Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really doubt the return of the alliance would solve anything why do people think that the combined forces of the 4 races would defeat the ori. thousands of years ago literally thousands upon thousands before the alliance the ori commited genocide by wiping out the ancient inhabitants of the milky way with ther plague....the artifact/weapon on Dh'kara returned life to the milkyway.. that is why ther seems to be too distinct generations of Ancient, one defeated by ori (ie a million years ago - alterans). the reminants of this race then colonised pegasus and then was defeated by the wraith (10000 years ago - lantians) i dont think thew writers have done this properly anyway as i would have thought the two distinct generations would have had different abilities ie one being more evolved than the other ie alterans more evolved than lantians due to the healing ability and telepathy. also the fact is the ancient tech has obvious differences ie the ancient repository's and the ancient stargate weapon that anubis used look totally different fron modern lantian tech (ie the orion atlantis etc....) as well as the weapon on dh'kara and the ancient control console, these obviously alteran old tech, which is seen reused hundreds of times in stargate sg-1 cos they wont commission any more props! obviously then we are the third generation
    Last edited by thomashortoncc; 18 March 2006, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Ok Im tierd of this.
      ITS BEEN A LONG TIME.

Does human tech look like it did under the second world war? No

How do you think it will look in a 1000 years? Like now? NO.

The first alteran tech we see is the stargates(oldests) AND the castle of the alliance just look at the consol. Its clearly goa'uld like. MEANING That the goa'uld got their technology from old anceint tech.
      They both use crystal don't they.

Later on it got more spacy with less and less crystals and more odd stuff.
      The big ass stone consol table was most likly the second tech point(Including the Dakara weapon).

Then the Alterans changed names(NOT a New anceint race its the same) to lanteans and built their crown ship atlantis and some others and left in fear of the plauge to the pegasus galaxy we're they did escape the plauge but got attacked by the wraiths(1 million wraiths on one anceint ). This is their newest tech level with the nice stuff and the puddle jumpers and digital stargates.

Then they returned to the MW galaxy(Those who did't ascend) And this is the last marker.

This tech is darker. Im guessing that the anceints reposetory is made about now because it fits with that anti goa'uld weapon orlin made because he said that the others(Ascended alterans) stopped them after they miss-used the weapon.
      This is also the time of merlin. Just look at that phase swifting keyboard and such its very dark looking just like everything else.

This is most likly how it went.
      I have not seen anything to say that there are 3 generations of humans.
      There are the Anceints(Meaning Alterans, ori and lanteans)(Lanteans being the same as alterans)
      And theres Us. Homo sapien sapien. Home made on lovly little earth and then spread by the goa'uld accros the galaxy and spread by the anceints in the pegasus galaxy. This explains the hologram AND the earlier versions of humans on earth like homo erectus.
      And why I say its the goa'uld that spread humans in the MW is because Why whould earth have such big importance in goa'uld society when it doesn't even have naquadaa? I know I know some of you might say "They already mined it all" But IT IS IMPOSEBLE TO MINE EVERYTHING. It doesnt exists in our solar system, its clean. I dont think that primitive goa'ulds chould clean out a planet like that because they use manual labor.

I mean importance as well I mean The Supreme Goa'uld System Lord Lived here along with ALOT of other system lords on ONE planet and the anceints returned HERE and not anywhere else. The Asgard as well existed here. AND They keep saying Repetivly that the Goa'uld brought them here, When SG-1 meets a new human group on a planet.

Earth is the cradle of mankind.
      There are only alterans and Ori. Lanteans are just a name.
      Technology changes. First anceint tech looked like goa'uld tech and ended up looking alot scarier and stuff. It looked almost bio like with all the weird stuff on it.

Gifts
      -X-
      --------------
      Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

Originally posted by thomashortoncc
        thousands of years ago literally thousands upon thousands before the alliance the ori commited genocide by wiping out the ancient inhabitants of the milky way with ther plague....
        It's time people stopped stating this as fact. It is not. It has been in no way stated that the Ori killed the Ancients with the plague. What has been said is that the plague the Priors started bears similarities to Aiyanna's disease. That is the full extent to which they've addressed that subject. And until they say the Ori killed the Ancients it will remain false.

also the fact is the ancient tech has obvious differences ie the ancient repository's and the ancient stargate weapon that anubis used look totally different fron modern lantian tech (ie the orion atlantis etc....) as well as the weapon on dh'kara and the ancient control console, these obviously alteran old tech, which is seen reused hundreds of times in stargate sg-1 cos they wont commission any more props! obviously then we are the third generation
        Using the way the props look to make a cultural distinction is pointless. I don't think the propmakers thought that deeply. But even if they did, Karec is right; Tech changes appearance over just a few generations. Hang around for a few million years and nothing will look the same.

We are not the third generation. There is no separation via evolution between the Alterans of the Milky Way and the Lanteans of Pegasus. We, as was said in Before I sleep, are the second evolution.

ps. Capital letters ie. punctuation make a post more readable. That was very hard to read.

That being said, I don't know that I want the old Alliance back to help with the Ori situation or any other. The fact is the defeat of the Ori by anything less than the Ascended Ancients is implausible. They are too big for anyone else to manage.

The ancients are ascended and if we never hear from them again I wouldn't be upset. They have had their moment in time (50+million yrs of it) and I hope when the Ori cycle ends they do as well and we can start over with less of the confusion about this way way too old race.

The Furlings I could also do well to never to hear about again. There have been so many questions about them I'd be content just to hear they accidentally blew up their solar system and all died.

If there's to be an alliance I think it should between human representatives, the Asgard, and with any luck the Nox and perhaps the Jaffa.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I agree, I dont think combined force would help at all since they have the power of the ori backing them up. But i have a question... couldnt they make a bigger version of that device they used to temporarily hinder the priors powers, put it on a ship and disable the ori ships shields? That would help a lot wouldn't it? Well, they would just keep sending more, so that wouldnt work in the long run. They should just keep trying to show the ori's "minions" that they aren't Gods...thats the way to win, not by force.
          "There are some hundred billion galaxies, each with, on average, a hundred billion stars. In all the galaxies, there are perhaps as many planets as stars...ten billion trillion. In the face of such overpowering numbers, what is the likelyhood that only one ordinary star, the Sun, is accompanied by an inhabited planet? Why should we, tucked away in some forgotten corner of the Cosmos, be so fortunate?" -Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Comment

the device used to disable the priors severed their connection with the Ori (from whom they got their power). Putting one of those on a ship would unlikley have any effect on the shields. The shields are, like the ship, just like any other ship in the galaxy - but more advanced. Severing a connection between the Ori and whoever is in control of the ship would have prolly have zero effect on the functioning of the ship, as the power and control are most likely independent from the Ori.

The Ori are also not gods, powerful yes, but not gods, they have many many many numbers but still can be beaten. Right now their only way to our galaxy is through their supergate, so at the moment, those numbers don't really effect us, we have to worrry about the 4 that are already here and the gate. Also, I don't think we'll be seeing much action from the Ancients, I think it might be lame to watch - almost too easy.
            Last edited by asgardcmndr; 18 March 2006, 10:02 PM.
            Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Working...
            X