This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglyjaffa
    this seems like a really odd idea? sounds good but it would be a real twist in the story of sg1 and i honestly dont think the writers would do something like that.
    ...I feel the same way.....

Originally posted by HirogenGater
    Maybe he's a cylon.
    or another one of Harlan's robots who had a dream about season9 (robots dream too! )

Originally posted by NotAscended
    I like this idea. We know that the ancient knowledge in Daniel's head can be accessed (Replicarter), but every time Oma has sent him back he's been blocked from accessing it, beyond being able to better read the Ancient language. Maybe in S10, they will encounter an ancient or a piece of tech that can help unlock some of that for Daniel and he can bring some of his ascended knowledge to this plane of existence.

I like that idea
    ......danny being able to conciously navigate through his ancient memories/knowledge......but I feel that would some how (in some odd way ) break the primary, non-interference, rule of the Ancients

I don't want danny to be myrdin...but maybe myrdin and danny had long conversations on the higher plains
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I like this idea. We know that the ancient knowledge in Daniel's head can be accessed (Replicarter), but every time Oma has sent him back he's been blocked from accessing it, beyond being able to better read the Ancient language. Maybe in S10, they will encounter an ancient or a piece of tech that can help unlock some of that for Daniel and he can bring some of his ascended knowledge to this plane of existence.

maybe the device from COLLATERAL DAMAGE could access his memories...don;t you think?
      http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!

I like that idea
        ......danny being able to conciously navigate through his ancient memories/knowledge......but I feel that would some how (in some odd way ) break the primary, non-interference, rule of the Ancients

I don't want danny to be myrdin...but maybe myrdin and danny had long conversations on the higher plains
        It wouldn't necessarily violate the non-interference rule of the Ancients, because half-Ascended Anubis was able to access all that knowledge, but as long as he didn't use his ascended powers directly, they wouldn't interfere. So, if Daniel was able to use some of his ancient knowledge but not the physical manifestation of the powers, they probably wouldn't interfere.

At the very least, it would be cool if Daniel could remember enough to actually figure out exactly what kind of beings the Ori actually are and know what kind of weapon would be effective against them. Merlin obviously knows or knew this kind of information, which allowed him to try to construct an anti-Ori weapon.

Comment

It wouldn't necessarily violate the non-interference rule of the Ancients, because half-Ascended Anubis was able to access all that knowledge, but as long as he didn't use his ascended powers directly, they wouldn't interfere. So, if Daniel was able to use some of his ancient knowledge but not the physical manifestation of the powers, they probably wouldn't interfere.

At the very least, it would be cool if Daniel could remember enough to actually figure out exactly what kind of beings the Ori actually are and know what kind of weapon would be effective against them. Merlin obviously knows or knew this kind of information, which allowed him to try to construct an anti-Ori weapon.
          I'd have to check, but:

...I thought Anubis was not allowed to procure tech and use it with the concious use of his Ancient memories/knowledge...only alowed to do it if his former human/goa'uld self could have done it (the words in stargate by summed it up more concisely)

So...if nuby actually used the Ancient knowledge of how to make the best superweapon ever then, 'the Others' would have wooped his half-ascended behind .....which they'd do to danny.
          Last edited by jazz!; 11 March 2006, 03:11 PM.
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard
            i think that if daniel was merlin than daniel would have had the ancient gene...
            Dude, If I was reborn I wouldn't have the same DNA

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
              Maybe he's a cylon.

McKay: Crap.
              Hermiod: What did you do?
              McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
              Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

This is one of the coolest theories I've heard in a long time. I think it'd be awesome if Daniel was really Merlin.

Either that or Daniel is actually the original and will one day travel back in time to become Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
                  This is one of the coolest theories I've heard in a long time. I think it'd be awesome if Daniel was really Merlin.

Either that or Daniel is actually the original and will one day travel back in time to become Merlin.

It was said that Merlin could age backwards in time,so I think that is very likely.

Comment

Maybe he's a furling

4 easy steps how to make people hate you
                    Spoiler:
                    Ignore them
                    Spoiler:
                    talk bad about them behind their backs
                    Spoiler:
                    Use lots of spoiler tags
                    Spoiler:
                    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

or daniel could be an ancient that disagreed with the others and oma put him on earth with no memories, and with a bit of genetic tweaking to ensure he didn't remember anything. but some of the knowledge leaked into his subconscious and thats where his idea for the pyramids as landing pads came from as did the knowledge of getting the gate to work. then again i just made that up so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
                        But you have to remember, the panel the team found reacted because Daniel stepped up to it. (I find it unlikely that it was due to Cam, since that would be a little cliche.... Jack had the gene, now Cam does...)

Is it possible that Daniel DOES have the ascended gene, but he didn't even know it? Because he descended?

Think: Daniel was, for lack of a better way to put it, an ANCIENT at the end of Season 5 and through Season 6. Even though he was from earth, he became an ancient through ascending, or at least put on the same level as the Ancients. And then he descended, taking his old human form.

What's to say that Oma didn't just let him have his memories back, but also allowed him to keep that ability to make ancient devices work? Modified his genes a bit when he descended to activate ancient devices? The only reason why Daniel hasn't accessed that, if he has it, is because he doesn't KNOW he had it: Oma did it without him knowing of it. And because he doesn't KNOW, he reacts to the Ancient devices as he always would: step back and let Jack have at it.

Or, you could do the Atlantis thing, where Daniel's taken the gene therapy injections, and therefore, now is able to not only read the instruction manuals, but also use Ancient tech. I don't know: it's just a thought.
                        Take a look at "Lost city" part 1, Spoiler:the ancient repository reacted to Daniel when he came close to it.

But this is problaby due to writers not coming up with the ancient gene as yet, lol.
                        Last edited by Artha O'neill; 22 March 2006, 01:39 PM.
                        Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Personally, I don't think we'll come to find out Daniel is a "reborn" Merlin. Daniel is just Daniel. And that sits with me just fine.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                            It was said that Merlin could age backwards in time,so I think that is very likely.

Yup, it'd be hilarious if at the end of Stargate we saw Daniel go back in time and meet Weir in 8000BC on Atlantis.

Comment

i dont think that'd happen... daniel being merlin/merdin dunno how you spell it. i dont think merlin would have gone back in time because that would mean that there were two time travelling ancients out there. the other being janus. and dont you remember the big spat the ancients had over the whole janus building a time machine thing? im under the impression that merdin is an important ancient so i doubt he would have done it.

as for the gene therapy on atlantis... i dont think all sg teams can go through it because i thought it violated some earth laws, and since the atlantis team arent on earth... they get to do nearly what ever they want.

daniel wouldnt have the gene imo. although it would make more sense to give it to him. and with the ancient repository, i was thinking that it would react to anyone. everyone was scared of it and daniel went up to it first.

hmm when daniel re-ascended and then decended in thread, would the ancients have wiped his mind clear from all that ancient knowlege but let him keep the memories of being ascended with him?

Comment

I think Daniel is the father of Carters Baby.. as Carter was Pregnent in Ripple effect (other universe). If you see the last few minutes of the episode "Ripple Effect" When they tell carter she was pregnent,(in the other universe) the people who tell her, look at Daniel funny.. like dude it was you!!
                                LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                                "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Working...
                                X