Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give it a try, hoping it gets back to more of the old team feeling. I've really enjoyed only a few episodes this season. I'll be watching for Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.

Comment

obvius !!!

The season 9 is the best of all !!! I love Vala character, all the Priors !! the stupids jaffa nation, the new secret enemy, specially if that is a Daniel ARc!

Hallowed is the season 10 !!!

I dont like BB but neither dislike me

gogogogo Season 21 !!!

(Yes !)
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I'll be watching for Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.
        When, and if, I watch the only reason will be for the BIG 3. Any eps that are sans Daniel or Carter will be automatic skips for me. I love Teal'c but with all the wallpaper he is hanging lately he's not enough for me to tune in to watch a cartoon so unless there is a radical change from S9 to S10 it doesn't look good . . . (please, please, please, Brad Wright, Brad Wright, Brad Wright and the BIG 3, the BIG 3, the BIG 3 to redeem S10).

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          When, and if, I watch the only reason will be for the BIG 3. Any eps that are sans Daniel or Carter will be automatic skips for me. I love Teal'c but with all the wallpaper he is hanging lately he's not enough for me to tune in to watch a cartoon so unless there is a radical change from S9 to S10 it doesn't look good . . . (please, please, please, Brad Wright, Brad Wright, Brad Wright and the BIG 3, the BIG 3, the BIG 3 to redeem S10).
          BIG 5 -

Comment

I will defo be giving it a chance, have really enjoyed season 9, sure its been slow in places but what do u expect. They have had to introduce alot of new characters, Col Mitch, Gen Land, Vala, new doctor lady. So its only natural that some of the old timers like Carta, Daniel and T are gonna take a back step. If u watch season 1 u will notice that O'neil, Carta, Daniel and T did not all just suddenly gell together and become the team they were in seasons 2-8to be honest they were a bit wooden.The characters have to get to know each other and build up bonds and the actors also have to do the same.

Plus you have got the complete switch in storyline. Its gone from Egyptian to Arthurian legend, its completely different. But in my opinion its just as good.

Now things have settled down a bit, people are settled in their new shoes and the new story and background has been introduced i think it has the potential to be as good as ever. I have always wanted to see the Asguard get more involved and now we have an enemy that is worthy of a good fight. I have always felt the Asguard have been a bit under used, they are such a cool race. Had the Asguard ever got involved in the whole Guald (excuse spelling) thing then it would have been over a long time a go as Asguard ships are so much better than. But the ori should be a much bigger challenge, meaning that all the sides will have to unite to survive and from the looks of the teaser of Camelot we are hopefully gonna see some good fights.

Sure we all miss Jack and Hammond but u just have to deal with it and let their replacements settle into the roll. Land and Mitch both have the potential to be good characters. But u cant fit all the background and depth that the remaining SG1 members have built up in seasons 1-9 into just 1 series.

Comment

I'll watch Season Ten, in the hopes that the writers will concentrate on Sam, Daniel and Teal'c instead of constantly spotlighting Mitchell, but it would be lie to say that my expectations are high in that regard.

I love the show and the storylines, so I'll just keep reminding myself that Mitchell is just one character and pray that he dies.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I love the show and the storylines, so I'll just keep reminding myself that Mitchell is just one character and pray that he dies.
                Is this kind of talk allowed here? To hope that a character dies? This is really crossing a line, imo, and is very disrespectful both to the actor and the fans who enjoy the character.

Comment

Yeah it's disrepectful and probably not the nicest thing to say, but it is about the character, not the actor, so I think it's allowed.
                  sigpic

Comment

it is not nice and definitely not respectful towards fans of said character, and personally something i'm not comfortable with given that folks often have a hard time distinguishing between character and actor, however it's not against the forum rules since it is about the character

now if Ben's name EVER creeps in there referencing wanting him to die, people will get slapped on moderation so fast they'll never get to complete thier next post. That is 1000% over the top and uncalled for.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea that was totally uncalled for! You may not like the charater, but don't say mitchell needs to die! keep that to yourself and out of this forum!
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I'm just wondering- is all this talk of season 10 being the last or Sam, Dan and Teal'c leaving after season 10 actually based on facts? Or just rumours, speculation and hope?

But it looks a lot like people who watch for the characters and team are the ones who don't like it and the ones who watch for the stories still do. (In general, my opinion from reading this thread).

But of course I will still watch. I still get an hour of enjoyment a week from it, and I've never abandoned a show before (barring a change of channel/time when I can't watch it anymore- I think it happened with Sliders). And it's not out of some blind loyalty to the shows, it's just that I enjoy watching them and don't go into much detail in critizing them like some people here. I can also proudly proclaim I have seen every episode of many many shows. I guess I just don't have any expectations when it comes to watching shows I like. I just enjoy them.

Comment

Yes I'll start watching season 10 (though I'm a bit worried about the Xena baby).

Maybe I'll start slashing Sam/Vala...
                          scarimor

Comment

Though this show may have lost some of its appeal as to when Jack was still here, I still get the jitters whenever Teal'c gives another another good line, or when Daniel gives the occasional wise crack. Mitchell is still an annoying noob and I am still warming up to him, which will take awhile, I only started watching during the 6th season and it took me awhile to warm up to Jack, and to Daniel when he came back, so it will take awhile for Mitchell as well I suppose.

Of course there hasn't been Thor yet in this season, and when Thor shows up, it gets good.

I will give Season 10 a shot, and even if the show is really starting to suck by then for some strange reason, its still better then Battlestar Gacrapica, which is getting worse and worse every episode I watch. Midway through the season I was actually getting excited when I saw the Pegasus, but from there... blah...... the show took a downwards curve.

SG-1 forever! Some episodes may be **** on a grill, but the good ones make up for them and then some. Oh and I can't wait for Camelot, it is going to be awsome.

Comment

I do miss RDA, but I really did enjoy Season 9, so I'll definitely be watching Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                                I'm just wondering- is all this talk of season 10 being the last or Sam, Dan and Teal'c leaving after season 10 actually based on facts? Or just rumours, speculation and hope?

But it looks a lot like people who watch for the characters and team are the ones who don't like it and the ones who watch for the stories still do. (In general, my opinion from reading this thread).

But of course I will still watch. I still get an hour of enjoyment a week from it, and I've never abandoned a show before (barring a change of channel/time when I can't watch it anymore- I think it happened with Sliders). And it's not out of some blind loyalty to the shows, it's just that I enjoy watching them and don't go into much detail in critizing them like some people here. I can also proudly proclaim I have seen every episode of many many shows. I guess I just don't have any expectations when it comes to watching shows I like. I just enjoy them.
                                Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and Ammanda Tapping have all said at one time or another that Stargate is bigger than one character

This has lead some people to speculate that the plan on leaving the show in the future (after season 10 since they've already signed on)

However I believe that they weren't talking about themselves but Richard Dean Anderson who left the show in season 9
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X