X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both posts are true ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jash
      The Ori are religious fanatics who probably distorted are religous belief that they and the alterrians have (had). Much like the KKK did to Christianity and like Bin Laden has done to Islam. They are religious fanatics that hate people who advance through education. The Alterrians stand for the advancing of civilization through education. I'm not saying religion keeps people ignorant just fanatics of religion what people ignorant so they can have greater control over society.

When the Ori learned to ascend like the alterrians did they took that hate and need for control with them to the next level.

I hope this make sense and is helpful.
      Actually, the real reason the Ori hate the Ancients is that the Ancients once called the Ori's mother 'pig-faced.'

Comment

The Ori weren't religious fanatics, Orlin just said that they were more spiritual. That could mean a lot of things, but given a few things we know now, it could be narrowed down:

The Altera, we know now, used genetic modifications to evolve closer to a form capable of ascending. AKA, they chose the scientific path to Ascension.

The Ori probably thought this wasn't good (then anyone could ascend), and they were probably more evolved than the majority of the Altera (not all, just the majority) and felt that ascencion was something for only those deserving (which it is).

In the conflict, the Ori were probably corrupted by their feelings, and decided to kill the ancients.

It is also to be noted, that the Ori ascended first, proof being that their tech was at a level slightly better than MWG and slightly "Younger" than PG. And since the Altera spent thousands of years without technologically evolving much (between galaxies), this was probably when they Ori finished developing and went up high.

This is all of course, a guess, speculation. A very educated one nonetheless.

PS: Orlin never said anything about the Ori and whatever religion the had, just beliefs. That is a very general statement, and biased as well.

Comment

The Ori weren't religious fanatics, Orlin just said that they were more spiritual. That could mean a lot of things, but given a few things we know now, it could be narrowed down:

The Altera, we know now, used genetic modifications to evolve closer to a form capable of ascending. AKA, they chose the scientific path to Ascension.

The Ori probably thought this wasn't good (then anyone could ascend), and they were probably more evolved than the majority of the Altera (not all, just the majority) and felt that ascencion was something for only those deserving (which it is).

In the conflict, the Ori were probably corrupted by their feelings, and decided to kill the ancients.

It is also to be noted, that the Ori ascended first, proof being that their tech was at a level slightly better than MWG and slightly "Younger" than PG. And since the Altera spent thousands of years without technologically evolving much (between galaxies), this was probably when they Ori finished developing and went up high.

This is all of course, a guess, speculation. A very educated one nonetheless.

PS: Orlin never said anything about the Ori and whatever religion the had, just beliefs. That is a very general statement, and biased as well.

Comment

I don't think the level of tech has anything to do with ascension. Just because the Ori has better tech doesn't make them closer to Ascension.

Does that mean, say, the Tollen are closer to ascension than us? Or because they didn't have a dark age?

Comment

Ori tech seems to be no better than ancient tech. It simply looks to be the ori on a war footing using their tech to a very specific end. Rather than humans using discarded, million year old ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                I don't think the level of tech has anything to do with ascension. Just because the Ori has better tech doesn't make them closer to Ascension.

Does that mean, say, the Tollen are closer to ascension than us? Or because they didn't have a dark age?
                I think you may be right. Either that or the writers are confusing us with intentional vagueness. In one moment they say they evolved to a point of ascension in another they had machines that helped them and in yet another they don't need technology, just hours and hours of meditation.

All I can think of the differing stories is that the Ancients needed to evolve to the point of being able to ascend but we humans don't because either we didn't evolve from scratch when they seeded us, or our evolution is faster than theirs, or the writers don't have a clear view on what the Ancient's story is.

But if I had to fanwank this one I would go with:
                They knew about ascension.
                They tried several methods including genetic manipulation
                Turns out meditation works too; they skip the machine in favor of the yoga mat.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Did anyone stop to consider that the Ori and Alterans wherent the only factions and that they wherent the first evolution either...

Originally the Ori and Alterans were originally one society, human, on an evolutionary path to ascension. - Orlin, s09e10

McKay: Crap.
                  Hermiod: What did you do?
                  McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                  Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

I too think that the Ori were closer to ascension than the Altera, they probably came before the Altera, but I unlike many others believe that it was the Ancients who tried to wipe out the Ori, because I think the ship they in fact built was Atlantis.

