Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About worshiping the Ancients in Pegasus: In "Thor's Hammer" (i hope the spelling is correct) people worshipped Thor. Also, we see that almost all the planets (and see Gerak for that matter, too), seeing the Ori power and believing thier promises (of ascension), agree to worship them, and see them as Gods... So i think is quite normal for primitive populations to consider evolved races as Gods (or "closest thing to a God")

But from that, we can't draw the conclusion that the Ancients forced anyone to worship them. After all, they weren't even ascended, when they were in Pegasus, right?

And about the episode: i can't wait. I think the plot is quite promissing.

Comment

I just realise something... In Morpheus there would be a relevation so we could trust Vala. Flesh and Blood & Morpheus are probably a two-parter. Vala wants to join the SGC to "save" her child...

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
      Atlantis is a civilian expedition, Earth ships are military. I don't know if they would do that.
      True but the Russians first wanted also a Russian at SG-1. Then he must obey USAF..

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        lol never heard the term 'Fully Sick'? Showing your age perhaps?
        The Thorpie ads probably don't show where they are...

Comment

Originally posted by dutchmega
          I just realise something... In Morpheus there would be a relevation so we could trust Vala. Flesh and Blood & Morpheus are probably a two-parter. Vala wants to join the SGC to "save" her child...
          I really hope that's not the direction they take. I don't want to see Vala 'redeemed' because she's discovered maternal love! It would be a cop-out - as though TPTB were trying to make her acceptable to people who hate Vala because she's not a suitable role model or morally good person. It would betray those of us who fell in love with her BECAUSE she's amorally selfish and crazy and unpredictable. It's also psychologically implausible. Vala didn't want this child. The Ori implanted her against her will. They've used Vala's body in much the same way that the Goa'uld used her - as a Host. And the child sounds more Rosemary's Baby than Little Bundle of Joy. So at the very least, Vala's feelings should be very ambivalent - the way a woman feels when she bears a child as the result of rape. There may be some instinctive feelings of love, but also feelings of anger and resentment and trauma.

All the other SG-1 folks act out of honorable motives - e.g. to find Sha're, to fight for freedom and the American way of life, yadda yadda. For once TPTB have a chance to develop a more ambivalent character with mixed motives. I'd like to see Vala acting out of anger and revenge against the Ori, rather than some honorable baby-quest. And also acting out of a sense of 'nothing left to lose' - she can't go back to her life as a galactic free-trader because all her safe-havens are in danger from the Ori - so the only way she can reclaim her life is to fight back. That would be a semi-heroic and psychologically understandable arc which still preserves the qualities which make Vala such an interesting and unique character in the Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannygirl
            I also say Harsesis vs. Adria. They wouldnt even need the same actor for Shifu since it's been 6 years. It would also be an excellent way to continue Shifu's storyline and not leave it hanging.
            Even though it has nothing to do with the episode (my idea was a completely different thread and the mods HAD to stick their noses deciding it was about this episode), I thought so too.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Yes, and we'll all do our very best to ignore your drivel then, too.
              Your going to be the first person on my ignore list. Good-bye...

Comment

OK, I've edited the off-topic post. Sorry Darren.

QUESTION: Will this be a two-parter like the season premieres have been in the past?
                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 12 January 2006, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Back on topic, please. Any more off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.

Thanks!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

ive just seen this...dam i missed it! wow this episdoe sounds like its going to one of the most exicting episodes of SG yet...i m loving the new 'show' even more, just keeps getting better and better.
                    im not going to repost all the comments because its pretty pointless after 5 pages, but wow what an episode its likely to be! bring on S10.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

After reading the spoilers I'm going to enjoy this episode and hopefully the rest of season 10.

Now all that's left for me is the wait
                      Last edited by mindfire; 12 January 2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

These spoilers are very interesting.

I'm wondering whether the Ancients are really the evil guys (which would be weird as people like Oma or the Ancients from Atlantis seem quite nice) - or are the Orii trying to deceive us?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasDM
                          These spoilers are very interesting.

I'm wondering whether the Ancients are really the evil guys (which would be weird as people like Oma or the Ancients from Atlantis seem quite nice) - or are the Orii trying to deceive us?
                          I think the Ori(i?) are no good, and I always thought that the Ancients were just benevolently oblivious. And I'm sure (at one point during the series) they were just gonna be that. Now, however, if the Ancients ARE going evil, then maybe the two sides will just duke it out and destroy each other... Along with the rest of the universe...

Someone had a theory of HOW Daniel could go to the darkside thanks to his ties to Oma, and this seems like the perfect opportunity...

Comment

I doubt ( and hope ) the Ancients are the bad ones...

.....FCOL...they'd never be in an Alliance with the NOX , of all people, if there was even a marginal shread of baddnessss in their veins.....

...Tho there is more than likely a huge cool backstory regarding the spliting of factions of the Alterran Society........and the 2 parties have different interpretations of the events
                            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Someone had a theory of HOW Daniel could go to the darkside thanks to his ties to Oma, and this seems like the perfect opportunity...
                              NO, NO, NO! Getting darker, adding shades, showing a struggle to be good, but ultimately being good, I'm all for. But, going to the darkside sounds like becoming bad. It doesn't sound like fighting your human faults and triumphing. It sounds like you've gone over to the bad side. A darker Daniel that maintains his goodness, his decency, everything that makes him Daniel? Fine. And, to see him maintain that along with the difficulties, to see that the difficulties are there, outer and inner, I'm all for? Daniel actually going to the darkside? NO!!!! It could very well be a deal breaker for me.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                NO, NO, NO! Getting darker, adding shades, showing a struggle to be good, but ultimately being good, I'm all for. But, going to the darkside sounds like becoming bad. It doesn't sound like fighting your human faults and triumphing. It sounds like you've gone over to the bad side. A darker Daniel that maintains his goodness, his decency, everything that makes him Daniel? Fine. And, to see him maintain that along with the difficulties, to see that the difficulties are there, outer and inner, I'm all for? Daniel actually going to the darkside? NO!!!! It could very well be a deal breaker for me.
                                I'm totally with you on that. No Darth Daniel, dang it!

But... it seems like TPTB like to take us from one extreme to another. So, as a result, I'm bracing myself for an unnatural-180 for Vala and Daniel thanks to the new addition to the cast. It's really negative of me, and I thought I could reserve judgement but I just. Can't. Do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X