This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RA the sun god
    the aschen for the ori...are u mad that is sooooooo not gonna work...we wuld be swapping ubber baddies for some second rate...well...farmers!!!
    Uh, I think you're a little confused. The Aschen are not farmers. That was the people the Aschen "helped," when SG-1 encountered them in the new timeline. They were a civilization that was pretty urban and I'd guess around 1930's techwise, until the Aschen sterilized them with their disease cure-all and the planet had been reduced to a barely populated agrarian culture that basically supplied the Aschen's needs.

And the Ori don't impress me. They're nothing but their powers.

Comment

We shall see.

Comment

qoute
        Uh, I think you're a little confused. The Aschen are not farmers. That was the people the Aschen "helped," when SG-1 encountered them in the new timeline. They were a civilization that was pretty urban and I'd guess around 1930's techwise, until the Aschen sterilized them with their disease cure-all and the planet had been reduced to a barely populated agrarian culture that basically supplied the Aschen's needs.

And the Ori don't impress me. They're nothing but their powers.
        the aschen take over a world then use its resources like...oh i dont know...FARMING IT!!!!
        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

qoute
          the aschen take over a world then use its resources like...oh i dont know...FARMING IT!!!!
          I suppose they might once the population is totally gone. But actually its the remaining natives that farm it. And their people have to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
            I suppose they might once the population is totally gone. But actually its the remaining natives that farm it. And their people have to eat.
            they are still thecnicaly farming it in that pas epp of sg1 the ship is a askhen harvester see gateworld omnipedia ships ok
            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

they are still thecnicaly farming it in that pas epp of sg1 the ship is a askhen harvester see gateworld omnipedia ships ok
              They designed it. Are the people who design John Deere tractors farmers?

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                They designed it. Are the people who design John Deere tractors farmers?
                Good point.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Aschen were cool at the time. They're no longer anywhere near as powerful as Earth anymore, which is why the writers can't figure out how to reintroduce them.

Think about it: The reason they were interested in an alliance with us was to figure out how the gate worked; that's it. We had almost nothing else to trade with them at that point in time (hyperdrives, asgard/ancient technology, etc.).
                  We learned in the future history episode that once the Aschen got what they wanted, they were going to forcibly reduce Earth's population by ~90% via sterilization, and probably turn the place into a farm. Instead, we gave them a bunch of nasty addresses, starting with the black hole, and supposedly getting worse from there.

I recall reading in an interview with Brad Wright (I think?) where he was coming up with a third Aschen episode where they put Earth on trial for the destruction of their homeworld (Black hole ). So they and the other races of the galaxy would judge Earth, and somehow, in the end, Earth would win.

The reason why it was introduced as a "trial against humanity" plot is because the Aschen are weak now; they'd need help from other, more powerful species to harm Earth. They don't have hyperdrives and they don't have a database of gate addresses, which basically means they're no longer a serious threat.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Well, we could always bring in the Scarrans, Peacekeepers, Nebari? Or howsabout Klingons or Borg? No. Maybe the Empire. Maybe Emperor Ming and the warriors of Mongo. Maybe the Zerg or the bugs from Starship Troopers. What about the Skexies from Dark Crystal?!?!
                    No, I still the like the Ori.

Comment

I'm with you, Johnquixote. I like the Ori too. They have a lot of potential to be real bada****!
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I dono, ever since I thought about the Skexies idea I began to like it more and more. Oh Dark Crystal, what a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                          I dono, ever since I thought about the Skexies idea I began to like it more and more. Oh Dark Crystal, what a great movie.
                          Definitely brings back memories. I haven't seen that movie in years.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The Ori are amazing enemies, I mean they are like the Gou'ald and the Ancients mixed with a little more evil added. I like the way they give their priors power to extend their domain, so to speak, and spread their evil.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                              The Ori are amazing enemies, I mean they are like the Gou'ald and the Ancients mixed with a little more evil added. I like the way they give their priors power to extend their domain, so to speak, and spread their evil.
                              And actually, we haven't even seen that much of the actual Ori, you know? As things progress in the show, I hope we see more of the Doci being possessed by the Ori. Actually hearing them, giving the Ori a voice. That way we can get an even better grasp of just how evil they really are.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i' guessing the ori will look alot like the ascended alterrans

Comment

Working...
                                X