Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The topic of this thread is for speculation about the plot of Quest....not for folks to bring political issues up.

Keep your posts on topic and take the political stuff elsewhere
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      The topic of this thread is for speculation about the plot of Quest....not for folks to bring political issues up.

Keep your posts on topic and take the political stuff elsewhere
      I couldn't agree more, Skydiver.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow I just read through this entire thread {mod snip}
        *************COULD BE SPOILERS SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK********

Spoiler:

Most likely Excalibur will be a ship given to Arthur by the lady of the lake (an ancient/alterran) (Possibly controlled or summoned by the sword version)

However there are several problems with claims that it had been used to fight the Ori
        The need to fight the Ori in the MW has never existed before, thus why in Origin the Ori said to Daniel Jackson that the Alterrans had shielded them the Ori never knew about the Tauri's existence

Merlin in all likely hood knew that one day the Ori (or ascended beings of some kind) would come to this Galaxy and pose a threat to Humanity. As seen by his research discussed in episodes towards the end of Season 9. It stands to reason that he created a device to battle that threat or at least neutralize it.

It also stands to reason that Arthur is under some kind of time dilation effects and truly is still an unascended mortal very far along the evolutionary path. While this is unlikely it is entirely possible.

My ultimate Theory: Arthur will never been seen however he will be referenced in passing when items of relevance come to hand. The Holy Grail is what is needed to defend the MW from the direct powers of the Ori. Excalibur is a ship that was given to Arthur but never ever used only given with the potential that if any great threat (example: the Ori's followers, however it would not have been used against RA because the Gouald had not been on earth for some time and totally predate the Legend of King Arthur) ever came to this galaxy that he would have a method of defending it his ability to command it (because at that time in human history will all due respect to other cultures the British were the most organized at the time and it would have made sense for Merlin who descended to help humanity and leave him (Arthur King of the Britain’s) with this legacy) is dictated by his legacy the ability to control it when no one else could (Ancient Gene) also reference with the legend pulling of Excalibur from the stone as proof of his royal bloodline (rightful use/ ancient gene). It is probably someplace abstract on earth (not near the Ancient Weapon) and here is the most important part of the LEGEND OF EXCALIBUR in one of the two variations it was given by the lady of the lake (Lake-Water-Alterrans-Good vs. Fire-Ori-Evil) and at the end of the legend in his Death Arthur had the Sword returned to the Lake, which I believe is it where remains. In other words the ship is somewhere in water. And will probably be risen by some means of summoning device worn by Arthur and taken with him to his grave. The sword?

Here is a brief summary
        Merlin came back to earth from Atlantis with others some spread out and helped to start cultures but Merlin Ascended
        The Ascended Ancients Watched Humanity Free itself from Ra
        For Some reason Merlin saw a threat building (potentially that the Ori as a civilization had ascended and seeded their galaxy with followers, and foresaw that they could potentially one day come to earth)
        He took Human form and confronted Arthur (who potentially had the ancient gene) informed him of all and took him under his wing leading him down the path to enlightenment and a more evolved human.
        Merlin begins his research on anti-ori weapons and seals his research.
        Arthur is entrusted with Excalibur, which was to defend the kingdom in a time of great need.
        Excalibur the sword representation was most likely a summing tool for the real Excalibur being a ship, which marks the Ancients final act in this Galaxy the last true defense left for humans, which is why they remain uninvolved (and that whole petty affairs of mortals thing), because they know the means are there to defeat the Ori the Tauri just have to find them.
        Excalibur the sword is returned to either a.) Stone or b.) A lake, as to be given back to the lady of the lake, and will be found in some sort of represensation
        The Quest is ultimately to find both the sword and the ship or the anti-ori device
        The Knights of the Roundtable, those who follow Arthur, maybe it wasn’t literally were lead by Arthur but those who follow in his path...True intentions and heart can only use Excalibur, Knights of the Roundtable, the Round Circle, The Stargate.

Please read this and let me know what your think I will re-read it and edit it most likely soon It is really just a grouping of my ideas. But then again I could be totally off.

Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 March 2006, 08:24 AM. Reason: general attack that violates respect for other posters

Comment

I realy like this idea^^^. it makes alot of sence. Alot o people say there is no way we will get a new ship or powerful weapon because TPTB dont do things like that.
          Spoiler:
          The guy in the village in crusade said that there were 3 places where Arthur could have gone.
          my guess is that SG1 will find one of the items (grail, excaliber, ship) at each location. If this happens it will be likely that they cannot be used without each other and we will only posses all of them at noxt seasons final episode.

The other thing that could happen is we just find the grial and send it to the ori galexy which will get rid of the ori and leave us with Adria. if this happens i guess that excaliber will help us fight the ori ships in our galexy whatever it may be: ship, weapon, powersource or icecream maker. whatever it is SG1 will find out a way to fight ori ships with it.

Comment

I think this episode we'll see the return of Arthur from his quest for the sangraal, as Meurik mentioned in Camelot. Also i don't think Excalibur will be an ancient war ship, because TPTB usually follow the mythology closely and in all Arthurian mythology known to me, excalibur has always been depicted as a sword.

Though it would be cool to see another ancient war ship and if we do hopefully its design is better than that of the Orion.

Comment

In response to the above post ^^^
              Spoiler:
              As we have seen through out The Stargate Saga items even as simple as a stone are not always what they appear to be just because in Arthurian mythology Excalibur is depicted as a sword does not mean it does not have a higher purpose, say to command or summon a counter part in name unto itself: say a sword commands or summons a ship the sword Excalibur would still be noted in mythology because as far as mythology is concerned its purpose was its representation a sword meant to defend the kingdom in the hands of Arthur as Excalibur, just as Excalibur the ship could do for the kingdom of the Alterrans in the hands of someone with the Ancient gene(Milky Way). Britian during the time of Arthur was the center point of Earth the crown jewel it could be said (for the sake of arguement go with me here) just as Earth was the Crown Jewel and center piece of the Alterrans when they controlled the milky way (Their Kingdom). Britian would be the representation on a global scale rather than galactic. Excalibur the Sword defends the Kingdom because that is all they know it as in mythology (a sword) while Excalibur the Ship defends the true Kingdom the milky way galaxy

Please any comments

Comment

Hey peeps, it could be sumthin to do with the new enemy that the producers are talking about??
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                X