This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frenchybhoy
    Anyone with the AT gene can operate the ancient technology ? No ?
    Yes, but that doesn't mean you automatically know everything about the device you're using, like when Shepard said 'is there anything that looks like a weapons console over there' and then boom! Maybe he thought in his head, projectile - at target - boom! If he doesn't know the drones can be used to rip through armour then he probably isn't going to try and make them do that, whereas O'neill had the ancient knowledge to know what they are capable of...

Just a thought...

Comment

In “The Tower” Mckay was able to figure out that a drone could be used to burrow a hole through the side of the city, so apparently they can be used in that manner.

Comment

It's possible that the Drones in the Antartican outpost may be newer versions of Drones compared to that of those seen in Pegasus. This is what I always suspected, the Ancients seen that the older Drones weren't totally effective against, probably Janus or Merlin upgraded their pentration power a little bit. Just incase the Wraith ever came calling in the MW.

The same for the weapons, which does look like the Sat Weapons Platform from Atlantis. Being that it's supposedly from Merlin that it was created, then it's possible as well that it was constructed by the returning Ancients from Pegasus.

The only problem here is that why hasn't it ever been discovered in all those 10,000 odd years. The simplest solution was that it may be located near a planet that the Goa'uld or Asgard have never been near before. After all the MW is a pretty big place, the thing here is that since Carter is screwing around wioth panels in space, then it's likely either damaged somehow, or perhaps she's rerouting power to run it of a MKII generator.

Another possible scenario could be that it's found on the surface of an Alien planet, they use Odyssey to beam it into outser space or the launch it themselves. Maybe the power runs out after they lanch the thing.

The only real thing that interests me about it, is the position of the thing. Like in 'TS1', the Wraith Hiveships just happened to conveniently have to pass by it on their way to Lantia. In order for the weapon to be effective, an enemy ship has to pass close by for it to be targeted by the sat. I'd rather they find it lying derelict, make the necessary repairs then relocate it to the other side of the galaxy themselves thanks to Kvasir & Odyssey. That would be a lot better, than it conveniently lying in a strategic position to take out invading Ori ships. After all what's the chance that it could be, the MW is huge, so the Ori could chose any planet in the galaxy to use for a supergate. Which I don't even think the Alterrans were even worried about, after all they hadn't been in their home galaxy for over 50 million years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
          It's possible that the Drones in the Antartican outpost may be newer versions of Drones compared to that of those seen in Pegasus.
          I dont think so, in Rising we see atlantis left a tower that held the chair weapons platform. It was millions of years before returning to earth.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
          X