SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carina199
    Can´t remember that Jack was a thief or run away if things gone dangerous and I think his humor was a little bit more complex than asking team members about "making babies" with him.
    Must have another show called Stargate SG 1 I have seen.

I´m so happy that I have made the decision stop watching SG 1 after episode 9.3 and concentrate now, beside watching the odd Atlantis episode now and then, on the Fandemonium books and a handfull fanfiction. Otherwise the thought of season 10 would depressing me.
    So are the Fandemonium books true to SG-1 (unlike much of season 9)? If so can you recommend a few, I think Im going to need something to do on Friday nights while waiting for Atlantis and the SG-1 game (which better not have any of the crpy "new" concepts in it... I want to fight goa'uld and explore the galaxy, dangit)
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
      Oh, please... Jack was the king of inappropriate humor. Vala is similar to O'Neill and McKay in that she is not a Bland/Vanilla character.
      Vala is nothing like O'Niell. She is somewhat like Mckay, the Mckay in SG-1 ep 48 hours who was Simmons lapdog (you know simmons, the bad guy). They made Mckay a lot more respectable when they brought him over to Atlantis. I guess that is what they will do with Vala, rewrite her character so it sort of fits into the show.. until it is cancelled.

On further consideration I take it back. Vala is not even like Mckay in 48 hours at least he was trying to do the right thing. He just didnt have all the information and Simons was playing him. I guess the only possible comparision is the Mckay hits on women but not nearly as much as Vala hits on men.
      Last edited by AGateFan; 13 November 2005, 06:00 AM.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        So are the Fandemonium books true to SG-1 (unlike much of season 9)? If so can you recommend a few, I think Im going to need something to do on Friday nights while waiting for Atlantis and the SG-1 game (which better not have any of the crpy "new" concepts in it... I want to fight goa'uld and explore the galaxy, dangit)
        My favorites are "Sacrifice Moon" (because it´s catching the mood of the very early Stargate episodes so well) and "A Matter of Honor" but I think all of them are closer to the original show than what I know from season 9. I don´t know about "The Cost of Honor" but I think it´s good, too (it´s from the writer of "A Matter of Honor". (Why can´t they bring this books worldwide - buying them is soo expansive so that I must wait until after christmas for it).

And you say you are waiting for the SG 1 game? Means that it´s not canceld?
        GREAT! (Just hope my poor old computer can deal with it).

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
          I hope that the see much more of the Sodan next season (they should become the new Tok'ra), as well as a continuation of the Jaffa storyline.
          Good analogy!
          School is overrated.

Comment

i am liking all the stuff posted on this thread... keep it up!!!!
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

What I hope for in season 10:

CJ to write an episode or two (he is a very talented writer)
              More for Teal'c to do than just raise his eyebrow
              More scientist Sam and soldier Sam
              Daniel doing some real archaeology
              More emphasis on the TEAM (Cam, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c), team interaction, and the relationships among the members of the team
              Less Vala (or at least cover her up more - a woman doesn't have to dress like that to be attractive and sexy)
              More episodes with Bra'tac
              I'd like to see Ishta return (hopefully in an episode written by CJ!)
              One (and only one) funny episode with Felger and Coombs (especially Coombs!)

Not asking too much, am I?
              Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Caylynn
                No!!
                Sorry for you, but I hate those 2.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Caylynn
                  What I hope for in season 10:

CJ to write an episode or two (he is a very talented writer)
                  More for Teal'c to do than just raise his eyebrow
                  More scientist Sam and soldier Sam
                  Daniel doing some real archaeology
                  More emphasis on the TEAM (Cam, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c), team interaction, and the relationships among the members of the team
                  Less Vala (or at least cover her up more - a woman doesn't have to dress like that to be attractive and sexy)
                  More episodes with Bra'tac
                  I'd like to see Ishta return (hopefully in an episode written by CJ!)

Not asking too much, am I?
                  I agree with most of that. I would like more Vala but only if we get the Vala we saw glimpses of in TPTB. If the character doesn't grow she's just irritating. And yes, there's no need for her to continue dressing in those ridiculous contraptions.

I'd also leave out Felger and Coombs. I personally wasn't a fan of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    Wow, I didn't know that. I quite liked Prototype. In fact, that was one of the TWO eps I've liked this season. If that's the kind of work the new guy does we may be in for some good stuff in the last half of S9 after all, and, hopefully S10.
                    Alan McCullough wrote 'Prototype', and has 'Stronghold', 'Off the Grid', and 'Arthur's Mantle' in the back half of the season.
                    Spoiler:
                    Two of those are Baal episodes.

Also, Martin Gero, who joined the franchise last year as an Atlantis writer, wrote his first SG-1 script this season, 'The Powers That Be'. So that's fully one quarter of season nine written by SG-1 newcomers.

a time to mourn

Comment

I think itb be good to see the Wraith in SG-1, just my 2 cents
                      When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        Alan McCullough wrote 'Prototype', and has 'Stronghold', 'Off the Grid', and 'Arthur's Mantle' in the back half of the season.
                        Spoiler:

Also, Martin Gero, who joined the franchise last year as an Atlantis writer, wrote his first SG-1 script this season, 'The Powers That Be'. So that's fully one quarter of season nine written by SG-1 newcomers.
                        Liked Prototype, so go Alan!!
                        Didn't like The Powers That Be, so...errrr....do better next time, Martin!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Yay, Baal! I've been hoping we'd see lots more of him. Especially given that ending to Deus Ex Machina. Best ending to an ep ever. lol!

I quite liked both Prototype and TPTB so thumbs up to the newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                            I quite liked both Prototype and TPTB so thumbs up to the newcomers.
                            I'll second that. I can't wait for the second half of this season. For both shows. Some new blood never hurts, as evidenced.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                              Liked Prototype, so go Alan!!
                              Didn't like The Powers That Be, so...errrr....do better next time, Martin!
                              Lol. Gero's first Atlantis script was Childhood's End, which was for me the most forgetable episode of the show thus far, but everything else he's done has been gold. (And imdb says that Gero has climbed the ranks to producer for the back half of SGA S2!)

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I'll second that. I can't wait for the second half of this season. For both shows. Some new blood never hurts, as evidenced.
                              Makes you wonder if another newcomer might pop up in the S10. Or maybe Chris Judge will have time to write again. (Will Browder be ready to write for Stargate?)

a time to mourn

Comment

(Will Browder be ready to write for Stargate?)
                                Too early for him to do that in season 10. Maybe in season 12.
                                School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X