No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After much thinking about S9 and S10, I've come to the conclusion that I was watching Stargate: The Ice Pirates.

Except The Ice Pirates was meant to be funny. SG-1, not so much.

Here's a link to imdb for anyone who doesn't know about the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087451/

Comment

I loved the Ice Pirates - but it was intended to be silly
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I loved the Ice Pirates - but it was intended to be silly
        You sure S9/S10 wasn't?

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          You sure S9/S10 wasn't?

suse
          Oooh, you're bad
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Oooh, you're bad
            I aim to please.

suse
            still on an AT high
            (would that I could be such a positive person)
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

season 9 and 10 was like watching Stargate Ishtar

a movie that is a ridiculous spoof, but the creators thought it was serious and real
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                season 9 and 10 was like watching Stargate Ishtar

a movie that is a ridiculous spoof, but the creators thought it was serious and real
                S9 and S10 were serious, but AoT...well, I don't want to be rude here
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

In all honesty season 9 and 10 have no real liking too. I cannot think of any other show that fell so fast and so hard.

Season 1-7 rivals Quantum Leap and MASH.

Season 8...not as good as before but better than what was to come.

The only thing I could compare 9 & 10 to is a Robin Hood, Men in Tights. A pitiful take off of an old story that thinks it's funny...however, in reality just painful to watch.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    In all honesty season 9 and 10 have no real liking too. I cannot think of any other show that fell so fast and so hard.

Season 1-7 rivals Quantum Leap and MASH.

Season 8...not as good as before but better than what was to come.

The only thing I could compare 9 & 10 to is a Robin Hood, Men in Tights. A pitiful take off of an old story that thinks it's funny...however, in reality just painful to watch.

They're Men! They're Men In Tights! (Are their seams straight?)

At least Men in Tights was meant to be a spoof. ("Unlike some Robin Hoods *I* have a proper British accent.") <<snicker>>

But yeah, for the most part...

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

One of the AT convention reports said that when AT was interviewed by at least one reporter, he wanted to talk about Sanctuary and not Ark of Truth.
                      Why am I not surprised? i wouldn't want to talk about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        One of the AT convention reports said that when AT was interviewed by at least one reporter, he wanted to talk about Sanctuary and not Ark of Truth.
                        I won't bad-mouth AoT, but maybe it was also the fact that Sam's role in AoT was so bland being relegated behind the Asgard console and all...

Comment

They're Men! They're Men In Tights! (Are their seams straight?)

At least Men in Tights was meant to be a spoof. ("Unlike some Robin Hoods *I* have a proper British accent.") <<snicker>>

But yeah, for the most part...

suse
                          Hmm, you mean Kevin Costner doesn't have an English accent? (Gotta admit that little john was great in that movie though)

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Sanctuary is the new, upcoming show and AT where's many hats in the shows filming and production. So, if I was that reporter I would be talking sanctuary too!

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          I won't bad-mouth AoT, but maybe it was also the fact that Sam's role in AoT was so bland being relegated behind the Asgard console and all...
                          Ahhh, but I will bad mouth AoT....after all...you get what you pay for. Since I only paid 99 cents to rent it...I would say it was worth 50 cents.

Crossing finger for Continuum though. But not holding my breath.

Just hope the special effects are not over the top and the plot really isn't Mobius.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                            True--there wasn't much for her to say.

Ahhh, but I will bad mouth AoT....after all...you get what you pay for. Since I only paid 99 cents to rent it...I would say it was worth 50 cents.
                            Ha! Too true. It had the same problems as S9 &10 plus some.

Crossing finger for Continuum though. But not holding my breath.

Just hope the special effects are not over the top and the plot really isn't Mobius.
                            me too.

Comment

I was dying to offer twopence for the signed-by-everyone-but-ClaudiaBlack copy of AoT for auction at AT3 but decided not to rock the boat. I was shushed and told "SUSE" by my con-buddy.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I was dying to offer twopence for the signed-by-everyone-but-ClaudiaBlack copy of AoT for auction at AT3 but decided not to rock the boat. I was shushed and told "SUSE" by my con-buddy.

suse
                                let's not speculate on why CB didn't sign. Could be she wasn't around or they forgot to ask her.

(of course, if I wrote AoT I would use a pen name and then deny it was me.)

Comment

Working...
                                X