Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love an episode about Thor or the Asgard themselves. To become Supreme commander of the Asgard Fleet means he must have had a illustrious military career, and he had to start out somewhere. Does he like what he does? What the heck does he do all day? With the Replicator war seemingly over, there must be tons on his plate, building new ships, reestablishing bases, etc.

As for the Asgard, I've long wondered about their culture. What do they consider fine art, great works of music, literature, and theatre? Do they have any type of economy or is everyone provided for? What kind of family unit do they have (I realize they don't actually reproduce). Do they have marriage? Hell, does every asgard know the same stuff? I mean are there higher learning centers or do they just beam stuff straight in their skulls.

While I doubt it'd happen since its kinda a touchy topic for some, I'd like to find out how working at the SGC has changed their religious views. After all. they know for a fact we are not alone and there is a higher plane(s) of existence.

Just a few random thoughts.

-Alex

Comment

Jack and Sam married. I could die in peace.

Comment

I have just been watching some episodes from the old seasons...

From that, do you know what i want....

I want to see SG1 in situations where they are completely over their heads, not just technologically too (as we've been seeing of late), but philosophically (sp?) and knowledge wise. I want episodes like "The Fifth Race" (Jack is WAY over his head when he gates to the Asgard Planet. We just get a feeling of awe towards the Asgard. What do we get now? Ooh, wow, the Asgard. Lots of pretty lights and big ships).

"Maternal Instinct" - The Monk has Jackson scratching his head at philosophical issues.

"Crystal Skull" - You wonder at what kind of thing could have built that damn pyramid. Not "becasue of x technology here and x process here, this was possible". Drains all the greatness out of it.

etc etc etc.

That's what Stargate used to be about.. those kinds of things.

Im pretty much watching just out of habit now... we haven't seen anything like that since, well, i dunno. All i get the feeling of now is that the episodes are just full of technobabble and too much like Star Trek. I didn't like Star Trek.

In Summary, I hope to see that there are moments where they can use the music backscore that they use in "the Fifth Race, Crystal Skull etc" when they meet the Asgard, Big aliens, etc etc etc. moments when that music is needed, not "Raise shields and prepare to engage bull****"

Aussie

Comment

know what the hell the asgard are up to some sneaking around by SG-1 and so good old moral conflict of some blow it up VS there is another way. To See other countries get involved preferably not legit, a alliance between a few of the discolsure nations to get tech via say a ship found in eygpt eg British find some gou'ald remote for the ship but go to the chines as they realise they will need alot of man power pluse resources than they have to get hold of the tech they want.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
          O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

i wanna know the true name of the puddle jumpers

Comment

Working...
            X