Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wonder of what kind will be O'Neill and Vala interaction in this episode. Claudia said in one of her interviews that she has scenes with RDA in this episode.
    Spoiler:
    As two people who care very deeply for Daniel, I should imagine they'll be drawn together by a common cause.

As a massive fan of J and D friendship, I just hope RDA's presence isn't a wasted opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
      Spoiler:
      As two people who care very deeply for Daniel, I should imagine they'll be drawn together by a common cause.

As a massive fan of J and D friendship, I just hope RDA's presence isn't a wasted opportunity.
      Yup, agree to both points
      Spoiler:
      I just hope we'll get to see some mephasis on how Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell take this, as well. I woudl agree that the strongest dramatic affect is going to come from Jack and Vala, but there are enough ways to milk this from the rest, as well.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Yup, agree to both points
        Spoiler:
        I just hope we'll get to see some mephasis on how Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell take this, as well. I woudl agree that the strongest dramatic affect is going to come from Jack and Vala, but there are enough ways to milk this from the rest, as well.
        Hopefully, that's a given

Comment

Ooh, I do hope so.

Spoiler:
          I can see where you're coming from with the 'left in mid-air' thing, and that would do too. As long as there's plenty of J/D interaction. And please God that they don't use RDA's presence as an excuse to bung a load of S/J 'shippyness' in to the ep. He should be there for Daniel, like Daniel was there for him in Abyss.

I just hope they don't do a 'quick fix'. Maybe they could have his experience coming back to haunt him every so often. MS does dark and troubled so well. **sigh** When I first read the spoiler, I'd hoped that this arc would be spread out over a couple of eps. I mean, I guess it is in a way, but IMHO, I think they've done it the wrong way round. I know they had to work around MS absence from those two eps, but having it explained by him being somewhere else whilst coming to terms with his ordeal was kind of what I was hoping for. Am I making sense?
          I doubt it'd be used for shippyness. The episode shoudl have so much expositino in it, and so much Daniel's-arc-related bits, that I doubt they have time for Jack/Sam ship even if they wanted to - maybe somethign in the hand gesture or a look, but notign more. The short version of Threads is actually an excellent example - they've cut about twice as much of the Sam/Jack/Pete plot than they did with the Daniel/Oma plot, because that was the central plot of the episode.

You are making sense, but in a way, I'm glad they chose to do it that way. Not compeltely - I woudl have loved at least one full episode with him as a Prior, that whatever they do to catch him would take place at the end of the episode, and then devote an etnire episode to de-Priorisation and aftermath. I would have lvoed that. But sicne it's not going to happen, I'm kind of glad they went with things the way they did.
          Spoiler:
          I don't know where this plot reaches in Quest 2. If they give jsut enough hints for what's about to happen in Quest, rather htna have it all flashbacked in Shroud, it coudl turn pretty powerful, both to the ending of Quest and to Lines in the Sand - I'm not sure about Road not Taken, but it can definitely pop up there, as well. The potential Lines in the Sand has in terms of losing Daniel at that critical moment and in those circumstances, when the viewer knows something bad's abotu to happen from the ending of Quest but not xactly what... that can be brilliant - especially as it's the kind of character development and team bondage you can't cut off, because it's an immediate derivation of the plot. It's, for once, an integral part of it - wich is BTW, one of the reasons I love this entire idea. Much lie Daniel's original ascension, you've got a plot here that';s about character development as much as it is about fighting thje bad guys - they're inseprable. I really, really want to see this, adn segmentising it the way they did could work out fntastic,
          As long as they don't undo it all with that reset switch. Which is the second part of the equation. I don't want MS' episodes off to be used to "okay, Daniel's gone and thought it over, now he's back, good as new." I want to see him struggle through that experience, trying to make sense of it and trying to come in terms with it.
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hopefully, that's a given
            oh, if only it were... sigh.
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

oh, if only it were... sigh.
              Well I don't see why it wouldnt.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Well I don't see why it wouldnt.
                Memento Mori spoilers
                Spoiler:
                Well, a good example woudl be the warehouse scene in Memento Mori. It all centred round Daniel's reaction, rather than teh entire team's reaction. I can think of several more instances like that, but that's the first that springs to mind.

