Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would fit the storyline well to bring Jonas back, even if only in brief cameos. I mean, his advanced physiology is a perfect start for a plot arc revolving around priors and ascension, leading to the defeat of the Ori. Frankly, I'd rather see Jonas in one minute of one episode than have Vala as a full time character....

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

The writers damn well better not forget about him. Langara is right in the path of Ori war machine just as much as any other planet in the galaxy.

Comment

earth owes him. if it wasn't for jonas they wouldn't have naquadria

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
          What are you referring to?
          Brad Wright going hands off at the beginning of Season 7.

Just speculating, because nothing was openly said. It just seems a bit odd to me letting go in what could have been the last season when SGA was not definate thing. But :shrug:

And this quote from CN on leaving:
          Gilles Nuytens: But your time was great there!
          Corin Nemec: I had a great time, yeah, absolutely. It's political in a lot of ways. But at the end of the day everybody wants to keep their own jobs. So, no one really cares, which is fine, but the reality is much harsher than the idea of reality.
          Full interview.

Joe M did mention a special guest for the 200th episode. So maybe our alien friend returns...
          After all, it must be time to revisit Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
            koodos! They should've put Jonas and/or/instead of Martouf. I personally would've loved seeing Jonas again much more than Martouf, but, eh, well, I'm getting used to being disappointed on that level

If Jonas were brought to the show, I feel he could have a lot to contribute. Of course, it depends on what light they're writing him in, and I'm gonna be negative on that account too
            What was the point of having Martouf there anyway? What did he contribute except for "Oh, god, nooooo!" ship?

You've hit the reason why I'm in two minds about having him return. I love the character, but how much is he going to have to change to fit Stargate now?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
              Brad Wright going hands off at the beginning of Season 7.

Just speculating, because nothing was openly said. It just seems a bit odd to me letting go in what could have been the last season when SGA was not definate thing. But :shrug:

And this quote from CN on leaving:
              Full interview.

Joe M did mention a special guest for the 200th episode. So maybe our alien friend returns...
              After all, it must be time to revisit Martin.
              Thanks for the link. I realize it's speculation, but it sounds plausible. I always assumed MS came back so TBTB gave Corin the boot.

Comment

To bad really, I doubt having Jonas around would have cluttered the show...especially if he was a recurring character...Ah well, I guess there's no point in concentrating on what could have been. Best to transfer that energy to hope for the future...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Jonas would have been a great recurring character. But would Corin have found that difficult to manage, after all he wouldn't want to be in a position where he had to turn other work down?

I won ten minutes of complete honesty from Peter DeLuise at the German City Con last year. I am not allowed to write what we talked about, naturally. But I can say that after talking to him, I don't believe there was any issues between Corin and TPTB, or between Corin and Michael. Which was a relief really. Although it is still puzzling as to why they haven't brought him back at all, it does leave hope that they will in the future. Maybe having Jonas in the 200th episode isn't so far fetched after all?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Da'goth
                    Bring back Jonas in season 10! At least in the 200th episode!
                    goes to gatecon and robert coopers ask who would like to see jonas

you hear some kid yelling from the back row me me me me me me
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      and the gate would had exploded in the gate room in season 7

Comment

Originally posted by Da'goth
                        Bring back Jonas in season 10! At least in the 200th episode!
                        also there could a ori story on his planet thats always the good way to bring back old characters and revisit old stories

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          Or an earth for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            Jonas would have been a great recurring character. But would Corin have found that difficult to manage, after all he wouldn't want to be in a position where he had to turn other work down?
                            That's a good point.
                            I couldn't see Corin wanting to remain a recurring character after his contract finishes - RDA isn't the only one with family based in the US - working in up in Vancouver when you aren't a lead would probably cause him problems when he finally returns to LA. Although if he had remained for the majority of the episodes (recurring like Teryl) I expect he would definately be heading up SGA now.

Still, I don't understand why they didn't make more use of his contracted availability for season 7.

It would be good to see him in the 200th episode. I wonder if Corin's busy in March/April.

Comment

How set in stone is the 200th episode? Maybe there's still a chance if we all started writing letters now?
                              sigpic

Comment

I always liked Jonas’ character; I thought he presented a fresh and interesting dynamic within the team that was something different. It was a shame to loose him.

I think after three seasons the character could do with a revisit. If that is, the story is right.

I mean they missed an opportunity to have him reappear in some fashion in ‘Ripple Effect’ but I guess having Fraser and Martouf were enough.
                                Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X