Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it be every race for themselves in S10? (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanusAncient
    Something about the Ancients and Orlin, if the Ancients were truly neutral, unwilling to interfere, why did they destroy an entire population, the one that Orlin gave that incredibly advanced weapon to. I know it is said that they did it to correct Orlin's mistake, but these are ascended beings, they could have reversed time, destroyed the weapon, erased memories, but no they decided to kill off everyone on the planet.

If the Ori are telling the truth, maybe some of the Lantians were Ori, they could have came with the Ancient's to the Milky Way, and then to Pegasus, after they helped the Ancients to betray the Ori.

What are you talking about the Ancients don't get people to worship them? In the Stargate universe they are responsible for Earth's many religions, even Daniel commented on whether or not the Ancients made fire evil. In Pegasus Chaya keeps people much like the Ori, they worship Athar, the only good Ancient we have met is Oma. They sent Orlin back to us as child, I think because they knew it was more likely we would perceive a child as innocent, therefore telling the truth. Again, these are ascended beings, they could have given the information necessary to cure to plague, to a computer, while never leaving their place of existence, except to inform us what it meant.

Have the Ori ascended anyone, we don't know, we know that the Ancients said they haven't, and the only Ancient that has ascended anyone is Oma, we don't even know if she is an Ancient.
    Chaya stayed behind to protect her people from the wraith, the people worshipped athar and she basically went along with it, saying she was a high priestess when really she is the ancient.
    I don't think the ancients are evil, it's more they let us do what we(SG universe) want and let us be. Both Daniel and Orlin were deascended because they helped the "lower plains of existance".But Orlin was able to retain the knowledge for a short time.

Comment

Here's the thing that doesn't make much sense about that supposition.

Why wouldn't the Ancients interfere in the lives of their Galaxy overtly?

Comment

Originally posted by reiella
        Here's the thing that doesn't make much sense about that supposition.

Why wouldn't the Ancients interfere in the lives of their Galaxy overtly?
        They wont interfere becuase they believe that only those who can achieve enlightenment(asension) on their own deserve it.

If you cant do it yourself you dont deserve to be there with them.

Comment

Maybe The ancients dont ascend people on mass because they are the ones who dont want to share their power. Orlin Could have lied his face off about the ori and who's going to argue with a descended child whos losing his mind. I personally have serious misgivings about the ancients and firmly believe that something far deeper is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey
            Maybe The ancients dont ascend people on mass because they are the ones who dont want to share their power. Orlin Could have lied his face off about the ori and who's going to argue with a descended child whos losing his mind. I personally have serious misgivings about the ancients and firmly believe that something far deeper is going on.
            It's is good that you have seen the light early, young one.
            * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Its possible that this Ori -vs- Alterans things is similar to the Vorlons -vs- Shadows in Babylon 5.

Both are telling the truth about themselves, but tell lies about the other. Its called propaganda.

Individualism -vs- Collectivism
              Free Will (do whatever you want) -vs- Strict Order (do as we tell you)
              Focus on Meditation -vs- Focus on Proselytization
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

first off, its not that the ancients don't ascend anybody, they just think you should earn it yourself. I mean, look at it from their perspective...there wasn't anyone there helping them along to become ascended beings, they did it all on their own. Why should they help anyone ascend or give out technology to advance races....no one did it for them. They earn/discovered everything for themselves, so why should everyone else be given what they worked for. They spent millions of years evolving and maturing and growing and discovering the universe...why should a civilization of only a few thousand years old be given the advancement that propels them far beyond what they should have? Maybe the ancients aren't selfish, they just think we should get off our lazy butts and do somethin for ourselves. just my opinion about things....although it would be cool to have some of their tech.

Comment

this is just a general reply. Remember what Anubis said when Daniel was trying to ascend for the second time. No lone ascended being may help a lower ascend. A collective vote can get you in. The Ori are the reason fire is feared on Earth, not the ancients. I think it was Avalon part 2 this was explained. Also in an episode this season when we kill a prior he doesn't ascend. His body just lays there. Where's the promised ascension? I don't think the Ancients are bad. Daniel mentions that Kaeb has a relationship to Buddishm and Mother Earth. These are only 2 religions, not the 17 or so the G'oauld use. The priors kill in the name of the Ori. No one kills in the name of the Ancients, that we know of. They could be bad, but by the way the writers set it up it would be hard for me to believe it.

Comment

This what I think will happen

Thw two groups lived on one planet which was a lot like ours in terms of different countries, different religions, differing levels of advancement etc.

The Alterrans are the most advanced race/country on the planet and are very scienced based. basically doing anything in the name of science even if it doesnt need doing(eg ZPMs already exist the planet doesnt need any more power sources but they still carry on with dangerous experiments like on the SGA)
                    Eventually to carry on their experiments, they use the rest of the population as lab rats, and kill 1000s of people.
                    The rest of the population get annoyed and declare war, despite the fact they are more advanced the alterans have no chance so flee.

The remaining population unite under one flag to try and get through the strife caused by the Alterans creating the Ori and sweare they will get their revenge.

1000s of years pass

We find out from the Ori that the repopulation of this galaxy and everything that has happened has all been part of a plan by the Alterans who are playing god. (eg they created the Gouald and helped them take over the galaxy, they created the replicators to stop the Asgard getting involved and clearing out the Gouald. Then they introduced Earth(there natural decendents) into the mix to see if a primitive race could overthrough a powerful empire)

Comment

Originally posted by dmayor09
                      first off, its not that the ancients don't ascend anybody, they just think you should earn it yourself. I mean, look at it from their perspective...there wasn't anyone there helping them along to become ascended beings, they did it all on their own. Why should they help anyone ascend or give out technology to advance races....no one did it for them. They earn/discovered everything for themselves, so why should everyone else be given what they worked for. They spent millions of years evolving and maturing and growing and discovering the universe...why should a civilization of only a few thousand years old be given the advancement that propels them far beyond what they should have? Maybe the ancients aren't selfish, they just think we should get off our lazy butts and do somethin for ourselves. just my opinion about things....although it would be cool to have some of their tech.
                      Well, it's not like all ascended should hold that view. THere should have been more than just Oma ascending people. If something is an unlimited resource like ascension is, it would be easy for groups within the Ancients to repeatedly ascend people. After all, there's no cost to ascension. And since the Ancients weren't at war for a long while, they are likely to splinter. But in my opinion, introducing ascension as an unlimited resource was a lame plot device. Why have their children start from scratch? It makes no sense.

But I hate the concept of ascension and I don't think enough people are critical enough of the implications of having an ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                        Chaya stayed behind to protect her people from the wraith, the people worshipped athar and she basically went along with it, saying she was a high priestess when really she is the ancient.
                        I don't think the ancients are evil, it's more they let us do what we(SG universe) want and let us be. Both Daniel and Orlin were deascended because they helped the "lower plains of existance".But Orlin was able to retain the knowledge for a short time.
                        Actually, the 1st time, Orlinn wasn't descended, he got banished. He was still an Ascended Being. Then he descending of his own free will to be with Sam.

The 2nd time, he also descended of his own free will to help us.

And here's a thing about not ascending people because you don't wanna share power: WHAT POWER?! It's not like they're allowed to meddle with the lower planes or anything. Daniel broke codes merely by communicating with SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                        X