No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i had no issue with cam and the terminator rip-off, but man did that crud HAVE to go on for 21 frakking minutes???? (ok, it just felt that long)

seriously, as strong as the rep'd human was he should have killed cam in 2.9 minutes

it was stupid and too long and smacked of 'we got a lead that can do this crap so let's kill time with it'

and this is even ignoring the fact that the whole zombie aspect screamed 'scifi saturday'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      and this is even ignoring the fact that the whole zombie aspect screamed 'scifi saturday'
      Uninvited.

*shudder*

I think I've mentioned it before, but my sister was totally absorbed by Stargate SG-1 over the last few months. I bought season 7 and 8 to let her watch them. (We have the rest, but hadn't got those yet.)

I refuse to buy S9 and S10 and AoT. Ever. I love my sister, but she's on her own there, and I told her in no unclear terms that I'm doing her a favor.
      Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
      http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
        Uninvited.

*shudder*

I think I've mentioned it before, but my sister was totally absorbed by Stargate SG-1 over the last few months. I bought season 7 and 8 to let her watch them. (We have the rest, but hadn't got those yet.)

I refuse to buy S9 and S10 and AoT. Ever. I love my sister, but she's on her own there, and I told her in no unclear terms that I'm doing her a favor.
        You just reminded me of an employer in my area. He owns a burger joint and for the employees he likes, he would buy an electric alarm clock for Christmas and for the employees he didn't like...wind up.

Buy seasons 1-8 for those you like and 9, 10 & AoT for those you don't...lol.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          Actually I liked her on Atlantis. She's different because she's in a different position much like Jack's role was different in season 8.
          After rewatching S1 - 3 of Atlantis, Weir had a very strong presence. I didn't feel that way with Sam. It seemed Shep was in charge.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
            After rewatching S1 - 3 of Atlantis, Weir had a very strong presence. I didn't feel that way with Sam. It seemed Shep was in charge.
            Due in part to the fact that AT wasn't available for the whole season we had moments where it didn't even seem like Shep checked in with his CO before he went off on missions.

The SG writers used to be good at making it feel like everyone was playing an important role in a mission even when one or other of the characters was the main focus. I think they got away from that around S7 when RDA cut back his time & never got back in the groove. They tended to pair characters in A & B stories and I think that might have spilled over with SGA--that and their love affair w/ Shep/Rodney buddy-ness.

Comment

i do lay a lot of sam's apparante 'weakness' in season four at the feet of

AT not there for part of it
              TPTB's inability to write a woman in charge
              TPTB"s love affaire with roguish hero and his buddy

I think they just wrote and slapped it together and don't look long term and consider that, just like it was wrong to imply that sam and cam just 'took' the promie out in ...oh whatever that eps was where it got blown up - it's just a s wrong for them to imply that shep is running amuck and doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants

sigpic

Comment

i do lay a lot of sam's apparante 'weakness' in season four at the feet of

AT not there for part of it
                TPTB's inability to write a woman in charge
                TPTB"s love affaire with roguish hero and his buddy

I think they just wrote and slapped it together and don't look long term and consider that, just like it was wrong to imply that sam and cam just 'took' the promie out in ...oh whatever that eps was where it got blown up - it's just a s wrong for them to imply that shep is running amuck and doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants
                Joe M said something along the line of stuff happening offscreen and not wanting to waste time referencing it... I think they needed to take two lines and do that, because it gave the wrong impression. They cut too many corners, you can't just assume people will fill things in, not when the lead male action superhero ran amuck when he used to be able to override the "leader" in military situations.

On topic: Rather like S9/S10 tried to give the impression Cammie-poo was "in charge" because Sam "left" her position.
                <<GAG>>

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Just came back from the theater, saw the new Indy film.

Indiana Jones could have done a stargate movie and made it great. I was clapping in the theater...haven't cheered in a movie in ages.

Indy's rocket test launcher ride was hilarious and the movie just kept going. Paced right along, lots and lots of classic Indiana Jones actions and wise cracks.

