Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are other planets, from which to take a stargate and D.H.D. Plenty of uninhabited ones too. Also, my theory is that any gates that are within 1 lightyear of each other will have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
      there are other planets, from which to take a stargate and D.H.D. Plenty of uninhabited ones too. Also, my theory is that any gates that are within 1 lightyear of each other will have the same problem.
      It shouldn't be. The Aschen were in one solar system and all of the stargates functioned fine.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I just watched 2001 on DVD and the Aschen are not in one solar system. Carter theorized that without a DHD a gate could only go 300 lightyears. On the star map they showed five worlds that were within 300 lightyears of the planet SG-1 was on. The aschen spanned quite a few lightyears.

Comment

I just watched 2001 on DVD and the Aschen are not in one solar system. Carter theorized that without a DHD a gate could only go 300 lightyears. On the star map they showed five worlds that were within 300 lightyears of the planet SG-1 was on. The aschen spanned quite a few lightyears.
          Ok. Nvm then. Scrap my last statement.
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
            that's racism

anyway myst what do ya mean it LOOKS russian? there's a pic

the only plans the russians have is x303 so maybe it'll be a prommie?

anyway like always the russians get screwed (ship gets destroyed) yet american vessels are unharmed. that's just..............well mean cold war's over people they're cool now
            Really...the Cold War is over....hmm, that would be so, if Vlad Putin wasn't pandering to Iran and Syria. As for the ship, more than likely it's a X303.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
              I'm there sure are a lot of Politian’s that are corrupt but they're nowhere near as corrupt as the rest of their counter parts throughout the world as a whole. The facts are that the U.S. has a lot of "checks and balances" (rules and regulations) set into place that most countries don't. In a lot of places around the world a substantial amount of political figures participate in activities that would be very illegal in the U.S. Hell if one of the U.S. politicians did some of the things I’ve heard and seen in other political systems there’d be some big media frenzy, and that person would probably go to jail for a very long time you think political contributions are wrong how about blatant bribery that’s offer to many of the U.S. congress counterparts around the world. As for the comment you made earlier about U.S. congressmen for sale well that’s just a part of our capitalist political system at its best. I mean where would Bill Clinton or President Bush be without political contributions. They might not have made it to the White house, because political contributions help finance campaigns and without them who knows who might have ended up in the U.S. political offices. I’m certainly not say that all is peachy in the U.S. political system because some big execs. probably have gotten with a slap on the wrist by calling in their political markers, but not from what I’ve been seeing lately. Haven't you heard of Enron, the Martha Stewart Stock trading scandal, the republican Senator (can’t think of his name right now) who had to resign last year because congress and /or the senate was ready to launch a full investigation on some of the political contribution that were made to his campaign and those are just the ones that come to mind as I'm typing this. I mean in a lot of countries political figures expect to be bribed and they also participate in activities that would be perceived as illegal are very unethical in the U.S. so I just don’t see how the U.S. is the worst.
              Tom Delay, and he wasn't a Senator, he is a congressman. He resigned from his role as Majority Leader of the House.

Comment

Obviously, other nations are going to be an issue on the show if a plausible reality is to be maintained. There are several solutions they could implement to explain things and even further the story. Also I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but after awhile I think people would notice the hangars these ships are in. The U.S., Canada, China, and Russia are big landmasses that could hide such things. Britain and France however are very heavily populated and it would be hard to hide a hanger to house the BC-303.
                I think that a number of drydocks could be set up for fleet development easily. The question is, where exactly in the U.S., Canada, China, and Russia could they be placed. As far as I know, we have at least 2 drydock facilities, one in the U.S., and another in Russia for the presumably unfinished Korelev.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                  I think that a number of drydocks could be set up for fleet development easily. The question is, where exactly in the U.S., Canada, China, and Russia could they be placed. As far as I know, we have at least 2 drydock facilities, one in the U.S., and another in Russia for the presumably unfinished Korelev.
                  I don't see why the hell they don't go ahead and tell. I mean there's already been an alien virus gone around, several attacks on Earth, troops dying for no apparent reason whatsoever...and the Stargate project has been leaked to the point that one more fact and it most likely would be blown open anyways.

Contractors could begin building their own ships, technology production would be faster, economic development would be better, and a solution to saving the atmosphere would have been found. And think about all them enviromentalists who'd wet themselves from drool at the knowledge that the ships are run entirely on a different source of fuel!

Then we could use our current naval drydocks for something better (like building more Daedulus class ships).

Comment

I vote terraform mars and set up an international Stargate Command there, surely they can get the tech to do that quickly by now...

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                      I don't see why the hell they don't go ahead and tell. I mean there's already been an alien virus gone around, several attacks on Earth, troops dying for no apparent reason whatsoever...and the Stargate project has been leaked to the point that one more fact and it most likely would be blown open anyways.

Contractors could begin building their own ships, technology production would be faster, economic development would be better, and a solution to saving the atmosphere would have been found. And think about all them enviromentalists who'd wet themselves from drool at the knowledge that the ships are run entirely on a different source of fuel!

Then we could use our current naval drydocks for something better (like building more Daedulus class ships).
                      yes and have terrorist groups build them and BOOM, bye bye Earth. Not to mention there's still the Trust and Ba'al on Earth.

Comment

There should be an international crew on a ship. I mean, the fight over Antarctica would have given a whole lot away to many nations, including Australia who have claimed much of the territory.

Or the ship might have a name like Sheppard gave to the ship they found and not have been built by humans at all.
                        My favs:

Comment

I don't think that i would trust the Russians or the Chinese with there own space worthy ships. They might decide to use then against other countries. There two countries are not as stable as people might like to think. They would not have Earth's best interest in hand when it came down to a threat. The U.S. has only used there ships in the protection of Earth and will always do so.

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom
                            I don't think that i would trust the Russians or the Chinese with there own space worthy ships. They might decide to use then against other countries.
                            Have you ever heard about "nuclear dissuasion" ? Try to replace "nuclear" by "spaceship".

Originally posted by gateroom
                            There two countries are not as stable as people might like to think. They would not have Earth's best interest in hand when it came down to a threat. The U.S. has only used there ships in the protection of Earth and will always do so.
                            Yes, the US are the good people and everyone else is bad... The only thing that is dangerous is that only one country has ships. The others would be incapable to defend themselves if for one reason or another, the US attack them. And don't say "The Americans are nice people that will never attack anyone", it is just a precausion that every good governement must take to protect its people.
                            Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

The balance of power has shifted dramatically to the US if they're the only ones with the ships, in the real world, the world has been alot safer from 'world' wars since most large nations got Nukes... the nuclear deterrent word would the same way with ships I would expect, then again once cities have shields like ships... hmmmm, I might have to think this through...

Comment

Of course the US would use its ships if war broke out. any nation would. they give them a significant tactical advantage. i think the Russia, Britain, china and the rest of nations will build their own ships and just for defense. they will want to explore space just like we would. its part of the human condition.

Korelev may not look anything like the Prometheus or daedulus. they may want to build something differnt and maybe even have some cool tech like energy weapons the boy at Area 51 were never able to crack.
                                Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Working...
                                X