This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
    umm the alterrans are the ancients. oma isn't ori. they prolly wanna kill alterrans for the MW.
    Ancients does not equal Alterans (spelled with one "r"), because in "Threads" Oma said that the Ancients are made up many races.

Comment

i see no proof of that. the ancients are the alterrans. anyone now ascended is not an ancient after ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by grimleaper
        Think of this!!!

History is always writen by the victor! true! in OUR stargate universe the Ancients can control our destiny (as "lower" beings) if they want to! for example: ori = fire = bad/hell/etc. Daniel Jackson commented on this aswell!

One thing stargate has put across is that the Ancients do not interfere i life of lower beings!

ONE QUESTION! ANCIENTS know of the Ori's plan (as from s09e11), no matter how advanced someone is, they would not let someone beat them using "lower" beings! That would be like the Western world letting "ants" (for example) destroy the because bin laden trained them so??? Hmmmm???
        Very good observation. History is writen by conquerers and the losers are forced to learn it. No matter how democratic a state may be inside its borders, outside its borders may be like Ceazar.
        Sometimes the past is more impredictible than the future. As for the loosers: VAE VICTIS!

Originally posted by cafine_us
        While I think making the Ancients evil would be a bit of a stretch, it would certainly be interesting to see a bit of darker back story for them, like a horrible mistake that they tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to remedy, with consequences still existing today.
        A bit of a strech no, it will be like real world, more like a chain of horrible mistakes but not viewed as ones.
        Targetting civilians (unarmed civilians) during the Second World War was not an issue on both sides. (London, Awschwitz, Dresda, Odessa, Bucharest, Hiroshima, Nagasaki - a few examples).
        School is overrated.

Comment

While I don't think the Ancients could turn out to be 'evil' - if they did, the show wouldn't get renewed again, most likely - can you imagine the fans? - but maybe they haven't always been very very good. They are very powerful, yes, but being powerful implies neither great evil nor great goodness. It would be interesting if the writers were to explore the question (go'auld aside) if there is any race that is either pure evil or pure goodness. It all depends on which side you started out on, I think - for the most part. For example, while, say, the members of the SGC would be easy to persuade that all the Ori were evil, normal, unascended people who were born in a galaxy of the Ori would probably believe with all their hearts that Ancients were a sort of abomination. One race is not necessarily all good or all evil; there are people who choose to serve good more than bad - such as Gerak, in the end - and there are people who choose to serve bad more than good - like the prior that caused the plague. Oma and Orlin - they are Ancients who try to do good; but remember all the 'people' in the diner in Threads? Were they being good because they refused to break the rules, or was refusing to break the rules to help humanity bad? Some society might say that to sacrifice the life of a loved one to save a nation was the epitome of perfection - but another society might say it was the worst sort of evil there could be. How are we to judge what is 'good' and what is 'bad'? As imperfect beings, humans can judge what is more powerful, and do what they believe, by the rules of their moral code, standard, credo, to be good - and thus, perhaps, they are good. But to judge one moral code against another and say 'this one is the 'good' one becuase I agree with it; that is 'bad' because its tenets go against everything I have been taught is right' - that would be a presumption we should know we are incapable of making.
          Oh dear. Sorry - didn't mean to go on a diatribe, but there it is. Well, in effect, I think that the Ori are villains; but don't be surprised if the Ancients turn out to be slightly less perfect than we used to think them.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

the nox are purely good they will not harm another living being or help another harm someone they will not fight even to protect themselves and they will heal a person no matter what he or she may have done
            War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Working...
            X