Does a nice little fill in one what Indy did during ww2 (he was a colonel and worked OSS...hehe) and his sidekick was great too.

There is a "snake scene" in this film that had me ROFLMAO.

By the end of the film, I could envision Indy doing a stargate film. If Lucas and Spielberg got the rights to stargate or became tptb...they could elevate it from gutter and back into major motion picture...lol.

The last film is not as good as Raiders over all but it blew Ark of Barf right off the surface of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

The last film is not as good as Raiders over all but it blew Ark of Barf right off the surface of the planet.
                    Well that's because they had Indiana Jones, true hero...

not Indiana Jackson, wannabe hero
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      Just came back from the theater, saw the new Indy film.

Indiana Jones could have done a stargate movie and made it great. I was clapping in the theater...haven't cheered in a movie in ages.

Indy's rocket test launcher ride was hilarious and the movie just kept going. Paced right along, lots and lots of classic Indiana Jones actions and wise cracks.

Does a nice little fill in one what Indy did during ww2 (he was a colonel and worked OSS...hehe) and his sidekick was great too.

There is a "snake scene" in this film that had me ROFLMAO.

By the end of the film, I could envision Indy doing a stargate film. If Lucas and Spielberg got the rights to stargate or became tptb...they could elevate it from gutter and back into major motion picture...lol.

Well yeah it blew the crp out of Stargate S9-S10 but I think the stargate crystle skull looked cooler and that stargate story sort of made more sense.

This indy was not as good as previous Indys. In a way it slightly suffered from a problem that S10 did in that at the beginning I think they added something just because they thought it would be "cool" because it sure as hell wasnt believable in any way shape or form.

The snake seen was ROFLMAO and much of the rest of the movie was good but it seemed like they were trying to hard sometimes. I did like the nods to the old movies and the "resolution" of the movie and how they didnt quite pass the torch.

I guess I just had really high expectations for this movie as opposed to Caspian and Iron Man. I found those to be pleasant suprises and this one just a tad bit of a letdown. Still not near the utter disgusting letdown S9-S10...but then you really got to work to get that bad.

BTW: I helped my step mom set up one of my cousins weddings today. She is marrying Daniel Jackson. No one seems to understand how really funny that is. I ALMOST wrote in the guest book they had "good luck from Sam, Jack and Teal'c" but since they dont get it anyway I decided just to skip it.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

There were a few plot holes in it but was still a lot of fun. It didn't drag at all. Kept right on going.

The Ark of Barf just dragged out and became so boring. The plot holes just scream at you.

I still think Lucas and Speilberg should be the new ptb in stargate. I would love to see them sit down with this prop and come up with a whole cast of new people and new ideas.

Just made me wonder what they would come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Joe M said something along the line of stuff happening offscreen and not wanting to waste time referencing it... I think they needed to take two lines and do that, because it gave the wrong impression. They cut too many corners, you can't just assume people will fill things in, not when the lead male action superhero ran amuck when he used to be able to override the "leader" in military situations.

On topic: Rather like S9/S10 tried to give the impression Cammie-poo was "in charge" because Sam "left" her position.
                          <<GAG>>

suse
                          That just comes back to whether or not you (TPTB) are writing for fans on the internet (which they claim they are not) or for the general populace. If one simply watches the show without any knowledge of off-screen issues (casting choices, actor availability, production issues) then Carter's absence in certain scenes is quite obvious and unexplainable.

For us, we know what the reason is. Certainly Carter/Weir/Hammond although the "leader" have to defer/be wrong in comparison to the lead Shep/O'Niell/McKay on occasion, and have to do a lot of "how come?" questioning (exposition), but they still have to be there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think I read the newspaper during Ark of Twuth.

Comment

i enjoyed it the most under the influence of alcohol

i think, for some of us, it's a prime candidate for MST3K

sigpic

Comment

i enjoyed it the most under the influence of alcohol

i think, for some of us, it's a prime candidate for MST3K
                                Oh yea, given enough drunken participants, that could be fun
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X