This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reiella
    So the question is, which poor schmuck with the gene is going to get his head sucked.
    I think Jack will come running out of the gate, shove Daniel out of the way and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
      One of the cities could be the Nox or Asuran city.
      On the second option, unlikely since the city is in Milky Way probably and the Asuran are in Pegasus, plus they want to keep the shows separate despite the cross over coming up.

And yeah Jack will shove Daniel aside and Daniel will say "JACK! DAMN YOU! How do you always manage to beat me to the thing?'

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Maybe the three cities are the three capitals of the ancients allies. We know the Nox had a city ship maybe the ancient asgard had one and the furlings have one.

Comment

It's unlikely that Atlantis is one of the 3 cities as no-one came back to atlantis.
          (atleast, judging by rising, the place had been deserted for a long long time and everything was still in place as Ancient Weir had put it.)

So eventhough we are going to look there, i'd find it very unlikely.
          error: signature not found

Comment

but if the asgard had one dont you think they would tell the tauri and i doubt the Nox would keep a weapon even if it was meant to destroy evil beings

Adamus

Comment

Does anyone recall the names of the cities?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Its on omnipedia now:
                Vagonbrei
                Sahal
                Castiana

Its interesting that they never mention what this locations are since we only know he went off crusading. Nothing is mentioned about these locations...whether they are hidden vaults like the one in camelot or are full fledged cities. But hopefully we will get to see in the next season.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by deltsigpun
                  It doesnt matter if the weapon is brought into our demension, the ancients cant do anything about it. That would be interfearing and they wont do that. Its just like when we first met Orlin, on the planet with the powerful weapon, he couldnt just take or destroy the weapon.
                  Ahhhh if the writers follow ther history correctly (which they probs wont) the ancients should interfere and stop sg-1 using th weapon as we have seen in the episode "ASCENSION" the people of the planet Orlin helped to defend with advanced tech were struck down by the ancients. They may let it slide on a technicality as the technology has not been directly handed to them on a plate by an ancient but was created using ascended knowledge.......that would be walking the line to me.......i think it is a matter for the ascended courts to decide hehe

Comment

Originally posted by thomashortoncc
                    Ahhhh if the writers follow ther history correctly (which they probs wont) the ancients should interfere and stop sg-1 using th weapon as we have seen in the episode "ASCENSION" the people of the planet Orlin helped to defend with advanced tech were struck down by the ancients. They may let it slide on a technicality as the technology has not been directly handed to them on a plate by an ancient but was created using ascended knowledge.......that would be walking the line to me.......i think it is a matter for the ascended courts to decide hehe
                    Actually they were only destroyed because they were given the tech by Orlin because he interfered while ascended so Orlin was punished and the planet destroyed.
                    Totally different from merlin as he was not ascended when he did what he did plus we are pretty much allowed to use whatever we can find that the ancients left behind otherwise they would have cleaned up after themselves better if we were not.

Comment

(possible spoilers for those that dont have sci-fi/sky one)

ahh yeah i see your point.. the ancients destroyed the planet to punish Orlin for giving knowledge while he was ascended, again that is why he could come back to earth to cure us of the plague and we were not struck down - but i still thought ther was a line between tech created before a being ascended and after

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                        Its on omnipedia now:
                        Vagonbrei
                        Sahal
                        Castiana

Its interesting that they never mention what this locations are since we only know he went off crusading. Nothing is mentioned about these locations...whether they are hidden vaults like the one in camelot or are full fledged cities. But hopefully we will get to see in the next season.
                        I tried Googling them, and I think Sahal was related to Afghan. So the creators really are keying in on the Middle Eastern connection.

Hopefully, they are at least other planets. Sure the SG team could read Merlin's documents, but it'd be also interesting if they utilized the knowledge of the Asgard and the Nox. They've been around for awhile.
                        DC Animated Universe Resource

Comment

I don't think the ancient are going to stop SG-1, they did sent Orlin to help them stop the plague that the ORI started, and they now know that the ORI wants to actually destroy them. I think that Danielly actually stumble in to an Ascended war, that we weren't suppose to know.

But I really like my theory better on to at least one of the cities been on Earth, either The Bermuda Triangle or that Stonehenge on England.
                          "I am Kal-El of Krypton, it is time to fulfill my destiny"

Comment

they didnt send orlin did they?

I thought he came himself

Comment

Insofar as I am aware (& don't qoute me, as I am going off spoilers & the website, as we haven't got SG-1 S 9 & SGA S 2 here in Australia yet! ), Orlin was punished by the Others when he interfered with a world under threat by the Goa'uuld by giving them the knowledge to build Ascended/Ancient technology, & the world was destroyed because the people of that world used it for conquest & domination when they beat back the Goa'uuld; so basically the Others were cleaning up his mess & punishing him for it.

When he de-Ascended in The Fourth Horseman (pts 1 & 2), he would of been on his own (the whole non-interference law would of stopped the Others from fiddling with his actions as a mortal unless they found it considerably haneous), so the Others would have little reason to interfere in his affiars, given the whole way they view 'lessers' as almost insects & all that.

As for Merlin de-Ascended & suing his Ascended knowledge to build a weapon capable of destroying Ascended beings becuase he felt the Orii were a threat; I don't see how if he went to so much trouble to hide the thing from the Others (considering it could destroy them as well as the Orii if the weapon wasn't used correctly), then why would he hide it somewhere where they could possibly find it ?

We know from spoilers from SG-1 S 10's 'The Pegasus Project' that the Others apparently sent the Ascended Morgana to watch Merlin whilst he did the research on, & constructed, the Ascended-killing device. It makes sense that he would probably know she was watching & hide it in another dimension (like he did with the info. on the device in Arthur's Mantle), or somewhere where NONE of the Ascended would think to look in a million years (given their way of thinking).

He more than likely left 'bread crumbs' as a trail for any whom would oppose the Orii to find in order to stop them if & when he was no longer around to do it himself. What worries me is if the Orii learn of the device (which they more than likely will) & try to find it first, in order to use it on the Ancients & other Ascended. Another question which gets me is if the device works in another dimension to kill Ascended beings on their 'higher' plane of existence, then what is stop the device from wiping out both the Orii AND the Ancients/other Ascended in one big hit?

As for the three Ancients cities Arthur went cruisading to in order to find theHoly Grail, they would more than likely be located in the MIlkyway Galaxy. We know the likes of Vis Uban & other remains of Ancient technology & their cities/outposts are all in the MIlkyway, & we know that Atlantis & various other city-ships & outposts were located in the Pegasus Galaxy; but considering Merlin did his research on Earth (Terra), it is safe to assume, at least IMHO, that it is probably located somewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy (even if Daniel & Vala have to go all the way to Pegasus & Atlantis to get info. on where in the MW it might be located). I would dread seeing it (Merlin's anti-Ascended weapon) in the Asuran city-ship (or anywhere near Asuran hands for that matter), & if they found they had a weapon to destroy their Ascended creators, they would probably use it witout hesitation; not to mention trying to destroy Atlantis. . . .

Personally, just learning more about the Ancients & their obviously massive influence on at least three galaxies (Milkyway, Pegasus & the Alterran Galaxy, if not Ida as well) is cool. It also makes the overall timeline & exact details of when the Ancients did what & where a triffle more complex than it already is!

Comment

Working...
                              X