Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda will be in the 'majority' of season 10 SG1. She will guest star is most likely 2 - 3 Atlantis episodes. It is doubtful it will be too much more then that.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
      My guess is, he is still dedicated to the show, but equally as dedicated to his family. I do not see this as a 'phasing' out - I do not see this as him snubbing the show or any number of things that have now, or will be suggested.

he wants to spend time with his family. I am interested to see how this will work out.
      my only concern is if ms 'chose' this for himself, or was it scfic/sony...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        my only concern is if ms 'chose' this for himself, or was it scfic/sony...

sally
        What the?!? Of course he choose it, his wife is having another kid, he wants to be home. It makes sense. What's with the rampit conspiracy theories?
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

actually, the last i can recall, AT said that she would not be in all 20 eps, but she didn't know exactly how many. it could be 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19, just not 20.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i agree. he's spending time with the family and good for him.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it would be hard for the writers to write the first 7 or 8 episodes without a doctor

Comment

not hard at all. janet was barely in s7 due to teryl's lack of availablity

they hire someone else to play doctor, only shoot her from the back or in such a way to disguise baby

it's not that hard and something tv shows have been doing iwth female actors for years

sigpic

Comment

What the?!? Of course he choose it, his wife is having another kid, he wants to be home. It makes sense. What's with the rampit conspiracy theories?
                  no conspiracy theories.

i'm just thinking about when he was in contract negotiations, and that he made the comment about scifi/sony not thinking the show's success hinged on any of the characters (paraphrasing).... it kind of made me think that scifi/sony wasn't making him feel that wanted. and i feel they've made amanda feel that way too.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Just a wild guess, but I think Season 10 will be the last for SG1.....methinks the "old stars" have grown weary of the show, the recent poor writing, the loss of many regulars (Gen. Hammond, Janet Frasier, etc) and now wish to go one and try diffferent things.

If that is the case, my best wishes for success goes to all of them. This season has not be exactly "stellar".
                    Sorry to disagree with you... I've loved the season 9 writing, and think the budding war against the Ori has been great.

Comment

no conspiracy theories.

i'm just thinking about when he was in contract negotiations, and that he made the comment about scifi/sony not thinking the show's success hinged on any of the characters (paraphrasing).... it kind of made me think that scifi/sony wasn't making him feel that wanted. and i feel they've made amanda feel that way too.

sally
                      Well, stop thinking it that way. It'll just get you depressed.

I'm glad everyone is taking this so well, I would've thought most would be raving about how TPTB is kicking out the old characters or some other BS.

Comment

Speaking for myself as a fan of Daniel and MS I am so happy for the Shanks family and looking forward very much to congratulate MS in Vancouver on the latest angel and addition to his family.

As for cutting down his appearance from 16-20, the man wants to be with his angels and I say good for him.

In fact I can't wait to say congratulations to the proud papa.

Comment

no conspiracy theories.

sally
                          That just means the show isn't dependant on an individual character. No one character on the show is a bigger draw card or more important then the others; thus meaning in negotiations they aren't paying any actor more then another to keep them on. It is a good way to keep budgets down. This doesn't mean that the actors aren't getting fair deals, just that they can't be asking for outrageous things and threatening to walk. I am not saying that has happened, but the actor threatening to walk unless they get what they want is a typical negotiation technique aswell.

Honestly, when contracts are up and being re-signed and small tidbits of info make it out into cyberspace, things get a little confusing and overanalysed. I am not saying that it always wrong, just that a comment like that doesn't mean he feels unwanted, or AT felt unwanted because of what happened. It just meant that they were all playing hardball.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Wonder if MS is gonna pull an RDA and gradually slide out of the series entirely.

More power to him for spending time with the family. I'm just ruminating...
                            That could also be a possibility. The bad side would be MS leaving the show. The good side would mean that in order to gradually slide out from the show entirely he would need a few seasons (at least 3).
                            Clever observation.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow
                              Speaking for myself as a fan of Daniel and MS I am so happy for the Shanks family and looking forward very much to congratulate MS in Vancouver on the latest angel and addition to his family.

As for cutting down his appearance from 16-20, the man wants to be with his angels and I say good for him.

In fact I can't wait to say congratulations to the proud papa.

Amen to that

Comment

That just means the show isn't dependant on an individual character. No one character on the show is a bigger draw card or more important then the others; thus meaning in negotiations they aren't paying any actor more then another to keep them on.
                                i don't quite personally feel that scifi feels that way about ALL of them, just most, but that's my personal feelings.

I do think that one way to interpret MS remarks could be that 'it's this or i walk' simply means that the response from scifi will be 'see ya'

sony/scifi/mgm are in charge and, evidentally, wish to maintain a dominant position in negotiations and if any actor pushes the boundaries of what they feel is reasonable, they don't mind cutting the apron strings and letting him/her go

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X