Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I am wondering about is the word "controversial". Is is controversial for Daniel's character, or controversial in the sense that it may not bode well with some fans? Anywho...
    I keep thinking of Shifu, and Daniel may try to get him to help out. If Shifu has all the knowledge of the Goauld (sp, sorry) wouldn't he know something that could help, since the Goauld have stolen most of thier tech from the Ancients?
    Or....Daniel has to choose between killing Vala's child or letting the Ori use her to reek havoc? She is basically to the Ori what Shifu was to the Goauld. Or he could try to get all the Ori intel from her, ie torture etc...
    There are so many ways this could go...just hope it ends well.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
    http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
      ...just hope it ends well.
      I think that all of us Daniel fans would totally agree with that one.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope he dies.
        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
          I hope he dies.
          No offense, but are you nuts??? I don't think so.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Im not exactly up to date with where it says that DJ will be gone for 4 episodes, but for those who say he can't die cos its only 4 eps - what if its the last 4 in the series?

As for the controversial arc, he'll most probably wipe out a planet or two, whether he's ascended or whether he's got some superweapon.

Alternatively, he could manage to not get drunk on one beer....
            Or invite everyone fishing....

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
              I hope he dies.

That and Jack and Sam getting together would be a nice end to SG-1.

But then again, Daniel always wanted to go to Alantis.... Oh, well you can't always get what you want....
              There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

I've refrained from posting here as the thread seemed to have turned quite silly, but, at last, more serious theories! I personally don't have any specific ideas on what this controversy could be, but I'd love to see more ideas and perhaps discuss how/why it is/is not feasible.

As to people who wants Daniel to die.. I don't know what to say to that!

Comment

It’s probably To activate the Merlin weapons to see if it works the in the MW which would kill the Ancients in the process or try to get it to the Orion Galaxy some how and risk the Ori getting the weapon.
                  LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                  "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Well, as we seemed to have gone crazy with a "ZOMG IS NEUTRALIZING THE ORII INFLUENCE IN THE HUMAN PLAIN OF EXISTENCE LIKE GENOCIDE?!?!?!!11one", maybe that's the controversy... that, like the jaffa, if the priors were stripped of their gods, they'd die quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
                      It’s probably To activate the Merlin weapons to see if it works the in the MW which would kill the Ancients in the process or try to get it to the Orion Galaxy some how and risk the Ori getting the weapon.
                      I really like this theory, because it would put Daniel in one of those very serious no-win situations with the type of moral quandry that MS portrays so well. There's been lots of spec on how one could activate a weapon that messes with ascended beings without harming our ancients. If it turns out that the only way to defeat the Ori is to also eliminate our own good ancients, it would put Daniel in the position of determining whether all his friends from Abydos as well as Oma would continue to exist.

Even if the weapon only wiped out the Ori, Daniel would also be very conflicted about that. He always wants to reason with the enemy and change their mind, not wipe them out. I think his controversial arc may very well have something to do with the use of Merlin's weapon.

Comment

I think it'll end with both the Orii and the Ancients dying.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by AYKP_Colds
                          Im not exactly up to date with where it says that DJ will be gone for 4 episodes, but for those who say he can't die cos its only 4 eps - what if its the last 4 in the series?

As for the controversial arc, he'll most probably wipe out a planet or two, whether he's ascended or whether he's got some superweapon.

Alternatively, he could manage to not get drunk on one beer....
                          Or invite everyone fishing....
                          Michael Shanks took 2 weeks off (or slightly more, I don't know how long filming of one episode lasts) during filming episodes 4 and 5, because at the end of March Lexa Doig (Michael's wife) gave birth to their second baby. He's also going to miss another 2 episodes in the summer, they're probably going to be second half of the season episodes, but definitely not the last two, as the filming of the season is going to end in October.

I wonder whether this controversial arc has something to do with
                          Spoiler:
                          Vala's daughter Adria

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                            I really like this theory, because it would put Daniel in one of those very serious no-win situations with the type of moral quandry that MS portrays so well. There's been lots of spec on how one could activate a weapon that messes with ascended beings without harming our ancients. If it turns out that the only way to defeat the Ori is to also eliminate our own good ancients, it would put Daniel in the position of determining whether all his friends from Abydos as well as Oma would continue to exist.

Even if the weapon only wiped out the Ori, Daniel would also be very conflicted about that. He always wants to reason with the enemy and change their mind, not wipe them out. I think his controversial arc may very well have something to do with the use of Merlin's weapon.
                            We will have to wait and see, But that made sense to me after the Asgard said in the last episode of 9 ,how he stated, that we activate the weapon and send it thru the Supergate before the Ori activate the gate.
                            Made me think....
                            They would have killed all the Ascended in the MW , before they sent it thru the gate.
                            LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                            "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              I think it'll end with both the Orii and the Ancients dying.
                              Except that no one's dying. Only their connection to this plain is neutralized. For the Ancients, they could care less.

Although.. if we follow the previously suggested lines of thought...

iF Daniel did turn on the device here... and the ancients were nullified, there would be nothing stopping the Ori from coming into the MW and Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                No offense, but are you nuts??? I don't think so.
                                Its cause I blame his return to the subparness of recent Stargates. S6 had Jonas and we were all finally getting used to him and it seemed like they had some ideas about this advanced human thing going on. Then DJ/MS comes back and S7 is when the show just didnt feel right anymore. Ya know? I dunno, for me the show just changed after he came back in S7 and I didnt like this change.

For my Jack and Sam are over. He has left the show. I dunno why the writers ditched Sam and thats his face. Its just kinda pointless now anyways. Meh.
                                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                                X