This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flibble
    Through the Ori shields? If that were possible, then they would have simply beamed weapons onboard all 4 Ori ships in the first place and then it would all be over!
    That`s a good point, that didn`t even occur. I was just firing out possibilities.

Comment

(first post, woo!)

but seriously... has a BC-304 ever destroyed anything with it's main weapons (not counting beaming nukes around)? I can't think of any times an earth ship (303 or 304s, not counting 302s vs. gliders) has beaten another ship that was equipped with shields or energy weapons, that sort of thing. Seems like it's always "oh, enemy ship, fire rail guns and main missile batteries! oh, not getting through shields? engage sublight engines! offline?? engage hyperdrive, let's get out of here!"

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        I think the better question is, will the next BC-304 have the same crappy weapons as the previous 304's?
        Let's hope not.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the rest of the ship blew up much like with the Prometheus.
          http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

What about the French... ..Aren't they getting a BC304?

Nahhhh It would go to waste... If they do manage to aquire one.. I sincerely hope they beef up the rear section of this BC304... For the French are known to turn tail and RUN everytime they get shot at......
            Dave aka:

GearheadSG1

Comment

Chinese BC-304s
              Russian BC-304s
              European Union BC-304s
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Karec
                I wanna see a swedish BC-304
                Or at least a Skandinavian BC-304
                Don't count on it, I doubt they even know about the Stargate yet...

Comment

When will we see our next BC-304? Not soon enough is the answer. Next season, we definitely have to get our hands on some other ships. Not that they are doing much good at the moment.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally Posted by Karec
                    I wanna see a swedish BC-304
                    Or at least a Skandinavian BC-304

Jenks
                    "Don't count on it, I doubt they even know about the Stargate yet... "

Hi jenks

sure they do I have seen Swedish flags running around at Atlantis. though no Norwegian, Danish or Finnish

Comment

i'm pretty sure the asgard have a few tricks for fast ship building maybe with a little help and cooperation we'll get our ships a bit faster or hybrids.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        Chinese BC-304s
                        Russian BC-304s
                        European Union BC-304s

i hope for the us that ther also will start produsins ships and start bilding mine colonies, in the futser.

ore we will be overun by the ori
                        sorry cant spell

Comment

They didn't find a decent location to mine for Naquadah until the episode Enemy Mine (mid 2003). From that, we can assume that construction of the Daedalus began soon after. Daedalus was apparently commissioned right before it left for Atlantis (mid 05), so that gives us a construction time of about 2 years.

With Odyssey being commissioned recently (early 2006), it means that the construction of the Odyssey would have begun sometime in early 2004.

The Korolev was apparently very close to being launched (meaning that it would be named and it's space trials would begin) when it was commissioned by the Russians, which means it was probably started in mid-late 2004. It was rushed into service early however, so it was probably not due for commissioning until mid-late 2006.

From the looks of things, they were starting a new ship every 4-6 months.

Daniel said in Crusade that he "thought the next Daedalus class ship wasn’t due out of the pipeline for over a year", which seems to indicate that next ship was started in mid 2005, and should be commissioned in mid-late 2007.

However, in the episode The Ties That Bind (mid 2005) it appears they cut the SGC's bugdet by 70% and allocated that money to build more ships. This probably means finishing them faster, and building more at a time, but we shouldn't see multiple ships being commissioned until late 2007-early 2008

From the sounds of things, the next ship off the line should be commissioned right around the time of the season 10 finale; convenient timing, don'tcha think?
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

And with the threat that represent the Ori even for the Asgard, let's hope these little grey poeple give our 304's some energy weapons to fight decently. With that maybe we could win a real space battle for the first time in history.

Comment

I want to see a british 304. If Russia gets one we should have one too. Plus we did let the US have the Ancient treasure in 'Avalon', and we are their closest allies, I would have thought we would be more in the loop

Comment

Working...
                              X