Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on 'The Pegasus Project' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirel
    Unbelievable that I'm the only one who noticed that Merlin and Moros were played by the same actor..
    Do a search for Moros & Merlin, put both in the keywords & search as posts. You'll get a few from far back as July. So afraid to disappoint you, but others guessed it long ago.

Comment

There sure are a lot of mixed feelings in regard to this episode! : D

I, for one, can not wait to see this.. not because this is an Atlantis crossover or Vala is in it (actually, I don't mind the character, but like most, I am not sure it is a good idea for her to be a regular...) or we are delving more into the mythology.. nothing is making me more excited than the fact that Brad Wright is the writer! I actually really don't care what the episode is about or who is featured if he is the writer.. I haven't been disappointed by any episode he wrote so far.. in fact, most of what he wrote are among my favorite of ANY season. Okay, except for the clip episodes.. but given the nature of what clip episodes are...

Anyway, that man is such a genius that whatever setting or plot or character he wrote just comes alive for me. I am just excited to watch another episdoe by him : D Can you tell?

I'm not saying the other writers don't come up with excellent stuff.. but Brad Wright is the most memorable to me and (like I said) none of his episodes have disappointed me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
        who says those two are the same person? there has been no indication that they are!
        Read the spoilers page in SG-1's season ten entitled the "The Pegasus Project."

Comment

I am very much looking forward to this episode...

Spoiler:

For one, now that I think of it... Moros' actions against Janus would be logical... seeing as he wouldn't ever want to get caught or reveal his own actions...

Seeing Vala on Atlantis with Daniel and Dr. Weir... That seems very odd.... and amusing. As it stands... What are Daniel's opinions of the Atlantis Expedition? What does he think of the way Dr. Weir has handled things thus far? Most likely, he will be just happy their tinkering with Ancient Tech.

How will Vala react to Dr. Weir, and vice versa?

Is Morgan infact Melia?

This episode makes for many crossovers of information.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel
            Unbelievable that I'm the only one who noticed that Merlin and Moros were played by the same actor..
            I knew that very long ago back when I found out (thru spoilers) that Matthew Walker was playing the Merlin Hologram in Avalon... Seemed a bit odd for him to play two "seperate" ancients, on both shows, and not be a connection.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
              Do a search for Moros & Merlin, put both in the keywords & search as posts. You'll get a few from far back as July. So afraid to disappoint you, but others guessed it long ago.

yep I did a topic on it too. Although in "before I sleep" Moros sounded like he didn't like humans.

Spoiler:

It would be interesting to have at the end of the ep morgan exposed as a evil ancient and hinder SG-1 from ever getting the weapon.

I wonder how the weapon is going to function, Obvious its not a big honkin space gun
              Last edited by GoldenSG-1; 28 February 2006, 11:46 AM.
              the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

C'Mon July!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Egraine
                  C'Mon July!!!
                  Agreed... The second eps of each series are bound to primere around my birthday!

Mattathias

Comment

this ep sounds sweet
                    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Very interesting if Moros (male one not sure about this female stuff) is Merlin, I mean an Ancient Atlantean that was quick to condemn time travel from his fellow but not himself who years later breaks the rules to create a weapon? Either its not the same person or he changed his mind when he ascended and found his evil brothers in the Ori galaxy.

Should Morgan Le Fay be the other member of the Atlantean Council then I wonder if Janus ascended as well. We know that he wasnt idle when he returned back to the MW galaxy (timeship) so could he have ascended? or died? Either way its cool that they are keeping continuity.

Technically speaking, Vala would have some right to tag along to Atlantis considering where she has been. She has lived in the Ori home galaxy for so long that her character might have completely changed. At the very least she has a deep insight on the Ori and knows how bad a menace they are, perhaps even more so then Daniel.

Also wouldnt the Odyssey possess an intergalactic hyperdrive? Might not be fast but still could go.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Spoiler:

Hmmmm... This shines some light on "Quest".

Mattathias

Comment

That ep sounds cool,but were does the oddyse go?

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            Very interesting if Moros (male one not sure about this female stuff) is Merlin, I mean an Ancient Atlantean that was quick to condemn time travel from his fellow but not himself who years later breaks the rules to create a weapon? Either its not the same person or he changed his mind when he ascended and found his evil brothers in the Ori galaxy.

