No announcement yet.

SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a prize for starting a thread? Come on, you can tell me, is it chocolate? Do you get more rep points, something? A personal visit from the Stargate actor of your choice? Otherwise, I don't see why it matters who starts the thead.

Is it all about someone putting the threads in their signature? Do you get a prize for having a thread in your signature? Again, if there's chocolate involved, I may get really upset.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      Why have "Anti" threads at all? You ask me not to be negative, yet you guys are the prime example of being negative.
      Anti threads exist so that people may discuss their negative opinions in a safe environment where they will not be condemned for having those opinions. You have been continually derogative about posters having a right to these opinions, which shows a complete lack of respect for both the topic of these threads and the posters in them. In fact, you seem to crave the very negativity you say you dislike.

I am asking you again to please abide by the forum rules. It's time to agree to disagree and move on. The rest of us would like to actually talk about what this thread is concerned with: Season 10.

As to that subject, I have been posting my more "anti" thoughts in the anti thread because I wanted to enjoy this general discussion thread as a meeting place for folks with varying opinions on what is to come. I have conflicting feelings about S10 myself. Part of me loves SG1 and wants to see it continue and be successful, and part of me is very fearful for the decreasing quality of the show and its staying power. I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Do you get a prize for having a thread in your signature? Again, if there's chocolate involved, I may get really upset.
        Heck yeah, me too. I'll put a few in mine.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In my opinion, the show isn't declining in quality. It's just changing. It's different from the norm we've all come to expect. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is just mine. I've really enjoyed season 9 so far. Any of you who have seen some of my posts in other threads know this by now. Personally, I'm really happy about the possibilities a season 10 presents.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            <snip>
            As to that subject, I have been posting my more "anti" thoughts in the anti thread because I wanted to enjoy this general discussion thread as a meeting place for folks with varying opinions on what is to come. I have conflicting feelings about S10 myself. Part of me loves SG1 and wants to see it continue and be successful, and part of me is very fearful for the decreasing quality of the show and its staying power. I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.
            I think its the guy that wrote prototype. That was a pretty good ep.
            I think new writers are needed more then new actors at this point...just to get some fresh ideas in that are not just cheap knockoffs of other scifi shows.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want new writers if all they want to do is write something besides Stargate. I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show. Surely there are proffessional writers out there that happen to also be fans of the show, I mean there are actors who are fans so why not writers.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show.
              Man, wouldn't any one of us love that gig. To be able to write for a show you really love and enjoy. Like a dream come true. Where do I sign up?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that. I quite liked Prototype. In fact, that was one of the TWO eps I've liked this season. If that's the kind of work the new guy does we may be in for some good stuff in the last half of S9 after all, and, hopefully S10.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I hope for the second. After all we will have 2 new writers for season 10.

I think new writers are needed more then new actors at this point...just to get some fresh ideas in that are not just cheap knockoffs of other scifi shows.
                  Couldn't agree with you more.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want new writers if all they want to do is write something besides Stargate. I think they need to get writers who were FANS of stargate and want to write for this show. Surely there are proffessional writers out there that happen to also be fans of the show, I mean there are actors who are fans so why not writers.
                  Good Idea! But lets go further than that. Why not have a contest of sorts, something like get in gate, but for professional writers (and fans) and the best episode script may be used in Stargate. I see it as a standalone script contest (because won't mess with the general direction TPTB want to give Stargate). And if the scripts are that good maybe they would have ideas of stories (off course with the aproval of the writer). Maybe it's a bad idea but who knows.
                  Last edited by The Engineer; 12 November 2005, 07:23 PM.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

I've been doing the same with my anti-thoughts. Like you I have mixed emotions about S10. I do think that a new writer is a good idea, and as some have mentioned I think the new writer wrote Prototype, which actually felt like a Stargate episode to me, so I'm hopeful that it's a good sign. Personally, a couple of more new writers, who are familiar with the show and like it, wouldn't be a bad idea imo.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                      Couldn't agree with you mare.

I can't agree with this mare, either...

Comment

I have heard rumors of a new writer being added for the last half of S9 and supposedly S10. Do you folks think this is a good idea or not? New blood and all.
                        Definitely a good idea. I'm a fan of S9 but I think they need some new blood with fresh ideas. Sometimes one new persepective can make a world of difference. The guy who wrote Prototype was new? Hire him on full time I say. That episode was fantastic.

I'd also really really love if they could get someone who could write a decent story arc for a female character.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Musnud

I can't agree with this mare, either...
                          My bad!
                          I meant more. Not mare.
                          I'll make the necessary changes.
                          Last edited by The Engineer; 12 November 2005, 07:23 PM.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Well, I'm jazzed about Season 10.

Bringing Claudia on full-time is the right move. SG-1 needs a McKay/O'Neill type character to offset the rest of the cast. Vala will fill that role nicely.

Also, it will be interesting to see what they do with Carter. I'd love to see her break out of her old SG-1 role and spend some time on Atlantis. IMO, it increases her importance.

I do hope that Shanks returns, he and Claudia Black have a fantastic on-screen chemistry.

As for Mitchell, I'd like to see him emerge as the leader he should be (as he is beginning to do in S9). I really like the character, but at this point he has nowhere near the credibility that O'Niell had in the early seasons.

I hope that the see much more of the Sodan next season (they should become the new Tok'ra), as well as a continuation of the Jaffa storyline.

The Ori will be taken to new levels (of course)... and I can't wait to see more of the Lucien Alliance!

Man, SG-1 is nowhere close to running out of steam!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
                              Bringing Claudia on full-time is the right move. SG-1 needs a McKay/O'Neill type character to offset the rest of the cast. Vala will fill that role nicely.
                              Can´t remember that Jack was a thief or run away if things gone dangerous and I think his humor was a little bit more complex than asking team members about "making babies" with him.
                              Must have another show called Stargate SG 1 I have seen.

I´m so happy that I have made the decision stop watching SG 1 after episode 9.3 and concentrate now, beside watching the odd Atlantis episode now and then, on the Fandemonium books and a handfull fanfiction. Otherwise the thought of season 10 would depressing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carina199
                                Can´t remember that Jack was a thief or run away if things gone dangerous and I think his humor was a little bit more complex than asking team members about "making babies" with him.
                                Must have another show called Stargate SG 1 I have seen.
                                Oh, please... Jack was the king of inappropriate humor. Vala is similar to O'Neill and McKay in that she is not a Bland/Vanilla character.

Comment

Working...
                                X