This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgardcmndr
    I think our ships need energy weapons. One obvious reason is that storage of shells, etc. wouldn't be needed anymore. The second reason is I've yet to notice any other advanced races using projectile weapons, so there must be reason...(hold the Ancients drones - but those are a whole different animal and are way beyond us, more so than energy weapons). With advanced energy weapons we'd be able to deal more damage without needing to replenish our supplies, we should have enough Gould know how by now to make even a simple cannon (I think).
    Well i defenatly have seen other projectiles other than drones from advanced races Tollan phase war head and relicator block projectiles both of which could perice sheilds. I agree at the moment earth weapons are not effective ship to ship weapons but any future weapons i would prefer to be be earth made weapons combining alien tech with our own then moving towords earth built tech not just copying gou'ald weapons.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
    O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

I totally agree, we do need to develop our own unique human weapons. However, Gould or not, I think we can all agree that givin the Ori situation, we need anything we can get to make our ships more powerful.
      Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

You guys are right about needing better weapons on our ships and im sure eventually we will see something good come along but now that the wraith AND the ori are going to be in the milky way galaxy...we should get some defensive weapons for Earth. Nobody has talked about that since Anubis was kickin butt, but its a bigger problem now.
        "There are some hundred billion galaxies, each with, on average, a hundred billion stars. In all the galaxies, there are perhaps as many planets as stars...ten billion trillion. In the face of such overpowering numbers, what is the likelyhood that only one ordinary star, the Sun, is accompanied by an inhabited planet? Why should we, tucked away in some forgotten corner of the Cosmos, be so fortunate?" -Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Comment

i agree with only 2 ships, and the next one more than 2yrs away i think that they should build defense stations like the ancients ones [anyone else notice that the ori version was pretty much the same only smaller?]

Comment

The Earth is going to need a new space station in earth's orbit with new shields to detect the enemy ship and warn earth and to keep eye open if the enemy sneak up on them by surprise.

Comment

Remember the episode from season 9 where all the different SG1 teams showed up at SG command? At the end Carter used a Asgard weapon on loan to shoot it through the gate. What weapon was that?? It was some kinda energy weapon.

Comment

it realigned the realities to send the right team back to the right reality

Comment

The problem with the drones isn't reverse engineering, its the drones, their a finite resource, we can't build our own anymore then we could build a ZPM, even if we just moved a control chair to Daedalus, or Odyessy, we'll still run outta drones eventually.

But I agree completely with the energy weopon thing, we've had more then enough resources to copy someone's energy weopons, a prime example is the Ion cannons the Tolan had, or all the Goa'uld weopons we've taken over the years. Also what kinda missles are the Battle Crusiers even using, shouldn't they be using like Nukes, ICBM's, that could do some damage
                  "Your a fruitcake," Daniel Jackson to Vala Mal Doran "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

Originally posted by Wedo765
                    The problem with the drones isn't reverse engineering, its the drones, their a finite resource, we can't build our own anymore then we could build a ZPM, even if we just moved a control chair to Daedalus, or Odyessy, we'll still run outta drones eventually.

But I agree completely with the energy weopon thing, we've had more then enough resources to copy someone's energy weopons, a prime example is the Ion cannons the Tolan had, or all the Goa'uld weopons we've taken over the years. Also what kinda missles are the Battle Crusiers even using, shouldn't they be using like Nukes, ICBM's, that could do some damage
                    prolly naq enhanced nukes. Or at least that's what one would think, but more resources should be spent on energy weapons, more effective I think.
                    Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

I agree totally that more firepower is needed but earth based satelites didn't bode too well in absolute power when daniel was shown by the harsesses(sorry if i spelt that wrong) but i think maybe a cloaked weapon platform on the moon would be cool.And hopefully once the world finds out about the stargate program(just speculation on my part)they will finally have the funds to build a proper earth fleet.

Comment

Working...
                      X