S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    So then...Mitchell is just the more attractive VR version of Felger.

Wow...this makes a lot of sense, sadly enough. It explains the CMOH, Mitchell's fangurlism...

Seriously...this is a fanfiction waiting to happen Skydiver...
    That would be a great story, especially if when Felger's VR was revealed, other characters started poking holes in the storyline - the command issue, getting the CMOH for one flying mission and getting shot down, being offered the posting of one's choice for the same reason, being allowed to be on SG-1 with zero 'gate experience, being allowed to share one's memories using alien tech when it was by no means necessary, etc.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

So then...Mitchell is just the more attractive VR version of Felger.

Wow...this makes a lot of sense, sadly enough. It explains the CMOH, Mitchell's fangurlism...

Seriously...this is a fanfiction waiting to happen Skydiver...
      not unless i'm in the mood for Crack!Fic again

even i have my standards
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        That would be a great story, especially if when Felger's VR was revealed, other characters started poking holes in the storyline - the command issue, getting the CMOH for one flying mission and getting shot down, being offered the posting of one's choice for the same reason, being allowed to be on SG-1 with zero 'gate experience, being allowed to share one's memories using alien tech when it was by no means necessary, etc.
        And upon hearing the whole crazy VR story, Jack would jump in with something like: "Oh please...like I would ever authorize some greenhorn hotshot pilot with no gate experience to lead SG-1 over Carter. Jyah...right."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

After tonight's mini-interviews I have lost even more hope for the Carter character in S10 as I fear they will make the J/S ship the focus and that will really put the nail in the coffin for me and IMO will prove that TPTB see Carter as nothing substantial unless she is the other half of a couple (S9 was the beginning of proof of that and unless S10 sees them step-up with Carter in substance as opposed to just focusing on her character when Jack is around the story will be finished, IMO, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            After tonight's mini-interviews I have lost even more hope for the Carter character in S10 as I fear they will make the J/S ship the focus and that will really put the nail in the coffin for me and IMO will prove that TPTB see Carter as nothing substantial unless she is the other half of a couple (S9 was the beginning of proof of that and unless S10 sees them step-up with Carter in substance as opposed to just focusing on her character when Jack is around the story will be finished, IMO, of course.)
            The issue for me has been and always will be balance. Having Carter go back to being all business all the time is just as out of balance as showing her being all about her personal relationships. People are multidimensional and Carter is no exception.

So bring on the ship but do it in balance ... let us see the strong/brilliant/soldier/leader Sam most of the time with a taste of the Sam/Jack resolve to show that she (and therefore we the audience) didn't go through that emotional rollercoaster for nothing.

Of course the writers have to be willing to write her with balance in mind and have the skill to pull it off...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Of course the writers have to be willing to write her with balance in mind and have the skill to pull it off...

Fanfiction it is!!

Comment

And upon hearing the whole crazy VR story, Jack would jump in with something like: "Oh please...like I would ever authorize some greenhorn hotshot pilot with no gate experience to lead SG-1 over Carter. Jyah...right."
                Naturally.

Granted, it would take him a while to be able to speak after spending a good ten minutes laughing his ass off at the absurdity of the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  I enjoy my Stargate Mondays and I am sorry but when the mini-interviews included Claudia and Ben I about choked--what do they have to do with any Stargate prior to S9?

The whole point is to give commentary on the shows airing and none of them include S9.
                  Just more promotion of the divine new couple grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As if we are to think they somehow had anything to do with this show 1-8.
                  Maybe I am all wrong but it just did not sit well--Mondays are or was the only time it was all Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                    I enjoy my Stargate Mondays and I am sorry but when the mini-interviews included Claudia and Ben I about choked--what do they have to do with any Stargate prior to S9?

The whole point is to give commentary on the shows airing and none of them include S9.
                    Just more promotion of the divine new couple grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                    pretty much yeah.

course, they also had 4 spaces for interviews bits and they don't have 4 original cast members so if they didn't include teh golden couple then all those bright, shiny new fans they want to cater to would feel left out

personally, i think, IF and IF they're not jerking fans around and really do have some resolutoin, it'll only happen because AT and possibly MS aren't gonna be asked back for s11, so might as well give all those long term fans that are gonna be kicked out of the show a bit of closure before they go away

sigpic

Comment

I still see BEN as clear as day, but I wonder if they'll do the subtle "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson; with Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran" or some lameness like that.
                      Yeah, that would be my bet.

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

that is probably the most likely.

putting her ahead of AT and CJ is a HUGE insult to them. Massive insult. But you have to know that she is thier new golden child and the only character that tptb seem to care about, so they're not gonna bury her name, lest we all forget that she's on the show

i do think that the credits will be re-edited and will again skew heavily ben with some ben and claudia tossed in....with a token shot of the other three a piece.

I think that's why i like Atlantis' credits. Everyone is treated equally in them (with the exception of rod's 'and david hewlett')

No actor is significantly put ahead of the others. much more and much more representative of a true ensemble show

sigpic

Comment

My guess is that Amanda's, Michael's, and Chris's scenes in the credits will include Ben and/or Claudia in close proximity. Ben and Claudia themselves may get stand-alone scenes, but everyone else will have to share space with the Great and Glorious Ones.

Comment

well, you know, they are just the boring blond chick, black guy and the one that talks fast....who kept the show going for 8 years so that it'd be ready adn waiting for the two best actors in the world to come in and save it from mediocrity <sarcasm off>

It'll be interesting to see how blatant the dissage is. If skiffy et al actually have a little compassion and understanding or if they continue to slap these actors in the face

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              pretty much yeah.

course, they also had 4 spaces for interviews bits and they don't have 4 original cast members so if they didn't include teh golden couple then all those bright, shiny new fans they want to cater to would feel left out

personally, i think, IF and IF they're not jerking fans around and really do have some resolutoin, it'll only happen because AT and possibly MS aren't gonna be asked back for s11, so might as well give all those long term fans that are gonna be kicked out of the show a bit of closure before they go away
                              I am willing to bet there will be no S11.

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                                I am willing to bet there will be no S11.
                                Given what Season Nine was like and what I've heard of Season Ten - aside from Jack's return and Sam/Jack ship potential - that's no bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X