Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freek View Post
    It would be rather lame if he "left" the series being a bad guy. Comon, Daniel's character doesnt deserve that!
    I don't know about anyone else, but that's certainly not what I'm saying. Based on the spoilers we've already gotten, I think it's pretty much assured that Daniel will be returning to normal, mostly likely at the end of The Shroud. But with that guarantee, now I want them to actually take the full route--if it turns out to be an AU Daniel, or he's working undercover, or he's actually a Prior for the Ancients, or whatever some such explanation, I, personally, would take that as a serious cop-out. I think this arc has the potential to be the most interesting they've taken Daniel in the entire series (which is saying something) and I'm really hoping they go all the way.

So Daniel can return to "normal" at the end, but even if it's just for one episode, I'd really love for it to be that Daniel did go over to the Ori. (I'd also love to see emotional reprecussions in the following episodes, but I'm not holding my breath.)
    Metroids are not pets
    Metroids are not for target practice
    Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek View Post
      I don't know about anyone else, but that's certainly not what I'm saying. Based on the spoilers we've already gotten, I think it's pretty much assured that Daniel will be returning to normal, mostly likely at the end of The Shroud. But with that guarantee, now I want them to actually take the full route--if it turns out to be an AU Daniel, or he's working undercover, or he's actually a Prior for the Ancients, or whatever some such explanation, I, personally, would take that as a serious cop-out. I think this arc has the potential to be the most interesting they've taken Daniel in the entire series (which is saying something) and I'm really hoping they go all the way.

So Daniel can return to "normal" at the end, but even if it's just for one episode, I'd really love for it to be that Daniel did go over to the Ori. (I'd also love to see emotional reprecussions in the following episodes, but I'm not holding my breath.)
      Well I personally think that it will be a serious transformation for Daniel and not a cop out. This will be a great episode.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I guess we all just have to enjoy the rest of this season, and the two SG-1 movies, and see what happens. I know I'll certainly be savoring ever single moment of what is left. "The Shroud" will be no exception.
        As will I. This season still has alot of great episodes and The Shroud will be th icing on the cake. This will be a great episode IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          As will I. This season still has alot of great episodes and The Shroud will be th icing on the cake. This will be a great episode IMO.
          I totally agree. Season 10 has been strong already, and I really think the best still lies ahead. I soooo can't wait for March already.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*crossing fingers that The Shroud will be up on iTunes shortly after it airs*
            What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
            I made a big decision a little while ago.
            I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
            That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
            Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
            Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
            Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
            Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
            And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

I totally agree. Season 10 has been strong already, and I really think the best still lies ahead. I soooo can't wait for March already.
              March bah Scifi! Oh wait I have doc browns phone number! See you in March!

Comment

Well, I dont think the Ori are going to ignore that Daniel has ascended, as proven when he was abducted by (Repli)Carter he still has the knowledge of the ancients.

Comment

I agree. Daniel could be on Atlantis and discover something earth shattering, Rodeney fumbles it up Daniel tries to fix it and then they realize they need Carter. I'd love some other members of SG-1 to guest star from time to time.
                  I have an idea. Not sure if it has been said or not. But what if something happens to Weir and they need a replacement. Maybe, just maybe, Daniel would be put in charge of Atlantis. It's just crazy enough it might work! LOL. that would be sweet, IMO. but I doubt that would happen. Fun to think about it though.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                    I have an idea. Not sure if it has been said or not. But what if something happens to Weir and they need a replacement. Maybe, just maybe, Daniel would be put in charge of Atlantis. It's just crazy enough it might work! LOL. that would be sweet, IMO. but I doubt that would happen. Fun to think about it though.
                    Actually, I like Weir. I love Daniel, don't get me wrong. But I just wouldn't want them to replace her character in such a way.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

im not sure if this has already been mentioned but i aint looking through 35 pages of threads. Some people are thinking far to much all you have to do is look at the episode name what does it suggest to you. I looked on the dictionary and heres what i got.
                      shroud
                      noun
                      1 a layer of something which covers or surrounds something
                      2 a situation which prevents something from being known or understood:
                      shroud
                      verb
                      1to hide something by covering or surrounding it
                      Last edited by Mckays Cat; 17 October 2006, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Actually, I like Weir. I love Daniel, don't get me wrong. But I just wouldn't want them to replace her character in such a way.
                        Agreed. I love both Weir and Daniel and while i wouldnt mind "a" SG-1 character on Atlantis I don't want an established SGA character written off to allow one to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckays Cat View Post
                          im not sure if this has already been mentioned but i aint looking through 35 pages of threads. Some people are thinking far to much all you have to do is look at the episode name what does it suggest to you. I looked on the dictionary and heres what i got.
                          shroud
                          noun
                          1 a layer of something which covers or surrounds something
                          2 a situation which prevents something from being known or understood:
                          shroud
                          verb
                          1to hide something by covering or surrounding it
                          I think the second definition is more likely and there is nothing wrong with us having an active imagination.

Comment

I think the second definition is more likely and there is nothing wrong with us having an active imagination.
                            Nothing at all wrong with that. That's half the fun of this, isn't it? Afterall, we have to wait a long time before actually seeing this episode anyways. I think it's great to throw different theories out into the open.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nothing at all wrong with that. That's half the fun of this, isn't it? Afterall, we have to wait a long time before actually seeing this episode anyways. I think it's great to throw different theories out into the open.
                              Indeed. What fun would it be to just sit here impatiently waiting for March and not throw ideas out into the open? It would be a much longer wait!

Comment

Indeed. What fun would it be to just sit here impatiently waiting for March and not throw ideas out into the open? It would be a much longer wait!
                                Indeed! A very long, and very boring wait.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X