Should Morgan Le Fay be the other member of the Atlantean Council then I wonder if Janus ascended as well. We know that he wasnt idle when he returned back to the MW galaxy (timeship) so could he have ascended? or died? Either way its cool that they are keeping continuity.

Technically speaking, Vala would have some right to tag along to Atlantis considering where she has been. She has lived in the Ori home galaxy for so long that her character might have completely changed. At the very least she has a deep insight on the Ori and knows how bad a menace they are, perhaps even more so then Daniel.

Also wouldnt the Odyssey possess an intergalactic hyperdrive? Might not be fast but still could go.
                            After that, it seems he kinda changed his ways abit, with the whole, King Arthur, Avalon, Camelot etc. Then he finally ascended, learned a greater understanding of the universe, noticed the Ori would eventually pose a threat & decided to do something about it.

What's interesting to me is, how could Merlin know about the Ori threat but they didn't know about the MW. Seems to suggest to me that the Alterrans are more powerful that their Ori brothers despite both being ascended. Possibly Merlin knew that if the Ori got enough worshippers then they'd become stronger in the end & wipe them all out. Okay Merlin built the weapon, but why then was it hidden, surely if he was going to use it he could have. After all when he re-ascended then surely the others will have got the information from him to it's exsistence & whereabouts. Either that or the others could have stepped in when it was about to be used & destroyed it then.

Then the fact of why it was constructed, moved & then the documentation to it hidden in Avalon. Surely when the Ori eventually showed up, then he'd want it to get into human hands to stop them with it.

One point to this ep though, is that they won't get the info to enable them to get a hold of it. If the writers still wish to keep the Ori storyline going for a few seasons as originally planned. Then giving them a weapon to destroy the Ori themselves would make it ever so easy. My guess is that Morgan Lafey will get the info she's looking for & get to it first. Although I have a sneaky suspicion that she may be an evil ancient, so perhaps she's in cahoots with the Ori & maybe has plans to hand it over to them instead.

Comment

One point to this ep though, is that they won't get the info to enable them to get a hold of it. If the writers still wish to keep the Ori storyline going for a few seasons as originally planned. Then giving them a weapon to destroy the Ori themselves would make it ever so easy. My guess is that Morgan Lafey will get the info she's looking for & get to it first. Although I have a sneaky suspicion that she may be an evil ancient, so perhaps she's in cahoots with the Ori & maybe has plans to hand it over to them instead.
                              What would she have to gain from this though? The Ori won't completely trus her because she's an ancient, and she's already ascended, so they can't offer her that. By betraying the Alterans, what would she gain?

Spoiler:
                              I would love to have Morgan being the good girl and Merlin being the bad boy, because then, it would totally turn Arthurian mythology upside down PLus, if mythology was wrong in this case, it would make Daniel second guess everything else he's ever known. It would shake his faith severely, and could possibly send him on that darker path Joe was talking about months ago.

Comment

What's interesting to me is, how could Merlin know about the Ori threat but they didn't know about the MW. Seems to suggest to me that the Alterrans are more powerful that their Ori brothers despite both being ascended. Possibly Merlin knew that if the Ori got enough worshippers then they'd become stronger in the end & wipe them all out. Okay Merlin built the weapon, but why then was it hidden, surely if he was going to use it he could have. After all when he re-ascended then surely the others will have got the information from him to it's exsistence & whereabouts. Either that or the others could have stepped in when it was about to be used & destroyed it then.

Then the fact of why it was constructed, moved & then the documentation to it hidden in Avalon. Surely when the Ori eventually showed up, then he'd want it to get into human hands to stop them with it.

This is pure speculation but IMO he had that Ancient Communicator device that Vala and Daniel used so he could have easily figured out what the Ori we're up to. Another possible explanation is that the Ori knew about the Ancients and vice versa. They are all pure energy so the Ancients might have been able to sense the Ori power even from a far distant galaxy so if Merlin sensed them as an Ancient he might had thought they were a threat then descended to build the weapon. Also in Avalon the Doci told Daniel that the Ancients Sheilded the MW beings so this also could have played a factor in why the Ori didn't know about MW.
                                Last edited by JUNIOR; 01 March 2006, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X