I asgree that the strongest affect would be from Jack and Vala - these are the two cahracters that have the strongest need for Daniel to be Daniel, I think. I'm just afraid that while trying to get that across, they'll forget the rest of the characters care for him, too - or, show it, but just a little bit.
                Last edited by Pitry; 25 November 2006, 11:40 AM.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Well, a good example woudl be the warehouse scene in Memento Mori. It all centred round Daniel's reaction, rather than teh entire team's reaction. I can think of several more instances like that, but that's the first that springs to mind.
                  I asgree that the strongest affect would be from Jack and Vala - these are the two cahracters that have the strongest need for Daniel to be Daniel, I think. I'm just afraid that while trying to get that across, they'll forget the rest of the characters care for him, too - or, show it, but just a little bit.
                  ***Closes eyes, sticks fingers and ears and chants LA LA LA very loudly****

Haven't seen Momento Mori over here in the UK yet.

Comment

***Closes eyes, sticks fingers and ears and chants LA LA LA very loudly****

Haven't seen Momento Mori over here in the UK yet.
                    Oy! I'm sorry!

*goes to add spoiler tags*
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oy! I'm sorry!

*goes to add spoiler tags*
                      S'okay, it wasn't too much of a spoiler, I forgive you

Comment

S'okay, it wasn't too much of a spoiler, I forgive you
                        LoL, I don't tho. I hate it when people don't use them bloody tags/ put spoilers in thread titles, so it's pretty thoughtless of me to do the same (er, although lately I've been opening way too many of these tags! Sigh...)
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

LoL, I don't tho. I hate it when people don't use them bloody tags/ put spoilers in thread titles, so it's pretty thoughtless of me to do the same (er, although lately I've been opening way too many of these tags! Sigh...)
                          Ooh, I know, I went and read that damned spoiler thread for 'Unending' and went and saw some pics on some German site for the Quest Part II, and now I'm so angry with myself. Especially for Unending, as I'd vowed I wouldn't.

Comment

Ooh, I know, I went and read that damned spoiler thread for 'Unending' and went and saw some pics on some German site for the Quest Part II, and now I'm so angry with myself. Especially for Unending, as I'd vowed I wouldn't.
                            Ah, those pics from Quest 2 are only from the AOL teaser. they all tell exactly one thing, and not enough to hurt the episode. TBH there are no real Quest spoilers everywhere - whcih I'm very happy with

As for Unending, yup, made the same mistake! For my credit, I only did it after acceidently opening a spoiler tag that wasn't marked as specific for Unending on a differnet thread, so realsied "what the hel, I already know" - which was, in fact, the case.

...Which is the exact same way I got to know of the Shroud. Those spoilers might keep me alive during hiatuses, and yet...

EDIT: the beginning of season 9 was so much eaiser. I qwas so wary after practically runnign into all of Moebius and so suspicious of what's going to happen I managed to stay away
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Ah, those pics from Quest 2 are only from the AOL teaser. they all tell exactly one thing, and not enough to hurt the episode. TBH there are no real Quest spoilers everywhere - whcih I'm very happy with

As for Unending, yup, made the same mistake! For my credit, I only did it after acceidently opening a spoiler tag that wasn't marked as specific for Unending on a differnet thread, so realsied "what the hel, I already know" - which was, in fact, the case.

...Which is the exact same way I got to know of the Shroud. Those spoilers might keep me alive during hiatuses, and yet...

EDIT: the beginning of season 9 was so much eaiser. I qwas so wary after practically runnign into all of Moebius and so suspicious of what's going to happen I managed to stay away
                              Actually, the pic I saw, I really wished I hadn't, I wanted THAT to be a jaw-dropper. still, only have to wait till January 9th

Comment

when i was watching stargate last week something came to me.
                                i just thought, in the episode frozen (season 6) we know that the woman was an anceint who was left behind when atlanist flew away to the pegasus galaxcy.
                                maybe they flew because a plauge that infected everyone?
                                like the one shown in season 1 SGA.
                                i was wondering, we dont really know why the goa'uld were acually bought in, but as shown in "frozen" the woman "healed" the team apart from o'neill but a tokra symbiot healed him, so is it possible that the ancients created symbiots to try and cure them, because they didnt have the power of healing.
                                and then one day a symbiot manage to take control of a ancient (remeber that they didnt know about acenstion at the time)
                                anyone want to confirm that they know what i mean lol?

Comment

Working...
                                X