The Ori chose ascension through natural means, the Ancients through technology, this in itself breeds hatred, like Daniel said "fire is warmth, energy, light, but on Earth somewhere along the lines fire became evil, I wonder if the Ancients had anything to do with that?" It seems to me that the Ancients have done a lot to make the Ori seem evil, so I wonder what the reason for this is?

Comment

I dont think it was the ancients who tried to destroy the Ori. That would be a contradiction of all the behaviors and actions we have seen the ancients take. Did Janus or the other ancients seem like the kind of people who would hate someone for their beliefs? If they truly tried to wipe the Ori out because of their religious beliefs then why didnt they do that to us because of ours? Everything they have done so far has shown that they believe in the freedom to choose your beliefs.
                      Regardless of what you all may think I am not Superman!-

Was anyone here seriously thinking that?-

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                        The Ori chose ascension through natural means, the Ancients through technology, this in itself breeds hatred, like Daniel said "fire is warmth, energy, light, but on Earth somewhere along the lines fire became evil, I wonder if the Ancients had anything to do with that?" It seems to me that the Ancients have done a lot to make the Ori seem evil, so I wonder what the reason for this is?
                        Maybe because the Ori have already proven to us that they are evil?
                        Why would they attack us if they weren't evil. Think before you write

The ancients have proved through their actions that they are not evil in my opinion.
                        error: signature not found

Comment

they were the same race so they would be at the same level of evolution. one posibility is that when the first of their gained the ability to ascend there were to school of thought. Those who would become came to believe that all should focus there lives towards attaining ascension, while those who became the altera thought that they should continue to pursue science and exploration. The debate grew heated over time until war broke out. A war between 2 groups of ancients, with the posibility of ascended beings getting involved, would have been devastating. the altera may have had no choice but to leave there home galaxy, there may not have been anything left there. The Ori blamed the Altera and may have continued to and sought revenge even after millions of years on a higher plane.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                            Maybe because the Ori have already proven to us that they are evil?
                            Why would they attack us if they weren't evil. Think before you write

The ancients have proved through their actions that they are not evil in my opinion.

Have the Ancients truly proven that they aren't evil, it what way, what have any of the Ancients actually done for us, Orlin didn't come to warn us of the Ori for our sakes, he did it for his, and the other Ancients. Like he said, "the Ori conquering the Milky Way wouldn't be a good things for anyone," (paraphrasing). Which Ancient has helped us, who Janus, Chaya condemned people for their beliefs, she said, that the people of the Atlantis expedition couldn't live among her and her people. Anyone who believes in either good, or evil, has the potential to condemn someone, so think before you write gentle one. The Ancients have proven nothing to me, eventhough the writers will most likely go that direction for its simplicity, the Ancients have never helped anyone but themselves. Oma is the only good Ancient in my opinion, and she is punished for her actions, so was Orlin.

Comment

There are several possibilities:
                              1. If the ori evolved first and began using their power as they do now but the altera through technology proved that it didn't take some kind of religious fanaticism and therefore undermining their power were then forced to leave the galaxy fearing what the ascended Ori could do to them if they did not.
                              2. Once arriving in our galaxy realised that if anyone simply used the ascension machine then they could become like the Ori, taking their prejudice and lack of deeper understandign with them, and so decided upon the spiritual type ascension.

Just an extra point but whoever said that the ascended ancients were good or evil. They like some depictions of God could be beyond this or have aspects of both; we have after all seen the omnipotent aspect of non-interference and I’m pretty sure I remember Daniel saying that the ori weren’t on as higher plain as the ancients themselves (by the way I got this from the fact there are less altera {why leave if there are more of you} and Daniel saying the ori didn’t yet have the power to get the ancients {why send an army if you do?})

There just my thoughts though and could be completely wrong after all I don’t write the show do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c17
                                I dont think it was the ancients who tried to destroy the Ori. That would be a contradiction of all the behaviors and actions we have seen the ancients take. Did Janus or the other ancients seem like the kind of people who would hate someone for their beliefs? If they truly tried to wipe the Ori out because of their religious beliefs then why didnt they do that to us because of ours? Everything they have done so far has shown that they believe in the freedom to choose your beliefs.
                                I agree with that, isn't the plague the ancient faced long ago similar to what the priors did to us? i think the alterans had to learn how to ascend before they all die from that plague. Even Ayiana (the ancient found in Antartica) was sick from that plague.

Comment

Working...
                                X