S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    let's not speculate on why CB didn't sign. Could be she wasn't around or they forgot to ask her.

(of course, if I wrote AoT I would use a pen name and then deny it was me.)
    Yeah that was probably the case for CB.
    sign the dvd & write "sorry" on it.

Comment

somebody better check that dvd for the tell tale smudge of write-out.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

it was more along the line of she was pregnant and dealing with becoming a mommy again than promo stuff

that's why she's not in a lot of the promo pics, she was showing and didn't want to. and, very possibly, why she didn't sign stuff
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

let's not speculate on why CB didn't sign. Could be she wasn't around or they forgot to ask her.

(of course, if I wrote AoT I would use a pen name and then deny it was me.)

no need to speculate. She's in L.A. And seems to be focusing on stuff down there (like her newest baby); everyone else came up at some time or another for AoT promotion. No need to make more of it than what it is. imo

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            I won't bad-mouth AoT, but maybe it was also the fact that Sam's role in AoT was so bland being relegated behind the Asgard console and all...
            Not surprised since AoT is just a continuation of S9/10. I was first disappointed that AT didn't sign on for another year, but after her roles in SG-1 S9/10, Atlantis and AoT, I think its time for her to move on.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              Not surprised since AoT is just a continuation of S9/10. I was first disappointed that AT didn't sign on for another year, but after her roles in SG-1 S9/10, Atlantis and AoT, I think its time for her to move on.
              Actually I liked her on Atlantis. She's different because she's in a different position much like Jack's role was different in season 8.

Comment

she wnated to do them both, but the timing just wouldn't work out.

sigpic

Comment

It would have been interesting with her now brown locks to have remained Sam on Atlantis and done Helen on Sanctuary.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually I liked her on Atlantis. She's different because she's in a different position much like Jack's role was different in season 8.
                    A different job doesn't change your personality. I know lots of people who change positions but are still the same person. In NY, we've lost just about all our manufacturing but gained nursing positions. I know people who worked at Kodak, for 20 years, on the line and were laid off that became nurses. Talk about a 180 in careers.

Sam, from season 9 on, seems to be more reserved and not as bubbly as early Sam. When I say bubbly, I'm not talking about excited cause she found something new. She doesn't seem to have that sparkle that was presented before. Perhaps the directing as suffered?

Early Carter was more about values, ethics and seemed far deeper in character with many emotions and expressions.

Later carter, even on Atlantis, doesn't seem as deep. Kind of like a guide book now instead of a whole person with whole range of emotions and thoughts.

Early carter also had the challenge of figuring out the technology...she hasn't had to figure out new alien tech in sometime now. I miss the detective that carter could be as well.

Comment

A different job doesn't change your personality. I know lots of people who change positions but are still the same person. In NY, we've lost just about all our manufacturing but gained nursing positions. I know people who worked at Kodak, for 20 years, on the line and were laid off that became nurses. Talk about a 180 in careers.

Sam, from season 9 on, seems to be more reserved and not as bubbly as early Sam. When I say bubbly, I'm not talking about excited cause she found something new. She doesn't seem to have that sparkle that was presented before. Perhaps the directing as suffered?

Early Carter was more about values, ethics and seemed far deeper in character with many emotions and expressions.

Later carter, even on Atlantis, doesn't seem as deep. Kind of like a guide book now instead of a whole person with whole range of emotions and thoughts.

Early carter also had the challenge of figuring out the technology...she hasn't had to figure out new alien tech in sometime now. I miss the detective that carter could be as well.
                      it took well into the season before we saw that sparkle again. Part of it was that they put her into a bureaucratic position & they already had a scientist who is *almost* as smart as Sam so they couldn't have her taking over in that department. I still think they could have found a way to make better use of her and have SAm be Sam. Maybe they were out of practice writing for Sam after S9 & 10 when she was sidelined so much.

