Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ZPM's will all get shipped to atlantis but...if earth is in trouble hey will send a ZPM bakc via the gate powered by the first ZPM...also the ZPM they used to get to atlantis must have a bit of power left, gating to an 8 cheveron address isnt much of a powerdrain to the atlnatis one..
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
      thousands? definately not.
      hundreds is already stretching it.
      There is no way of knowing how many there is, unless we find a propoer database of how many and where they all are. If need be you could always do what we saw in season 9, and take one from another universe.

I've seen a thread about the posibility of a ZPM factory. Plus, Jack made one from scratch, it can only be a matter of time before we learn how to do it, and to a better extent (as his did'nt last very long)

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
        There is no way of knowing how many there is, unless we find a propoer database of how many and where they all are. If need be you could always do what we saw in season 9, and take one from another universe.

I've seen a thread about the posibility of a ZPM factory. Plus, Jack made one from scratch, it can only be a matter of time before we learn how to do it, and to a better extent (as his did'nt last very long)
        1st, we know there aren't a lot of ZPM's out there. Janus was only able to give us 5 addresses of known ZPM's.

As for taking it from another universe, it'll be really hard since what they did in Moebius got them stuck in Ra's time, where they died. If they did that again, then the other universe would have the ZPM, not us.

If the Ancients were studying another power source (Trinity), they would probably be slowly decreasing the number of ZPM's produced and concentrate more on the new power source.

Matter of time may mean years. Take the GateKeeper chair for example.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
          #1. Jack had the Ancient repository of Knowledge in his head
          #2. That power gen was almost depleted by dialing to the Asguard's Ida Galaxy
          #3. The power gen was depleted after the alternate universe thing
          #4. We don't know how Jack made it.
          Given all the above is true the homemade ZPM was built with items scrounged from the SGC and built here, it would be fairly simple to tear it apart and copy it piece by piece and build a new one, no complicated reverse engineering. In a similar vien, if Orlin built the mini stargate in Sams basement with items from her house and bought online we should be able to do the same with it to figure out how one built with basically our simple technology works and then build our own, apparently you don't need naquada to build a stargate, unless he bought it online.
          But here I go again, applying logic to a Sci-fi TV show, what am I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Antimatter Sam
            Given all the above is true the homemade ZPM was built with items scrounged from the SGC and built here, it would be fairly simple to tear it apart and copy it piece by piece and build a new one, no complicated reverse engineering. In a similar vien, if Orlin built the mini stargate in Sams basement with items from her house and bought online we should be able to do the same with it to figure out how one built with basically our simple technology works and then build our own, apparently you don't need naquada to build a stargate, unless he bought it online.
            But here I go again, applying logic to a Sci-fi TV show, what am I thinking?
            yeah but we don't have the one Jack built anymore. It went to the Alternate Universe.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Cant the asgard build similar power sources... how bout they give us one of those.. If our Mark III naquida reactor is "close" to having enough power surly the asgard have somthing.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Mark III? I don't understand.

Comment

Sorry "Mark Two naqahdah generator". That they used to power the chairs in atlantis, in the Siege. If that is Almost good enough, then the asgard most certainly have something better and thus as good as a ZPM.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

If the Asgard can build something as powerful as Thor's Hammer, which can power up and scan newcomers for symbiotes, I'm pretty sure they've hidden a lot of technology from the Tau'ri, showing us on a need-to-show basis.

Comment

Working...
                    X