X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either died or ascended

Comment

About the weapon on Dakara, I do not think the Ancients used it to kill. Another function of this "weapon" is creating life. And there is no reason to be compelled to kill before creating life.

And I believe the plague hit them before they left Earth to go to Pegasus (Ayiana was on Earth at the time when Atlantis left Earth).
      Last edited by Aither; 03 March 2006, 12:22 PM.

Comment

From the looks of it, there was more of an answer to that in this season 10 epi. Seeding other ancient civilizations I think was one of the other explanations given. Exactly what does this mean?

Others went into seclusion, to meditate, no doubt to ascend.

While other stayed on Earth and advanced us. Though they might have advanced us, there's no reason to think they didn't ascend later on. After all, Merlin/Moros did.

We know Janus built another time machine, so what happened to him? He left the machine 300 years ago on that planet for the others to find which means he was around 300 years ago, so what did he do after that?

Also, Melia, seen in the hologram saying that they all returned to Earth and lived out the rest of their lives. Interesting that she used past tense for this when it hadn't even happened yet.

Yes, though they have a strick non-interference policy, it's quite obvious they've interfered at varing points.
        I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
        - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Ayana was infected with the plague afaik.
          She infected the others but she could cure them (except for O'neill)

Makes me wonder why the ancients didn't just cure eachother rather than fleeing the galaxy and lots of them dying.
          error: signature not found

Comment

Because they would reinfect people...she could not stop the plague which was in her system so she would reinfect them again I think,

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

How did Ayiana end up frozen in the arctic anyway?

Moreover, how did she last for 3 million years?

The ancients in "Aurora" couldn't last 10,000 years, let alone 3 million years, in high tech stasis tubes. Are you going to tell me good old ice is more effective than high tech stasis tubes?

I think the ancients in the MW were different in some significant way than those remaining in the Pegasus galaxy 10,000 years ago.
              Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Its entirely possible that the Ancient Atlanteans devolved and lost their long life spans which would explain why Ayiana survived in stasis when the other Atlanteans could not. Speculation.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Also, Melia, seen in the hologram saying that they all returned to Earth and lived out the rest of their lives. Interesting that she used past tense for this when it hadn't even happened yet.

Yes, though they have a strick non-interference policy, it's quite obvious they've interfered at varing points.[/QUOTE]

*SPOILER
                  Melia turns out to be a current ascended ancient, not a hologram, thus she knows what has happened to the acients that returned to earth

Comment

*Spoiler* ---Is she suppose to be the one Daniel and Vala enounter in the Pegasus Project in S. 10? That would be cool.---

As for the Ancients not curing each other, perhaps it has to do with physiology. For some reason, I remember something about Frasier or someone mentioning that our makeup is a lot less complex because we're so primitive, so perhaps it would be much easier to cure us than themselves.

As for her age compared to the Aurora Ancients, I had an issue with that as well. As Prior said, perhaps they did devolve, perhaps by mating with the humans they created. They could've paired themselves up with the less advanced humans which could account for the devolutition(?) of their kind. After all, 10 million years is a long time, and a ship full of people isn't enough to rebuild a society w/o some interbreeding. They would've needed new blood.
                    I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Working...
                    X