This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain_kirk999
    I mean this as no offence to the writers of either Stargate show, but a new face and fresh ideas could really make Stargate even better. Manny Coto was brought in for the last season of Enterprise and wrote some amazing stories, it's just a shame it was too late to convince Paramount. He made the franchise worth watching again, so imagine what he could do for Stargate.

The writing for the show is already great, but if Manny Coto could write some episodes then it would be unmissable sci-fi
    Hmm, although I wholeheartedly agree they need new writing blood (thank god for Carl Binder on SGA - hope he writes more than the others do), I can't say I'd like to see anybody from Trek on the show. HEck, the writers are already ripping off old Trek plots....

Which ENTERPRISES did he write? Hopefully not the Xinto season, which actually made me quit watching the show.

Comment

Coto was in charge of the final season [post-Xindi saga]. Only good parts were the first three episodes (Storm Front I & II and Home) and the final three (the Terra Prime two parter, These Are The Voyages) and possibly the Arik Soong story. He turned the show into a TOS tribute, leaving us with just 3 episodes that werent part of his pathetic vision for Trek (apparently to have every episode be a tribute to the original series..)
      How anyone can worship Coto is beyond me, he single handedly brought down a 40 year franchise.

Comment

Storm front parts 1 and 2 (which are just wrapping up B&B crap) are seen as one of the worst eps, as well as These Are The Voyages (another B&B crap). TATV is even considered not canon by many fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1_david
          Star Trek. Successful for nearly 40 years. New idiot producer brought in. Show dies.
          Stargate. Successful for over 10 years. Let's not, eh?

if Star Trek is Manny Coto's expertise i'd hate to see what he's bad at
          Oh, come on!

Seriously, Enterprise was doing horribly already when he came in, they decided to give it another year and then extend if it did amazingly well. Despite some really good stuff, the audience just didn't come back, many of them not willing to give it another chance after three years of inconsistent characterization, ridiculous stunts (Temporal Cold War(!), nazi aliens were revealed at the end of S.3), no development of so-called main characters (Hoshi, Travis, and to a great extent Reed), and in general lackluster episodes.

New producer comes in, produces what are considered by fans some of the best episodes of the series, and tries to clean up the mess that B&B have made of the series. Doesn't do enough to draw fans to a third-rate wrestling-reliant network that doesn't really care about promoting it.

Show still gets canceled. Not Manny Coto's fault. It's not like anyone here is saying "Bring in Brannon Braga and pay him tens of millions."

Comment

Working...
          X