No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^*cough* oh, and the sig, VERY pink Great quote, another gem of sarcasm from shadow.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      ^*cough* oh, and the sig, VERY pink Great quote, another gem of sarcasm from shadow.
      Shadow's sarcasm and Skydiver's cynism are staples of this forum. I'd like to think I've contributed in some way, with my uncanny ability to snurch everything from talented individuals like Toaster.

So... Who wants to predict how the season ten credits will go?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        So... Who wants to predict how the season ten credits will go?
        BEN!
        CLAUDIA!

and then a bunch of glorified extras no one really cares about

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          BEN!
          CLAUDIA!

and then a bunch of glorified extras no one really cares about
          Then you go to episode and get the guest star credits:

Peter Deluise.
          Dom Deluise.
          Dick Deluise.
          Louise Deluise.
          Signor Luis de Luis.

And then the first commercials come on and the credits slap themselves on the forehead and go:

"Oh, yeah. Stargate! I forgot that; this is Stargate. Sorry."
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Heh heh. I wondered if they would be so blatant, knowing that fans have already predicted it. But I guess that would require them CARING what fans think, which is really none of their concern (a fact that, I know, is just the way of life).

I still see BEN as clear as day, but I wonder if they'll do the subtle "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson; with Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran" or some lameness like that.

Comment

Im thinking "Its time to lock the chevrons..." Muppetgate syle, with as many Deluises as you can fit into it, and Cam and Vala doing a little Dance, meanwhile Sam is plastered to the wall, Daniel is practicing his Jack impressions (which I didnt really see until Camelot) and Teal'c is reading "Jaffa politics for beginers"

EDIT:With Jack blowing the trumpet in the end with his "I dont wanna be here" look on his face.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                I still see BEN as clear as day, but I wonder if they'll do the subtle "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson; with Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran" or some lameness like that.
                I did actually hesitate half a second over that, but then I decided that Claudia is half the reason people watch the show (the other half being, of course, Ben) and since the two Scapers are the most important and bestest thing to happen to Stargate, EVAR, then naturally they would get top, superstar billing.

Comment

I did actually hesitate half a second over that, but then I decided that Claudia is half the reason people watch the show (the other half being, of course, Ben) and since the two Scapers are the most important and bestest thing to happen to Stargate, EVAR, then naturally they would get top, superstar billing.
                  Even though I've given myself ample time to prepare for that little... blow, let's just say that will be the ULTIMATE straw. We're talking broken back, broken knees, ankles, the works. The camel will be goo.

Comment

Now that we are all supposed to love Mitchell, and all the new people, the season 10 credits will go like this.

Ben Browder

Stargate SG-1

Claudia Black

Amanda Tapping

Christopher Judge

With Beau Bridges

And Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                      Now that we are all supposed to love Mitchell, and all the new people, the season 10 credits will go like this.

Ben Browder

Stargate SG-1

Claudia Black

Amanda Tapping

Christopher Judge

With Beau Bridhes

So Beau's changed his name?

Comment

Ben Browder

Stargate SG-1

Claudia Black

Amanda Tapping

Christopher Judge

With Beau Bridges

I still say more like this:

Ben Browder (off of Farscape)

Stargate SG-1

Claudia Black (off of Farscape)

Amanda Tapping

Christopher Judge

With Beau Bridges (he's in movies; real movies!)

And Michael Shanks as that archaeologist guy from that movie with that spinny thing. You know; sort of opened a gate to the stars. What was it called?
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Looks right to me, Vyse. Now that you've corrected the typo.

If they got anyone's names spalled wrong, it'd be Amanda Taping, Michel Shanks, or Christophr Judges.

Comment

Looks right to me, Vyse. Now that you've corrected the typo.

If they got anyone's names spalled wrong, it'd be Amanda Taping, Michel Shanks, or Christophr Judges.
                            lol, too true. When RDA comes back it will say:

Special unwanted Guest Star
                            Richrd Den Aderson

Comment

lol, too true. When RDA comes back it will say:

Special unwanted Guest Star
                              Richrd Den Aderson
                              as MacGyver Gen. Jack O'Neil

Comment

maybe more along the line of

Ben Browder
                                Claudia Black
                                We'd remind you again that they're from Farscape but we'd have to pay someone

in
                                Farcegate
                                that blond chick
                                the black dude
                                With
                                Beau Bridges - he's from hollywood you know
                                and some fasttalking dude that the women like
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X