adria, or at least something to do with her, probably centering around Vala's conflict with her "daughter" (not really hers, but of her body) being the new enemy of the galaxy.

Oh, and yeah, this is the 21st century, but jenks, just look at China's human rights record, and environmental record, as much as the people of china are not evil the regime definately is (not saying anything about any other current governments, as most "regimes" are evil in some way in the real world), but again, it is a sci-fi series, and as much as it has to deal with earth's conflicts on its own planet, I at least would be somewhat dissinterested if China became the new enemy... just dont see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Damar
                          This is a fictional Scifi series, and since Earth already is a major power in the universe without it's population even knowing about it, i wouldn't call the Chinese being a foe as a totally unbelievable thing.

Besides, i am not talking about full war against the US, i was reffering to them trying to get Ancient and other alien technology and increase their power on Earth. Is it really hard to believe that China doesn't like to be outgunned and outpowered by the US in every possible way?

Even the Russians, allies of the SGC, try to get more influence by any way possible.
                          Did it ever occur to you that with Ancient beliefs systems being so similar to Earth's Buddhism, that maybe the certain parts of China already HAS Ancient tech and that Beijing doesn't know about it?

It'd be nice if they found that the mythological city of Shang'Ri La to be in Western China. (I've made a topic like this before) The Temple of Kheb was built on Chinese/Tibetan architecture, why not have a very old Ancient city somewhere in the Himalayas. This Ancient City would be much older than Atlantis, so would have a different architecture and appearance compared to Atlantis. Perhaps going back to that stone-architecture look they had for the Ancients. Ancient chair, Ancient stone-altar control panel, headsucker, and etc. We could even encounter half-Human/half-Ancient people all meditating and what not.

This can be a way for the global powers can defend the planet together. US has more expertise on the Ancients so they work along side the Chinese. I can picture Daniel have speed-talking trying to impress Ambassador Chen and the other Chinese scientists and archaeologists of his Ancient knowledge. While the Russians protect the planet with the Korolyov. (assuming it survived...)

We can bring back the old Soldier -vs- Scientist conflict of the show. Chinese army and US army guys being antagonistic towards each other, but the Chinese and American scientists getting along quite well with each other, and basically telling the soldier boys to buzz off and let the smart people work.

Im sure TPTB can hire enough Asian actors/extras as Vancouver has plenty of my people there.
                          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that with Ancient beliefs systems being so similar to Earth's Buddhism, that maybe the certain parts of China already HAS Ancient tech and that Beijing doesn't know about it?

It'd be nice if they found that the mythological city of Shang'Ri La to be in Western China. (I've made a topic like this before) The Temple of Kheb was built on Chinese/Tibetan architecture, why not have a very old Ancient city somewhere in the Himalayas. This Ancient City would be much older than Atlantis, so would have a different architecture and appearance compared to Atlantis. Perhaps going back to that stone-architecture look they had for the Ancients. Ancient chair, Ancient stone-altar control panel, headsucker, and etc. We could even encounter half-Human/half-Ancient people all meditating and what not.

This can be a way for the global powers can defend the planet together. US has more expertise on the Ancients so they work along side the Chinese. I can picture Daniel have speed-talking trying to impress Ambassador Chen and the other Chinese scientists and archaeologists of his Ancient knowledge. While the Russians protect the planet with the Korolyov. (assuming it survived...)

We can bring back the old Soldier -vs- Scientist conflict of the show. Chinese army and US army guys being antagonistic towards each other, but the Chinese and American scientists getting along quite well with each other, and basically telling the soldier boys to buzz off and let the smart people work.

Im sure TPTB can hire enough Asian actors/extras as Vancouver has plenty of my people there.
                            That's actually not a bad idea. How would the US and the SGC react if China found some sort of ancient relic within their borders? Or better yet... say on the disputed border. Suddenly China would have some money to play with at the table with Russia and the US.
                            Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                              Hate to disappoint you but it is Vala's daughter!

She is the new enemy, because in S9 it was about battling the Priors, now in S10 it's about the Ori getting a foothold in this galaxy, either to convert or destroy non-believers. Hence a new enemy to deal with, Adria + all the followers.
                              Hopefully I'll disapoint you and say BOO YAH! :O

Its no biggie. I'm still thinking that its gotta be someone else. Like for instance, in SGA, they said that theres going to be a new enemy that is Ancient related / Wraith Related, but it could have been many new possiblities. For instance Adria = Michael. Michael has his own hive now with that new hottie queen. Yet Wraith = Wraith.

I'm not going to deviate away from my thoughts that the new Ori enemies is NOT adrina, but someone else entirely.
                              Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                                Hopefully I'll disapoint you and say BOO YAH! :O

Its no biggie. I'm still thinking that its gotta be someone else. Like for instance, in SGA, they said that theres going to be a new enemy that is Ancient related / Wraith Related, but it could have been many new possiblities. For instance Adria = Michael. Michael has his own hive now with that new hottie queen. Yet Wraith = Wraith.

I'm not going to deviate away from my thoughts that the new Ori enemies is NOT adrina, but someone else entirely.
                                Well unfortunately it could be her or it could not be because the term 'new enemy' can be bent into so many ways. New enemy can mean; person, race, person from an already established race etc etc. So it could mean almost anything. So far it looks like it might be Adria though........

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X