Comment

I can't help but think that tptb *were* out of practice for writing for Sam. They hadn't done it in so long. Poor thing, she was wallpapered and forgotten about. I am glad that they didn't have Rodney all mooning over her though. That got real old, real fast.
                        sigpic

Comment

i do think that, once rick left, and they couldn't bring up the 'woman as half of a man' thing, they didn't know what to do with sam. I think, unless they could ship a woman, they didn't and still don't know how to write them.

vala was, by and large, an accessory for daniel and a way to pump up his masculinity and ego (sometimes i wonder if the incessant vala hitting on daniel was a way to response to daniel being slashed with jack for years)

sam, without jack for them to ship her with, was pretty much ignored. as was teal'c who, unless he was being tortured, simply propped up walls and uttered the all too common 'indeed'

all coop and the boys seemed to be able to handle was 'roguish hewo' 'hot chick' 'guy being pestered by hot chick'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i do think that, once rick left, and they couldn't bring up the 'woman as half of a man' thing, they didn't know what to do with sam. I think, unless they could ship a woman, they didn't and still don't know how to write them.

vala was, by and large, an accessory for daniel and a way to pump up his masculinity and ego (sometimes i wonder if the incessant vala hitting on daniel was a way to response to daniel being slashed with jack for years)

sam, without jack for them to ship her with, was pretty much ignored. as was teal'c who, unless he was being tortured, simply propped up walls and uttered the all too common 'indeed'

all coop and the boys seemed to be able to handle was 'roguish hewo' 'hot chick' 'guy being pestered by hot chick'
                            I disagree, just look at AoT She wasn't ignored, she's busy at the Asgard console, idiotic to let the Replicator go (she didn't close the door to the lab FCOL), plus her most important task baking maccaroons for thwe 'hewo' and kissing him in the middle of the infirmary /sarcasm

Comment

I disagree, just look at AoT She wasn't ignored, she's busy at the Asgard console, idiotic to let the Replicator go (she didn't close the door to the lab FCOL), plus her most important task baking maccaroons for thwe 'hewo' and kissing him in the middle of the infirmary /sarcasm
                              If she did close the door or someone brought an acutal gun there, then she and Mitchell would have had nothing to do in the entire movie, the "hewo" wouldn't have gotten whumped, something RCC said all the fans "just love to see" and he would have been forced to come up with something else to fill in the time, and as for the macaroons it just proves Sky's point. They don't know how to write a female character if she's not being shiped to the lead guy, which honestly I find very disgusting and makes me strogly support the need for a change in TPTB.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Teal'c? Who? Oh, yeah...they guy who holds up the set.

Totally agree that tptb can't write a character unless it's half of another character. I could draw that conclusion across the board too. Shep/rodney, Jack/Daniel, Jack/Sam, Sam/Daniel, Teal'c/torture device of week.

Yep, Vala was truly an arm accessory for Daniel and sometimes Cam. Not so much with Sam though.

The scene with Sam and macaroons in the end of AoT just made me roll my eyes too. I understood it went back to the scene where Cam baked grandma's cookies and Sam didn't like them, but still . The kiss on the cheek made me realize just how much skiffy must have filtered out.

I half expected the cookies to be laced with "rodent be gone" poison.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                If she did close the door or someone brought an acutal gun there, then she and Mitchell would have had nothing to do in the entire movie, the "hewo" wouldn't have gotten whumped, something RCC said all the fans "just love to see" and he would have been forced to come up with something else to fill in the time, and as for the macaroons it just proves Sky's point. They don't know how to write a female character if she's not being shiped to the lead guy, which honestly I find very disgusting and makes me strogly support the need for a change in TPTB.
                                Not sure which fans RC was referring too. I'm not one of those fans. I don't mind seeing action...where the hero gets scrapped up a bit...The scene from Raider's of the Lost Ark where Indy went under the Nazi truck and then battled to get the truck with the ark back was just super cool. But RC doesn't seem to understand what is "wump" and what is action.

The fight scene between Cammie and the Terminator was a bit too long in AoT. Come the end of the scene I was rooting for the replicators. The thought, "to bad they didn't get Arnold for this scene" actually came into my mind. Arnold in Stargate beating the crap out of cam would have been good.

Picture the scene now:

Arnold: One punch and cam lands on rear. Stares down at Cam and says, "I'll be back." Turns and leaves Cam sitting there.

Cam: "Sam, hurry and save my butt."

Arnold: Walks down hall and replicators scatter, some even bow. Walks into Asgard core and looks at Sam: "Come with me if you want to live."

End scene.

Over all tptb could have wrapped the Bori story line with a 2 part ep instead of a movie and given Sam, Cam and Teal'c the eps off. A teal'c, Sam and Cam centered ep could have countered the Daniel/Vala/Bori ep...providing it didn't involve more replicators.

Comment

Working...
                                X